|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are two people Kundera blurs the historic moments of?
(a) Mirek and Zdena.
(b) Kundera and Clementis.
(c) Kafta and Mirek.
(d) Clementis and Gottwald.
2. How do the children on Tamina's team reward her?
(a) They do not reward her.
(b) By rowing her back to the mainland.
(c) By letting her have her own room.
(d) By raping her.
3. Who are two other people Kundera blurs the historic moments of?
(a) No others.
(b) Mirek and Kafta.
(c) Kundera and Mirek.
(d) Kafta and Svaboda.
4. What happens when Tamina and her husband are abroad?
(a) Her husband drowns.
(b) Tamina leaves her husband.
(c) Her husband is arrested and is now in prison.
(d) Her husband becomes ill and dies.
5. Why doesn't the memory of Tamina's husband torment her any longer?
(a) She has had a lobotomy.
(b) She has had a stroke.
(c) She is in love with Raphael.
(d) She is in a place of no history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hugo take Tamina to the zoo?
2. How is Tamina's situation similar to her husband's when he was ill?
3. What is the phrase Kundera's father says to everything after he loses his memory?
4. What is Tamina not doing?
5. What happens to Kundera's father about the same time as what happens to Hubl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Tamina go with Raphael?
2. What conditions have to exist for graphomania to blossom?
3. What is the relationship of litost to romantic love in general and specifically in relation to Kristyna and the student?
4. What does Kundera do at the opening to Part VI: The Angels?
5. Why is Tamina losing herself and why does she think the notebooks will help her situation?
6. What is the meaning of the word litost?
7. What does Tamina ask Bibi to get for her in Prague and why does Tamina make the request?
8. What character's life is again addressed in part 6 and how is her life dismissed in a sense?
9. Who is Kristyna?
10. Where does the student go the day before Kristyna arrives and how does this affect the interaction between Kristyna and the student?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)