|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kristyna and the person she meets do?
(a) Tell each other all about her life over the past twenty years.
(b) Get to know each other.
(c) Argues about Kristyna moving to London.
(d) Have an emotional affair.
2. What happens to Tamina's case in the police files?
(a) It is solved.
(b) It is eventually forgotten.
(c) It is still being actively worked.
(d) It is expunged from the records.
3. What happens to Tamina eventually?
(a) She has no memory of her prior life.
(b) She marries Raphael.
(c) She becomes a mother to all the children.
(d) She is killed by a young man.
4. What is the phrase Kundera's father says to everything after he loses his memory?
(a) That's strange.
(b) Strange that it is true.
(c) Stranger things have happened.
(d) That's great.
5. Of what is Bibi convinced?
(a) She is going to be an actress.
(b) She is going to get to the United States.
(c) She is going to write a novel.
(d) She is going to die young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the student feel as he returns home?
2. Where is Bibi going for the summer?
3. Who is Kristyna?
4. To what does the student manipulate Kristyna into agreeing?
5. What does Tamina try to recreate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What character's life is again addressed in part 6 and how is her life dismissed in a sense?
2. What happens to permanently silence Tamina?
3. Who is Kristyna?
4. Where does Tamina go with Raphael?
5. To what do Kristyna and the student agree and what is the outcome? What does the student's evaluation of Kristyna tell the reader?
6. What does Tamina do shortly after her husband dies and what might this foreshadow?
7. Discuss what graphomania is and how it is used in the context of this chapter.
8. What happens to Kundera's father in Part 6 and what do you think is the significance of Kundera writing about what happens to his father?
9. Why do you think Kundera blurs historical moments?
10. How is Tamina's situation where Raphael takes her similar to her husband's situation just before he dies?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)