|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Mama.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who addresses the Czech people?
(d) Klement Gottwald.
2. Who arrives while the mother-in-law is still there?
(a) Marketa's son.
(c) The police.
(d) The group of political conspirators.
3. What does Marketa tell her mother-in-law?
(a) That she has to leave on Sunday morning.
(b) That she is not welcome to visit them.
(c) That Karel and she are divorcing.
(d) That she can stay in a motel near their apartment.
4. What does Marketa not know about Eva and Karel?
(a) That they know each other before Marketa meets Eva.
(b) That they plan to eventually marry.
(c) That Eva wants Karel to encourage Marketa to leave him for her.
(d) That they are both in love with a third woman.
5. Where does Mirek arrive?
(a) At his mother's apartment.
(b) At Zdena's apartment.
(c) At Zdena's country estate.
(d) At the border to the Ukraine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clementis give Gottwald a fur cap?
2. Why does Marketa begin to write her mother-in-law?
3. What happens to Mirek when he and Zdena break up?
4. When did Mama learn the poem?
5. With what does Mirek profess to be entranced as far as Zdena is concerned?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)