|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Fufi" - "Robert".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the author forget was in the house when he defecated on the newspaper?
2. The children of Soweto would yell out "indoda yomlungu!" whenever they passed the author. What does this phrase mean?
(a) "I hate that kid!"
(b) "The white man!"
(c) "Look out!"
(d) "Hey, buddy!"
3. Which church does the author describe as "passionate" and "cathartic"?
(a) The multiracial church.
(b) The mostly black church.
(c) The mostly white church.
(d) The Chinese church.
4. Which tribe does the author describe as "warriors"?
(a) The Xhosa.
(b) The Tswana.
(c) The Zulu.
(d) The Sotho.
5. Who did the author accuse of tricking his mother into going to church the day they were threatened in the minibus?
(a) Trevor claimed that he tricked her himself.
(b) He claimed that the pastor tricked his mother.
(c) He accused God.
(d) He accused the Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does the author indicate was especially valued for making prayers while he was growing up in Soweto?
2. On what does the author blame most of the things that have gone wrong in his life?
3. When was the Immorality Act passed?
4. To what was Patricia referring when she spoke of "the black tax" (66)?
5. Why did Frances Noah refuse to beat the author when the author was a little boy?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)