|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Sherman's father at the end of their conversation?
(a) That Sherman has hired an Irish lawyer
(b) That Sherman is getting arrested
(c) That Sherman has not told Judy
(d) That Sherman had an affair
2. Who brings the recording of Maria Ruskin's inadvertent confession to Tommy Killian?
(a) Bernie Fitzgibbon
(b) Peter Fallow
(d) Her landlord
3. What does Sherman tell his daughter to remember in the coming days?
(a) Everyone makes mistakes
(b) He is a good guy
(c) He is thinking of her
(d) He loves her
4. What is the mayor's public position on the McCoy case?
(a) He refuses to comment on an ongoing investigation
(b) He supports Annie Lamb and Reverend Bacon completely
(c) He doubts Roland Auburn's testimony
(d) He has not made a statement
5. On which famous avenue is the Ruskins' apartment?
(a) Fifth Avenue
(b) Park Avenue
(c) Madison Avenue
(d) Lexington Avenue
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is at the Ruskin funeral besides Sherman and Maria?
2. What is Kovisky forced to do at the the end of Chapter 31?
3. Why does Judy insist that she and Sherman attend the di Duccis social event?
4. What prominent component of the McCoy case is Larry Kramer trying to purchase?
5. What does Sherman McCoy do in the courtroom at the end of the Epilogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of Killian's promises are broken during his arrest?
2. What aspects of Sherman McCoy's life are disrupted by the Henry Lamb case?
3. Describe the scene at the Criminal Court at the end of Chapter 31.
4. Where does the incriminating recording of Maria come from?
5. How does Larry Kramer characterize Roland Auburn in Chapter 19?
6. How is Sherman's experience at the di Ducci event different from his experience at the Bavardages'?
7. What happens to the Lamb family at the end of the novel?
8. What happens to Sherman McCoy in the holding cell awaiting the calling of his case?
9. Why does Bernie disagree with Abe Weiss about the planned arrest of Sherman?
10. How does Roland Auburn's story differ from the actual event?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)