|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the student manipulate Kristyna into agreeing?
(a) To go to bed with him.
(b) To return that same day back to her home.
(c) To his going to the Writer's Club meeting.
(d) To getting her own motel room.
2. How is Tamina's situation similar to her husband's when he was ill?
(a) There is no similarity.
(b) He died in a hospital with no privacy and her new living arrangements mimic this setting.
(c) Neither of them understood the situation.
(d) He was physically ill and she is mentally ill.
3. Who is Kristyna?
(a) A 30-year-old woman who is married to a butcher.
(b) A nun who teachers Kundera.
(c) A friend of the author's.
(d) An elderly babushka.
4. What does Kristyna ask the student to get her?
(a) A book on philosophy.
(b) A new writing tablet.
(c) An inscription written by the poet they call Goethe in her book.
(d) Two more books by Kant.
5. Where does Voltaire invite the student?
(a) To his home for dinner.
(b) To hear a poetry reading at a pub.
(c) A meeting of the Writer's Club.
(d) To watch a reenactment of independence day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turns off the student about Kristyna when she arrives?
2. What is one condition that must occur for graphomania to take place?
3. Where does Tamina work?
4. What does Tamina try to recreate?
5. What happens to Tamina?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)