1. What year is it when the book opens?
2. What is Klement Gottwald doing?
Stepping out on a balcony to make a speech.
3. Who addresses the Czech people?
4. Why does Clementis give Gottwald a fur cap?
His head is bare and it is very cold.
5. What will Clementis later be considered?
6. What will happen to the record of Clementis' life?
It will be expunged from history.
7. To what year does the story next flash forward?
8. Why is Mirek driving to see Zdena?
To retrieve some old love letters.
This section contains 5,080 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)