Chapter One, Blue Nines and Red Words
• Daniel Tammet is a savant with Asperger's syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism.
• Daniel can compute large mathematical calculations very quickly and compares himself to the character in the film Rain Man.
• Drawings are printed in the book to give the reader a better understanding of how he experiences numbers.
• Daniel experiences words as colors and is able to learn other languages with great ease.
Chapter Two, Early Years
• Daniel's mother, Jennifer, gives birth to Daniel.
• As a child, Jennifer thought of herself as an outsider and did not feel loved.
• Daniel's father, Kevin, had a difficult childhood, at times having to live in a hostel for the homeless.
• Kevin brings up his younger siblings while his single mother worked.
• As a baby and young child, Daniel cried constantly.
• His parents are very loving and patient with him
• Daniel enters nursery...
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)