|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “A Young Man’s Long, Awkward, Occasionally Tragic, and Frequently Humiliating Education in Affairs of the Heart, Part 2: The Crush” - “A Young Man’s Long, Awkward, Occasionally Tragic, and Frequently Humiliating Education in Affairs of the Heart, Part 3: The Dance” .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did students come out of the dance to look at Babiki?
(a) They had heard that she was beautiful.
(b) They had heard that she was hurt.
(c) They had heard that she looked just like Trinity from the Matrix.
(d) They had heard that she was deformed.
2. Why does the author think Santa Claus is unpopular in Africa?
(a) African parents do not want to give a fat white man credit for their gifts.
(b) Christianity is unpopular in Africa.
(c) Belief in Santa is seen as a form of idolatry.
(d) Christmas in Africa does not include gift giving.
3. Why was the author afraid to pray for God to kill the thing that left feces in his grandmother's house?
(a) He was afraid that if his prayer was not good enough, everyone would know he was to blame.
(b) He was afraid because he was not sure if he believed in God and could not stand the theological pressure.
(c) He was afraid because HE was the thing that left the feces in his grandmother's house and he did not want God to kill him.
(d) He was afraid because he was worried the demon would eat him.
4. Why did the author cry after he and Patricia retrieved Fufi?
(a) He cried because Patricia was so impatient with him.
(b) He cried because Fufi loved another boy.
(c) He cried because the other boy gave him a vicious cussing out.
(d) He cried because Fufi bit him.
5. What answer did Patricia give when the author asked her why she chose to give birth to him?
(a) She had him to spite the apartheid regime.
(b) She had him by accident.
(c) She wanted someone that would love her whom she could love in return.
(d) She had him out of love for his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bongani reveal to the author about Babiki after everyone came out of the dance to look at her?
2. According to the author, how do black people treat dogs in South Africa?
3. How would Fufi escape the author's yard?
4. What was unusual about the steakhouse that Robert opened?
5. How does the author explain his remark that he and his mother "weren't just mother and son" (70)?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)