|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who regularly dines at the restaurant where Arthur Ruskin dies despite public statements against it?
(a) Reverend Bacon
(b) Abe Weiss
(c) The Mayor
(d) Sir Gerald Steiner
2. What does the staff of the restaurant give Peter Fallow after Arthur Ruskin's body is removed?
(a) Ruskin's briefcase
(b) The bill
(c) The leftovers
(d) A refund
3. What ethnicity are the two lawyers that Maria Ruskin has hired?
4. Where does Abe Weiss want to arrest Sherman McCoy?
(a) His condo
(b) Pierce and Pierce
(c) Tommy Killian's office
(d) The Metropolitan Opera
5. What has Sherman McCoy resolved to do as he waits in Tommy Killian's waiting room?
(a) Skip town
(b) Kill Maria
(c) Fire Killian
(d) Plead guilty
6. Which of the following is not a charge that Sherman will be facing?
(a) Leaving the scene of an accident
(c) Reckless endangerment
(d) Failure to report an accident
7. In what state does Sherman find himself at the di Duccis event?
(a) A curiosity
(b) A complete pariah
(c) Much more popular
(d) Exactly the same as before
8. How much money does Tommy Killian require for a retainer?
(a) 75,000 dollars
(b) 150,000 dollars
(c) He will forego a retainer
(d) 30,000 dollars
9. What does Maria tell Sherman at the funeral to end their conversation?
(a) She will testify on his behalf
(b) He will have to take the fall for her
(c) She has no memory of the accident
(d) They will talk later
10. How does Sherman characterize Quigley's plan to get Maria to confess?
11. What does Sherman McCoy do in the courtroom at the end of the Epilogue?
(a) Flips the defense attorneys table
(b) Publicly apologizes to his wife
(c) Throws up a Black Power fist
(d) Laughs uncontrollably
12. In what periodical is Weiss looking at Sherman McCoy's picture during this meeting?
(a) The Wall Street Journal
(b) The City Light
(c) The Times Wedding Page
(d) Architectural Digest
13. What does Roland say about the picture of Sherman and Judy the Detectives show him?
(a) The driver does not look like Sherman
(b) They both look exactly like the drivers
(c) Sherman was not as well dressed that night
(d) Judy is not as attractive as the woman in the car
14. What does Bernie think that Kramer is doing to Roland?
(a) Breaking him down
(b) Dropping him
(c) Lighting him up
(d) Cashing him in
15. Which of the following actions is not something Kramer does to coach Roland Auburn for his testimony?
(a) Shows him how to walk
(b) Shows him how to sit while at the stand
(c) Provides him a new wardrobe
(d) Shows him how to address the judge
Short Answer Questions
1. In what periodical is the Epilogue to the novel supposed to be written?
2. Which of the following is not a call that Lopwitz takes during his meeting with Sherman?
3. On which famous avenue is the Ruskins' apartment?
4. Why does Sherman decide against telling Lopwitz about his infidelity?
5. Where is Sherman McCoy accosted by a group of reporters in Chapter 23?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)