|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “A Young Man’s Long, Awkward, Occasionally Tragic, and Frequently Humiliating Education in Affairs of the Heart, Part 2: The Crush” - “A Young Man’s Long, Awkward, Occasionally Tragic, and Frequently Humiliating Education in Affairs of the Heart, Part 3: The Dance” .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Patricia handle "major disputes" (84) with the author?
(a) She wrote extra-length letters.
(b) She beat him.
(c) She insisted on arguing in Xhosa.
(d) She got other members of the family to help argue with him.
2. What did the author do to get to know his father better after their reunion in Cape Town?
(a) He had him fill out a questionnaire.
(b) He hired a private investigator.
(c) He interviewed him.
(d) He spied on him.
3. What language does the author indicate was especially valued for making prayers while he was growing up in Soweto?
4. Why did the author have trouble fitting in with his white classmates at Sandingham?
(a) They were always doing things that required spending money.
(b) Their parents forbade them from hanging out with him.
(c) They only wanted to listen to grunge rock.
(d) They could not understand him when he spoke.
5. What happened after the author asked Maylene out during their walk home together?
(a) Maylene ran away.
(b) Maylene mocked him.
(c) Maylene perished suddenly and tragically.
(d) They kissed outside a McDonalds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Babiki refuse to do once she and the author arrived at the dance?
2. Why did Patricia make the author push her car?
3. From what mental disorder did Temperance Noah suffer?
4. Who threw the author from a moving vehicle when he was a young boy?
5. Why did Frances Noah refuse to beat the author when the author was a little boy?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)