|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "My Mother's Life".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author have trouble fitting in with his colored classmates at Sandingham?
(a) They would bully him for being too white.
(b) They spent all their free time doing expensive things.
(c) They all lived far away.
(d) They would bully him for being too black.
2. What advice did Patricia give the author about prioritizing between his wife and mother?
(a) Patricia said that a man's mother should always come first.
(b) Patricia said that a man's wife should always come first.
(c) Patricia said that men should not respect women at all.
(d) Patricia said that men should be the tie-breaker in arguments between their wives and mothers.
3. With whom did Patricia Nombuyiselo Noah want the author to hang out instead of his friends from Alexandra?
(a) His grandmother in Soweto.
(b) His cousin at university.
(c) His step-father in the garage.
(d) His birth father in Johannesburg.
4. How did Abel greet Patricia the last time they saw each other?
(a) He came bringing liquor and presents.
(b) He proclaimed his undying love and devotion.
(c) He shot her.
(d) He told a silly joke.
5. Who was the only member of the author's family who was willing to use corporal punishment on him?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were students willing to pay the author to buy food for them?
2. Why would people in Alexandra sometimes clasp their wrists together?
3. According to the author, what racial group was notorious for having the most dangerous gangsters in South Africa?
4. What did Patricia do when the author kept pestering her for toffee apples?
5. What did the author and Mayelene have in common?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)