|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abe Weiss forget about Henry Lamb?
(a) That he is in a coma
(b) That he is not a drug dealer
(c) That his father is dead
(d) That he is black
2. Why is Fallow in pain when he arrived at the office?
(a) He is hung over
(b) He has the flu
(c) He had his wisdom teeth removed
(d) He has been mugged
3. How much of Oscar Suder's money does Sherman McCoy lose in Chapter 7?
(a) 45,000 dollars
(b) 60,000 dollars
(c) 400,000 dollars
(d) 150,000 dollars
4. What private nickname has Peter Fallow given Sir Gerald Steiner?
(a) The Dead Mouse
(b) The Early Bird
(c) The Little Spider
(d) The Black Cat
5. What does the Mayor consider his "wrong" choice?
(a) Yelling at the crowd
(b) Holding the town hall
(c) Running for office
(d) Leaving the podium
6. What does Sherman McCoy do before going to work in Chapter 3?
(a) Eats a large breakfast
(b) Walks Campbell to the bus
(c) Calls Maria back
(d) Takes his Mercedes to the mechanic
7. What Edgar Allen Poe story does Lord Buffing reference at the party?
(a) Fall of the House of Usher
(c) Masque of the Red Death
(d) Cask of Amontillado
8. What newspaper does Sherman McCoy read in the bathroom stall of Pierce and Pierce?
(a) The New York TImes
(b) The New York Post
(c) The Daily News
(d) The City Light
9. To which literary character do the assistant DA's in the Bronx Courthouse compare Abe Weiss?
(b) Captain Ahab
(c) Oedipus Rex
(d) Jay Gatsby
10. At which airport does Maria Ruskin land?
11. According to Al Vogel in Chapter 11 how many Mercedes is the NYPD now looking at?
12. What does Campbell's friend's father make for a living?
(d) Mutual funds
13. To what elemental force does Reverend Bacon compare the nascent minority anger in Harlem?
14. Next to whom is Sherman seated during dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Lord Buffing
(b) Maria Ruskin
(c) Inez Bavardage
(d) Baron Hochswald
15. What prominent power-player is arriving at the soiree just ahead of the McCoys?
(a) Aurthur Ruskin
(b) The Mayor
(c) Baron Hochswald
Short Answer Questions
1. From what event in London is Lopwitz calling in during the conference call in Chapter 3?
2. At the end of Chapter 9, what term does Fallow elicit from Henry Lamb's teacher to describe the boy?
3. In what New York neighborhood is Kramer in Chapter 10?
4. Which of the following is not a letter that Henry Lamb says could be a the second letter of the Mercedes' license plate?
5. Where does Larry Kramer regularly see his beloved Girl with Brown Lipstick?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)