|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie Lamb unwilling to assist in the police investigation regarding her comatose son?
(a) She does not trust the police
(b) She hates her son
(c) She does not speak English
(d) They have a warrant out for her arrest
2. What does Fiske insist be done with the Episcopal money?
(a) It be spent immediately
(b) It be returned in ful
(c) It be audited
(d) It be put into escrow
3. What does Kramer tell Lubel he needs for the Lamb case to move forward?
(a) Testimony from the comatose Henry
(b) A motive
(c) A witness
(d) Operating funds
4. What do the detectives' think regarding the case against Sherman McCoy?
(a) They have not made up their minds yet
(b) They do not have enough evidence to move forward
(c) They should apply for an arrest warrant
(d) Sherman did not commit the hit-and-run
5. What does Sherman McCoy do before going to work in Chapter 3?
(a) Calls Maria back
(b) Walks Campbell to the bus
(c) Takes his Mercedes to the mechanic
(d) Eats a large breakfast
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not present in the meeting at the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. What is Sherman's demeanor when he arrives at Pierce and Pierce in Chapter 11?
3. Of what does Freddy Button believe Sherman is guilty?
4. Who is holding the society party that Sherman and Judy are attending?
5. What is Shelly Thomas' actual ethnicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Reverend Bacon.
2. What does Sherman discover in the papers in Chapter 14?
3. How does Judy explain Sherman's work to Campbell?
4. Why does Sherman McCoy have to go to the toilet at his firm to read the newspaper?
5. How do the Brits at Leicester's generally pay their tabs?
6. How has Larry Kramer's career track been different from those of most of his classmates at Columbia?
7. What is Abe Weiss perpetually searching for and why?
8. What do Maria and Sherman ultimately decide to do regarding the Bronx car incident?
9. What transformation occurs in Fallow's outlook on life during this chapter?
10. What realities does Tommy Killian elucidate for Sherman?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)