|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Litost.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kristyna?
(a) A friend of the author's.
(b) A nun who teachers Kundera.
(c) A 30-year-old woman who is married to a butcher.
(d) An elderly babushka.
2. What does litost mean?
(a) A toast to life.
(b) A state of torment created by the sudden sight of one's own misery.
(c) The least weight of all.
(d) A toast to misery.
3. Who does Kundera watch in the ring?
4. What does Tamina do shortly after losing her husband?
(a) Returns to Prague.
(b) Takes her children out of the country.
(c) Swallows a bottle of prescription pills and swims out into the sea.
(d) Goes to plead for his release.
5. What do Market and Karel tell each other when they move out of his parents' home?
(a) That his parents were so kind to let them stay there, they'd like to return the favor someday.
(b) That it was sad they had to move.
(c) They want to live as far away from his mother as possible.
(d) That it was a nightmare to live there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Voltaire invite the student?
2. What is Klement Gottwald doing?
3. What does the student debate with others?
4. What is Zdena's response?
5. Why is Kundera asked to leave the ring?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)