Lesson 1 (from Part 1, Prologue and Chapter 1)
Part 1, Prologue and Chapter 1
Objective: Eric Metaxas has written for a number of publications for adults and children, and television programs. This lesson focuses on understanding Metaxas' perspective and motivations through the technique SOAPSTone.
Individual Activity: SOAPSTone "Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy" by Eric Metaxas. Use the SOAPSTone technique to break down the piece:
1. What was the Subject of the Foreword and Prologue?
2. What was the Occasion for writing the Foreword and Prologue?
3. Who was the Audience Metaxas was trying to reach with the Foreword and Prologue?
4. What is the Purpose for writing the Foreword and Prologue?
5. Who was the Speaker in the Foreword and Prologue?
6. What is the Tone Metaxas uses in the Foreword and Prologue?
Partner/small group activity: Provide students with a copy of Metaxas' biography from an easily accessible online encyclopedia (or use the biography at the back of the book...
This section contains 8,013 words
(approx. 27 pages at 300 words per page)