|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What culturally insensitive term does the mayor's assistant use to describe a common event on his calendar?
(a) Yellow fever
(b) Plaques for blacks
(c) Black Irish coffee
(d) Yids and their kids
2. In the courtroom, with whom is Kovitsky constantly warring during Chapter 31?
(b) The press
(c) The spectators
3. How does Sherman characterize Quigley's plan to get Maria to confess?
4. Who is suing Sherman McCoy's real estate agent at the end of the novel?
(a) Reverend Bacon
(b) Judy McCoy
(c) Pollard Browning
(d) Al Vogel
5. Which of the following is not a call that Lopwitz takes during his meeting with Sherman?
(a) Bernard Levy
(b) Tommy Killian
(c) His interior designer
(d) A celebrity friend
6. What is Sherman McCoy's status at Pierce and Pierce as of Chapter 25?
(a) He has been summarily fired
(b) He is on an unpaid leave
(c) He has accepted a company buy-out
(d) He is using his personal days
7. Why does Sherman decide against telling Lopwitz about his infidelity?
(a) Lopwitz is related to Arthur Ruskin
(b) Lopwitz probably already knows
(c) Lopwitz is a famous gossip
(d) Lopwitz is a staunch puritan
8. Who is in front of Sherman in line for processing at the Criminal Court Building?
(a) A heroin junky
(b) Several Dominican gang-bangers
(c) Roland Auburn
(d) A group of prostitutes
9. Which of these adjectives does Roland Auburn use to describe Maria in the City Light coverage in Chapter 23?
10. What is the outcome of the legal firestorm for Abe Weiss?
(a) He was re-elected
(b) He has formed an exploratory committee for a Senate seat
(c) He is out of a job
(d) He has been elected Mayor
11. Which two characters are meeting at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) Kramer and Killian
(b) Weiss and Bernie
(c) Kramer and Weiss
(d) Bernie and Killian
12. What does the staff of the restaurant give Peter Fallow after Arthur Ruskin's body is removed?
(a) The leftovers
(b) The bill
(c) A refund
(d) Ruskin's briefcase
13. That is the topic of Arthur Ruskin's story in Chapter 144?
(a) A prolonged taxi ride
(b) A corporate merger
(c) An Italian prostitute
(d) A plane landing
14. Which of the following is not a charge that Sherman will be facing?
(a) Failure to report an accident
(c) Reckless endangerment
(d) Leaving the scene of an accident
15. What important piece of information does Kovitsky neglect to mention in his dismissal of the McCoy indictment?
(a) The DAs leave to represent the case in the future
(b) His apologies to Sherman McCoy for his trouble
(c) Permission for Sherman McCoy to leave
(d) The existence of the exonerating recording
Short Answer Questions
1. Who challenges Weiss about the manner of Sherman's arrest?
2. Who brings the recording of Maria Ruskin's inadvertent confession to Tommy Killian?
3. What does Roland say about the picture of Sherman and Judy the Detectives show him?
4. What does Sherman McCoy do in the courtroom at the end of the Epilogue?
5. What is all over the backseat of Detective Martin's car?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)