|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hubl say you can "liquidate its people"?
(a) He is not sure how to do it, just that it is necessary.
(b) By erasing their memory of their previous culture.
(c) By killing them one by one.
(d) By indoctrinating their children.
2. What does Tamina do shortly after losing her husband?
(a) Swallows a bottle of prescription pills and swims out into the sea.
(b) Goes to plead for his release.
(c) Returns to Prague.
(d) Takes her children out of the country.
3. How is Tamina's situation similar to her husband's when he was ill?
(a) There is no similarity.
(b) He was physically ill and she is mentally ill.
(c) He died in a hospital with no privacy and her new living arrangements mimic this setting.
(d) Neither of them understood the situation.
4. What does litost mean?
(a) The least weight of all.
(b) A toast to misery.
(c) A state of torment created by the sudden sight of one's own misery.
(d) A toast to life.
5. What happens to Kundera's father about the same time as what happens to Hubl?
(a) Kundera's father is removed from the position Minister of Justice.
(b) Kundera's father writes a refutation of Hubl's words.
(c) Kundera's father becomes ill.
(d) Kundera's father defects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tamina after she sleeps with Hugo?
2. What does Husak desire?
3. What does Kristyna ask the student to get her?
4. Why does the student settle into litost?
5. How is Tamina's apartment?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)