|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Husak make a speech?
(a) The importance of a purity of heart to our future.
(b) The importance of children to our future.
(c) The importance of commerce to our future.
(d) The importance of justice to our future
2. What does Tamina try to recreate?
(a) The scene where her husband is arrested.
(b) A safe home for the children.
(c) The notebooks filled with their past and love letters or even his face.
(d) The last day of her husband's life.
3. What does Husak desire?
(a) To imprison Mirek.
(b) To defect to Great Britain.
(c) To kill Kundera.
(d) To take over the country.
4. How does the student spend the evening?
(a) Carousing with friends.
(b) In the arms of a prostitute.
(c) Sleeping at a friend's house.
(d) In the presence of great minds.
5. Who does Kristyna meet one day?
(a) A student on vacation.
(b) A man who offers her a chance to act on stage.
(c) Her biological mother.
(d) Her sister who had been kidnapped years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the student and Kristyna consummate their relationship?
2. Who are two other people Kundera blurs the historic moments of?
3. How is the student recognized?
4. What is more valuable to Kristyna than her relationship with the student?
5. What finally happens to Tamina?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)