|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Sherman find himself at the di Duccis event?
(a) A complete pariah
(b) A curiosity
(c) Much more popular
(d) Exactly the same as before
2. What prominent component of the McCoy case is Larry Kramer trying to purchase?
(a) Germain Boll's love nest
(b) Sherman's Mercedes
(c) The McCoy condo
(d) The tire fromt he ramp
3. What is the reason for Sherman's meeting with Lopwitz?
(a) His recent performance
(b) A possible promotion
(c) An upcoming government auction
(d) Changes to the Giscard deal
4. What gesture did Sherman make to Judy before going to work in his first days at Pierce and PIerce?
(a) A Black Power fist
(b) An Asian bow
(c) A Nixon double-V
(d) A military salute
5. Which of the following people is not in Abe Weiss' office at the beginning of Chapter 29?
(a) Detective Goldberg
(b) Bernie Fitzgibbon
(c) Milt Lubell
(d) Larry Kramer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mayor's public position on the McCoy case?
2. Who is the first person that Sherman admits his upcoming arrest to?
3. At what time are Detectives Martin and Goldberg picking up Sherman?
4. What does the mayor ask Bishop Bottomley to do in exchange for his influence over the Landmark Commission?
5. Where does Sherman talk to Tommy Killian?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sherman's opinion of his father change in Chapter 21 and why?
2. What information do Martin's two crack dealers offer regarding the McCoy case?
3. What does Edward Fiske accuse Reverend Bacon of in Chapter 25?
4. How does the information of Maria Ruskin's complicity in the hit-and-run eventually reach Peter Fallow?
5. Why does Judge Kovisky decide to bring Sherman to his chambers along with the attorneys?
6. How does Larry Kramer characterize Roland Auburn in Chapter 19?
7. What does Fallow see at the funeral?
8. As Kramer is interviewing Maria Ruskin, what does he realize he loves about his job?
9. What promise does Tommy Killian make to Sherman regarding his condo?
10. What simple domestic act does Sherman attempt the morning after his arrest, and what happens?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)