|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Gift of Tongues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of the things Daniel enjoyed about the chess club he joined?
(a) It was an opportunity for him to be sociable.
(b) He did not have to interact much with the other players.
(c) He could make a lot of money at tournaments.
(d) He could show off his skills.
2. What caused Daniel to be interested in learning Spanish?
(a) He was about to take a trip to Mexico.
(b) Neil spoke the language.
(c) A television show he watched that was in Spanish.
(d) A conversation with Neil's mother about Spain.
3. How is it possible to acquire savant skills?
(a) One can only be born that way.
(b) By concentrating on one side of the brain.
(c) Through illness or injury to the brain.
(d) Through a type of hypnosis.
4. What language is Daniel learning when the book is being written?
5. What mathematical chess problem does Daniel diagram in detail in his book?
(d) Knight's Tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Daniel's parents have to clear the floor in his room at night, leave a hall light, on and put a gate at the top of the stairs?
2. As the Tammet family grew in size, what did they do to accommodate three additional children?
3. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
4. What type of language does Daniel find most confusing because of his Asperger's?
5. What is Daniel's condition concerning epilepsy now?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)