|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of the play RHINOCEROS?
(a) Mockery and playfulness.
(b) Intense sexuality.
(d) Religious fervor.
2. What are Eva, Karel and Marketa doing when Mama is in her room?
(b) Singing karaoke.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Shooting darts.
3. What happens when Mirek stops to have his car checked?
(a) The transmission is no good.
(b) His tire is flat and can't be replaced.
(c) The attendant is not happy about serving him.
(d) He learns he has a blown head gasket.
4. Why does Mama get embarrassed?
(a) The others think the poem is dumb.
(b) The others think the poem is incomprehensible.
(c) Because Marketa corrects her.
(d) Because Karel corrects her.
5. What is happening to Mirek's house when he arrives?
(a) The police are searching it.
(b) It is being remodeled.
(c) It is on fire.
(d) It is surrounded by the militia.
6. Who wrote RHINOCEROS?
(a) William Tennessee.
(b) Eugene Ionesco.
(c) Lillian Helmet.
(d) Eugene O'Neill.
7. What is revealed?
(a) The corruption of the current regime.
(b) The hypocricy of the dancers.
(c) Kundera's secret position as an editor of the political magazine.
(d) The plan to invade a neighboring country.
8. To whom does Marketa introduce Eva?
(b) Marketa's mother.
(c) Marketa's sister.
(d) Marketa's son.
9. What does Mama start to doubt?
(a) Her sanity.
(b) Herself and her memories.
(c) Karel's truthfulness.
(d) Marketa's good will.
10. Why is Mirek driving to see Zdena?
(a) To retrieve some old love letters.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To ask her to marry him.
(d) To give her a present.
11. Where does Kundera meet his former boss?
(a) In the underground tunnels near the square.
(b) At a secret apartment.
(c) At the fish market.
(d) At the wharf.
12. Where does Mirek arrive?
(a) At Zdena's apartment.
(b) At Zdena's country estate.
(c) At the border to the Ukraine.
(d) At his mother's apartment.
13. What is Zdena's response?
(a) Never will she give them to her.
(b) She gave him a recommendation already and he blew it.
(c) Their child belongs with her mother.
(d) She is broke herself and has no money.
14. What will happen to the record of Clementis' life?
(a) It will be distorted.
(b) It will be made into a movie.
(c) It will be expunged from history.
(d) It will be studied by every school child.
15. What does Marketa not know about Eva and Karel?
(a) That they plan to eventually marry.
(b) That Eva wants Karel to encourage Marketa to leave him for her.
(c) That they know each other before Marketa meets Eva.
(d) That they are both in love with a third woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is Mirek reveling?
2. Where does Eva meet Marketa?
3. What happens to Mirek when he and Zdena break up?
4. What might the person fired have lost?
5. Who addresses the Czech people?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)