|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Gift of Tongues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Daniel's father returned home after a long hospitalization, how did the family celebrate?
(a) They did not have a celebration.
(b) They had a house party.
(c) They all gave him welcome home gifts.
(d) They went out for dinner.
2. What made Daniel groggy at times and sensitive to sunlight?
(a) His medication for epilepsy.
(b) The lack of vegetables in his diet.
(c) His lack of a good night's sleep.
(d) His seizures.
3. What made Daniel stop playing in chess tournaments?
(a) It was too easy for him to win most of the time.
(b) He would lose if distracted or if something unexpected happened.
(c) There was not enough money in it.
(d) He became bored.
4. In Chapter 6, Daniel discusses an awkward love note he handed to someone when he was sixteen. How did this person respond?
(a) He told Daniel he felt the same way.
(b) He laughed in Daniel's face.
(c) He said he could not be the person Daniel wanted him to be.
(d) He belittled Daniel and threatened to tell everyone about it.
5. Who did Daniel help with advice on learning Romanian?
(a) His Lithuanian friend, Birute.
(b) His father.
(c) His friend, Ian.
(d) Neil's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. A famous Russian writer who had a form of temporal lobe epilepsy was:
2. When Daniel had his second seizure, what did his father do?
3. Professor Alan Snyder believes that autistic thought is:
4. Why are nouns Daniel's favorite parts of speech?
5. What was the name of the boy Daniel made friends with in secondary school?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)