|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in their condo does Sherman tell Judy about his arrest?
(c) Dining Room
2. What does Kramer think is keeping Cecil Hayden from getting a position at a better law firm?
(a) His style of dress
(b) His intellect
(c) His temper
(d) His race
3. To what sum does Kramer attempt to raise Sherman's bail?
(a) 100,000 dollars
(b) 400,000 dollars
(c) 250,000 dollars
(d) No bail
4. Why does Maria lash out at Sherman at the end of their meeting?
(a) She discovers his wire
(b) He insists she is guilty
(c) She feels he no longer loves her
(d) He berates her for her affair with Chirazzi
5. What is Kovisky forced to do at the the end of Chapter 31?
(a) Clear the courtroom of all nonessential persons
(b) Speak to the press about his reasoning
(c) Resign his judicial post
(d) Flee the court through a back exit
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tommy Killian in Chapter 30 with news about the trial?
2. How much money does Sherman withdraw from his account the day before his arrest?
3. After Kramer informs Maria of her new involvement in the Henry Lamb case, what part of her body perceptively quivers?
4. Who brings the recording of Maria Ruskin's inadvertent confession to Tommy Killian?
5. Where does Fallow dine with Arthur Ruskin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What high-minded reasoning does Weiss give for his prosecution of Sherman McCoy in Chapter 23?
2. As Kramer is interviewing Maria Ruskin, what does he realize he loves about his job?
3. Why does Judge Kovisky decide to bring Sherman to his chambers along with the attorneys?
4. How does the information of Maria Ruskin's complicity in the hit-and-run eventually reach Peter Fallow?
5. Where does the incriminating recording of Maria come from?
6. What aspects of Sherman McCoy's life are disrupted by the Henry Lamb case?
7. How is Sherman's experience at the di Ducci event different from his experience at the Bavardages'?
8. What does the mayor decide regarding the McCoy case?
9. Why does Bernie disagree with Abe Weiss about the planned arrest of Sherman?
10. What does Sherman tell Judy about his relationship with Maria?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)