|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hubl say you can "liquidate its people"?
(a) By erasing their memory of their previous culture.
(b) He is not sure how to do it, just that it is necessary.
(c) By indoctrinating their children.
(d) By killing them one by one.
2. How is the student when he returns to his Writer's Club?
(a) Feeling rejected.
(b) Fully immersed in his litost.
(c) Full of inspiration.
(d) Feeling really great.
3. What happens to Tamina's case in the police files?
(a) It is eventually forgotten.
(b) It is still being actively worked.
(c) It is expunged from the records.
(d) It is solved.
4. What is more valuable to Kristyna than her relationship with the student?
(a) The book with the inscription.
(b) Her memories of the Club meeting.
(c) Meeting great minds.
(d) The discussions she has with the student.
5. What is the only picture Tamina has of her husband?
(a) A picture of him when he is 12.
(b) A baby picture.
(c) She has no pictures of him.
(d) His passport photo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Tamina?
2. What is Tamina not doing?
3. What does the student debate with others?
4. With whom does Kristyna sometimes have an affair?
5. What does Tamina think the ostriches are doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the student deceiving Kristyna and attending the Writer's Club meeting?
2. Where does Tamina go with Raphael?
3. What happens to Kundera's father in Part 6 and what do you think is the significance of Kundera writing about what happens to his father?
4. How is Tamina's eventual suicide symbolic?
5. Who is Kristyna?
6. What conditions have to exist for graphomania to blossom?
7. Explain who Tamina is and the significance of how Kundera describes her.
8. What does Kundera do at the opening to Part VI: The Angels?
9. Why do you think Kundera blurs historical moments?
10. How are the Czechs and litost related in Kundera's opinion?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)