|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Fufi" - "Robert".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author say he had learned about Robert after they spent the weekend together?
(a) He learned that Robert was a jerk.
(b) He learned that Robert was humble.
(c) He learned that Robert was wise.
(d) He learned that Robert was secretive.
2. According to the author, how do black people treat dogs in South Africa?
(a) They treat them like tools.
(b) They treat them like children.
(c) They treat them like alarm systems.
(d) They treat them like toys.
3. Why did Robert's steakhouse close?
(a) Robert ran out of money.
(b) They received a health code violation.
(c) Robert closed it after changing his mind about apartheid.
(d) The government insisted that he needed to have separate toilets for every racial category.
4. How did Patricia handle "major disputes" (84) with the author?
(a) She insisted on arguing in Xhosa.
(b) She wrote extra-length letters.
(c) She got other members of the family to help argue with him.
(d) She beat him.
5. Where did Patricia move at age nine?
(a) She moved in with her aunt.
(b) She moved in with her father.
(c) She ran away from her family entirely.
(d) She moved in with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the author unable to play with his cousins when he was very young?
2. How did arguments between the author and his mother change after the author turned eight?
3. Why was the author difficult for his caretakers to handle when he was very little?
4. How did the author first endear himself to the black students at H. A. Jack Primary?
5. Why does the author think Santa Claus is unpopular in Africa?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)