|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses the Czech people?
(d) Klement Gottwald.
2. Who wrote RHINOCEROS?
(a) Eugene Ionesco.
(b) William Tennessee.
(c) Lillian Helmet.
(d) Eugene O'Neill.
3. What is Zdena's response?
(a) Their child belongs with her mother.
(b) She is broke herself and has no money.
(c) She gave him a recommendation already and he blew it.
(d) Never will she give them to her.
4. What is the tone of the play RHINOCEROS?
(a) Religious fervor.
(c) Intense sexuality.
(d) Mockery and playfulness.
5. What will Clementis later be considered?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A hero.
(c) A crackpot.
(d) A dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives while the mother-in-law is still there?
2. How do Marketa and Eva get along at first?
3. What do Market and Karel tell each other when they move out of his parents' home?
4. What happens when Mirek stops to have his car checked?
5. What does Michelle and Gabrielle's laughter elicit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the fur hat symbolic?
2. What is it that Marketa does not know about Eva and do you think Marketa would care at this point if she learned this?
3. Why does Kundera quit dancing and what does he imagine about the dancing? Of what do you think his imagining about the dancing is symbolic?
4. What is Zdena response to Mirek's request for his letters and do you think she is being fair to Mirek?
5. What does Marketa contemplate doing with Eva near the end of the chapter?
6. Why do you think Kundera agrees to write an astrology column?
7. Why do you think Marketa asks Eva to pretend she is Marketa's cousin?
8. How does Kundera's loss of his friends in the dancing circle affect him later?
9. Why does Mirek want his old love letters back from Zdena and do you think his goal is possible?
10. How does Marketa meet Eva and how does the relationship evolve to include Karel?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)