Chapter One, Blue Nines and Red Words
1. How does the narrator know that he was born on a Wednesday?
(a) His mother reminds him of this.
(b) He looked up the date on a calendar.
(c) The date is blue in his mind and Wednesdays are always blue.
(d) A physician told him.
2. In what voice is the story told?
(a) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
3. By what quality can Daniel recognize every prime number up to 9,973?
(a) Their "dagger-like" quality.
(b) Their rounded shapes.
(c) Their "pebble-like" quality.
(d) Their interesting color.
4. What is Daniel's rare condition known as?
(a) Attention Developmental Disorder.
(b) Severe Autism.
(c) Pervasive Delayed Disorder.
(d) Savant Syndrome.
5. How does Daniel experience numbers?
(a) As letters of the alphabet.
(b) As bits of food.
(c) The same way you and I do.
(d) As numbers, shapes, and colors.
6. What is synesthesia?
(a) A disease whereby one's limbs fall asleep.
(b) An extremely rare form of schizophrenia.
(c) A rare neurological mixing of the senses.
(d) A form of deep depression.
This section contains 4,962 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)