|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dictator of what country is dining at the restaurant at the same time as Fallow and Ruskin?
(c) The Ivory Coast
2. How many reporters have been assigned to corroborating Fallow's tip about Maria Ruskin?
3. What does the mayor ask Bishop Bottomley to do in exchange for his influence over the Landmark Commission?
(a) Make a speech at a mayoral event
(b) Issue a statement defaming Reverend Bacon
(c) Christen the Lieutenant Governor's first child
(d) Join a crime commission
4. Who regularly dines at the restaurant where Arthur Ruskin dies despite public statements against it?
(a) Sir Gerald Steiner
(b) Abe Weiss
(c) Reverend Bacon
(d) The Mayor
5. Where in their condo does Sherman tell Judy about his arrest?
(b) Dining Room
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week does Chapter 19 take place?
2. Who is the only person that calls Sherman with condolences who is not in his family?
3. Where does Sherman talk to Tommy Killian?
4. After Kramer informs Maria of her new involvement in the Henry Lamb case, what part of her body perceptively quivers?
5. Where is Sherman McCoy accosted by a group of reporters in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sherman tell Judy about his relationship with Maria?
2. How does Larry Kramer characterize Roland Auburn in Chapter 19?
3. What aspects of Sherman McCoy's life are disrupted by the Henry Lamb case?
4. What does Fallow see at the funeral?
5. Why does Judge Kovisky decide to bring Sherman to his chambers along with the attorneys?
6. What simple domestic act does Sherman attempt the morning after his arrest, and what happens?
7. What does the mayor decide regarding the McCoy case?
8. Which of Killian's promises are broken during his arrest?
9. What high-minded reasoning does Weiss give for his prosecution of Sherman McCoy in Chapter 23?
10. What information do Martin's two crack dealers offer regarding the McCoy case?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)