|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: The Angels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mirek say about Zdena's age?
(a) That she is much younger than he is.
(b) That she is older than he is.
(c) That they are the same age.
(d) That she has never told him her age.
2. What does Karel do on the phone?
(a) Talk to Eva's husband.
(b) Talk to his publisher.
(c) Call a nursing home for his mother.
(d) Arrange another sexual liaison.
3. Why does Clementis give Gottwald a fur cap?
(a) To conceal who he is.
(b) To make him look like Marketa.
(c) His head is bare and it is very cold.
(d) To make him look ridiculous.
4. Why do students dance in a ring?
(a) So no one is behind any one else for safety.
(b) To celebrate a variety of things.
(c) It is a figure of speech; they don't actually dance.
(d) For flexibility and exercise.
5. What does distance do for Marketa's attitude toward her mother-in-law?
(b) It makes her more determined to steer clear of her mother-in-law.
(c) It gives her the perspective to be able to forgive the mother-in-law.
(d) It softens Marketa's perspective on her mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the Parole de femme?
2. Who addresses the Czech people?
3. How does Mirek feel when he and Zdena break up their relationship?
4. For whom does Kundera give a personal astrological reading?
5. How does Kundera feel about the dancing?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)