|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kundera have the urge to do?
(a) To kidnap his former boss.
(b) To rape his former boss.
(c) Escape to another country.
(d) To kill his former boss.
2. Who is discussing the play "Rhinoceros" ?
(a) Madame Raphael's political cell.
(b) Madame Raphael's support group.
(c) No one.
(d) Madame Raphael's class.
3. Why does Zdena urge Mirek to take this action?
(a) To find a home in a freer country.
(b) To save her social embarrassment.
(c) To save her political embarrassment.
(d) To save himself.
4. What does Marketa ask Eva to do?
(a) Pretend Eva is Marketa's cousin.
(b) Come another time.
(c) Talk to the director of the coop to stop the police searches.
(d) Stay at the hotel near them.
5. What does Mama remember when they are all together?
(a) Where she has met Eva before.
(b) That Eva once visited Mama's house with Karel.
(c) That Marketa had asked her to leave on Sunday.
(d) A poem she once recited.
6. What does Mirek say about Zdena's age?
(a) That she is much younger than he is.
(b) That they are the same age.
(c) That she has never told him her age.
(d) That she is older than he is.
7. What is revealed?
(a) The corruption of the current regime.
(b) The hypocricy of the dancers.
(c) The plan to invade a neighboring country.
(d) Kundera's secret position as an editor of the political magazine.
8. To whom does Marketa introduce Eva?
(a) Marketa's mother.
(c) Marketa's sister.
(d) Marketa's son.
9. Who arrives while the mother-in-law is still there?
(a) The group of political conspirators.
(c) The police.
(d) Marketa's son.
10. Where does Kundera remember a number of historical events happening?
(a) Bohemia and the Czech Republic.
(b) Bohemia and Ukraine.
(c) Russia and Bohemia.
(d) Czech Republic and Ukraine.
11. What will Clementis later be considered?
(a) A crackpot.
(b) A hero.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A dictator.
12. What do Eva, Marketa and Karel frequently do?
(a) Plan political rallies.
(b) Go skiing.
(c) Attend the theater together.
(d) Have sex together.
13. For whom does Kundera give a personal astrological reading?
(a) Kundera's boss.
(b) Khrushchev's wife.
(c) Brezhnev's wife.
(d) A powerful Communist leader, Breznev.
14. What are Eva, Karel and Marketa doing when Mama is in her room?
(a) Shooting darts.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Singing karaoke.
15. Why do students dance in a ring?
(a) It is a figure of speech; they don't actually dance.
(b) For flexibility and exercise.
(c) So no one is behind any one else for safety.
(d) To celebrate a variety of things.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Marketa dislike her mother-in-law?
2. Who does Kundera watch in the ring?
3. Why is Mirek driving to see Zdena?
4. Where does Kundera meet his former boss?
5. Who is waiting for Mirek when he arrives back home?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)