|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Lost Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zdena urge Mirek to take this action?
(a) To save her political embarrassment.
(b) To find a home in a freer country.
(c) To save himself.
(d) To save her social embarrassment.
2. Why is Mirek driving to see Zdena?
(a) To give her a present.
(b) To ask her to marry him.
(c) To retrieve some old love letters.
(d) To kill her.
3. Why does Clementis give Gottwald a fur cap?
(a) His head is bare and it is very cold.
(b) To conceal who he is.
(c) To make him look ridiculous.
(d) To make him look like Marketa.
4. Why is Mirek ashamed of Zdena?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She has bad table manners.
(c) She is uneducated.
(d) She has a loud, grating voice.
5. Where does Kundera remember a number of historical events happening?
(a) Russia and Bohemia.
(b) Bohemia and Ukraine.
(c) Czech Republic and Ukraine.
(d) Bohemia and the Czech Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police find?
2. What is Mirek being followed?
3. Who is waiting for Mirek when he arrives back home?
4. What happens when Mirek stops to have his car checked?
5. With what does Mirek profess to be entranced as far as Zdena is concerned?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)