|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are two people Kundera blurs the historic moments of?
(a) Clementis and Gottwald.
(b) Mirek and Zdena.
(c) Kundera and Clementis.
(d) Kafta and Mirek.
2. How does the narrator describe Tamina?
(a) As a lost soul whose shape is set in the past.
(b) As a empty husk.
(c) As on a raft looking back.
(d) As a empty soul with no life.
3. What happens when Tamina and her husband are abroad?
(a) Her husband becomes ill and dies.
(b) Her husband is arrested and is now in prison.
(c) Her husband drowns.
(d) Tamina leaves her husband.
4. What happens to Kundera's father about the same time as what happens to Hubl?
(a) Kundera's father becomes ill.
(b) Kundera's father writes a refutation of Hubl's words.
(c) Kundera's father is removed from the position Minister of Justice.
(d) Kundera's father defects.
5. Who is Kristyna?
(a) An elderly babushka.
(b) A friend of the author's.
(c) A 30-year-old woman who is married to a butcher.
(d) A nun who teachers Kundera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the island like where Tamina and the boy are at?
2. In what status does Tamina leave Bohemia?
3. What is one condition that must occur for graphomania to take place?
4. What is more valuable to Kristyna than her relationship with the student?
5. What entices Kristyna?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)