|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: The Border.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the student manipulate Kristyna into agreeing?
(a) To return that same day back to her home.
(b) To go to bed with him.
(c) To his going to the Writer's Club meeting.
(d) To getting her own motel room.
2. What might the person fired have lost?
(a) A prime office location.
(b) A burgeoning career.
(c) Good political connections.
(d) A means of making a living.
3. How does the narrator describe Tamina?
(a) As a lost soul whose shape is set in the past.
(b) As a empty soul with no life.
(c) As a empty husk.
(d) As on a raft looking back.
4. What do Kristyna and the student decide?
(a) To not see each other again because of her husband.
(b) To meet in the city on a particular weekend.
(c) To travel to Italy.
(d) To marry.
5. What does the student debate with others?
(a) The might of capitalism to overthrow communism.
(b) The political situation in Prague.
(c) The right of Russia to be in Hungary.
(d) Poetry and philosophical tenets.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where will Jan be soon moving?
2. Why does Marketa not feel threatened by Eva?
3. Why does Mirek initially become involved with Zdena?
4. In what status does Tamina leave Bohemia?
5. What happens to Tamina?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)