|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turned Sherman McCoy over to the lawyer, Freddy Button, originally?
(c) His father
(d) Maria Ruskin
2. What Edgar Allen Poe story does Lord Buffing reference at the party?
(a) Fall of the House of Usher
(c) Cask of Amontillado
(d) Masque of the Red Death
3. What is the condition of Henry Lamb at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He is dead
(b) He is in critical condition
(c) He is missing
(d) He is returning home
4. What is the name of the restaurant where Fallow meets Al Vogel?
(a) West End's
(b) Regent's Park
(c) King's Cross
(d) London Tower
5. Why is Fallow in pain when he arrived at the office?
(a) He has been mugged
(b) He has the flu
(c) He had his wisdom teeth removed
(d) He is hung over
Short Answer Questions
1. What prominent power-player is arriving at the soiree just ahead of the McCoys?
2. What do the white employees at Gibraltar do before sundown?
3. What is Sherman's demeanor when he arrives at Pierce and Pierce in Chapter 11?
4. With whom is Sherman on the phone when he sees the Henry Lamb coverage in the City Light?
5. In what New York neighborhood is Kramer in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tommy Killian explain the criminal justice system to Sherman in Chapter 17?
2. In Chapter 13, what are Sherman's thoughts about telling Judy the truth?
3. Describe the speech Lord Buffing makes.
4. After hearing Sherman's story, what is Freddy's concern?
5. How does Al Vogel suggest that Fallow present the Henry Lamb story?
6. Why is the Herbert 92X trial becoming overblown at the Bronx courthouse?
7. What do Detectives Martin and Goldberg discover at the parking garage by Sherman's building?
8. What does Sherman discover in the papers in Chapter 14?
9. How does Annie Lamb's situation make her cooperation with the police difficult?
10. Why does Sherman McCoy have to go to the toilet at his firm to read the newspaper?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)