|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Gift of Tongues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel best learn new languages?
(a) By playing Scrabble with the foreign letters.
(c) From watching television.
(d) By listening to it spoken.
2. How is it possible to acquire savant skills?
(a) Through a type of hypnosis.
(b) By concentrating on one side of the brain.
(c) One can only be born that way.
(d) Through illness or injury to the brain.
3. What was Daniel's favorite subject in secondary school?
4. What types of words does Daniel find most difficult?
(a) Abstract words.
5. Two of the secondary school subjects that Daniel struggled with were:
(a) Woodworking and public speaking.
(b) Physical education and biology.
(c) Health and computer programming.
(d) Woodworking and physical education.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Daniel goes into detail to explain a certain mathematical topic. Which topic is that?
2. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
3. Why did Daniel's parents have to clear the floor in his room at night, leave a hall light, on and put a gate at the top of the stairs?
4. What illness struck Daniel's father when Daniel was ten years old?
5. What language is Daniel learning when the book is being written?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)