Chapter One, Blue Nines and Red Words
1. How does the narrator know that he was born on a Wednesday?
(a) A physician told him.
(b) The date is blue in his mind and Wednesdays are always blue.
(c) His mother reminds him of this.
(d) He looked up the date on a calendar.
2. In what voice is the story told?
(a) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
3. By what quality can Daniel recognize every prime number up to 9,973?
(a) Their "pebble-like" quality.
(b) Their interesting color.
(c) Their rounded shapes.
(d) Their "dagger-like" quality.
4. What is Daniel's rare condition known as?
(a) Pervasive Delayed Disorder.
(b) Attention Developmental Disorder.
(c) Severe Autism.
(d) Savant Syndrome.
5. How does Daniel experience numbers?
(a) As numbers, shapes, and colors.
(b) As bits of food.
(c) The same way you and I do.
(d) As letters of the alphabet.
6. What is synesthesia?
(a) An extremely rare form of schizophrenia.
(b) A rare neurological mixing of the senses.
(c) A disease whereby one's limbs fall asleep.
(d) A form of deep depression.
This section contains 4,910 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)