|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what event in London is Lopwitz calling in during the conference call in Chapter 3?
(a) High tea
(b) A bomb evacuation
(c) A speech by Thatcher
(d) A cricket match
2. Which stock increases value in Chapter 6, earning Sherman's Cleveland client a good return?
(a) United Fragrance
(b) General Motors
(c) Allied Fruit
3. What do the detectives' think regarding the case against Sherman McCoy?
(a) Sherman did not commit the hit-and-run
(b) They should apply for an arrest warrant
(c) They have not made up their minds yet
(d) They do not have enough evidence to move forward
4. In Chapter 4, what title does Maria assign to Sherman that annoys him?
5. Why does Larry Kramer wait in his bedroom before going out into the main room?
(a) He is thinking about feigning sickness
(b) He is waitng for the nurse to leave
(c) He has a visible erection
(d) He is deciding what to have for breakfast
6. Who do the Brits at Leicester's con into footing the bill for their drinks?
(c) Reverend Bacon
7. What does Sherman promise Tommy Killian he will do?
(a) Talk to Maria
(b) Move the Mercedes out of the City
(c) Stop reading the papers
(d) Not go to the police
8. At the Beach Club, what subject does Sherman's father discuss with Judy?
(d) Jacobian Drama
9. Who does Sherman try to call after Martin and Goldberg leave his condo?
(a) Tommy Killian
(b) Freddy Button
(c) His father
(d) Maria Ruskin
10. What are the ethnicities of the detectives assigned to the Henry Lamb case?
(a) Italian and Dominican
(b) Irish and Jewish
(c) Dominican and Hispanic
(d) Hispanic and Irish
11. What does Kramer see as he approaches the Bronx in Chapter 13?
(a) An unloading of defendants
(b) Shelly Thomas with another ADA
(c) A car accident
(d) A demonstration
12. In what New York neighborhood is Kramer in Chapter 10?
(b) Financial Disctrict
(c) Murray Hill
13. What does Sherman want to do when he meets with Tommy Killian?
(a) Phone in information about Maria to the police
(b) Go to the police
(c) Destroy the Mercedes
(d) Leave town
14. In what borough of New York does Larry Kramer work as an assistant DA?
(b) Staten Island
15. Which of the following is not a letter that Henry Lamb says could be a the second letter of the Mercedes' license plate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sherman call in the morning in Chapter 14?
2. What happens at the social event in Chapter 14 that particularly annoys Sherman?
3. What other group of activists show solidarity with Reverend Bacon?
4. What does Sherman McCoy do before going to work in Chapter 3?
5. Who interrupts Kramer as he prepares to go on a date with Shelly Thomas?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)