Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Prologue | Chapter 1 Abstract
* The mayor is nearly attacked at a town hall in Harlem.
* Sherman sneaks off on a rainy night to meet Maria
* Sherman accidentally calls Judy, tipping her off to his liaison.
Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 Abstract
* Larry Kramer is mocked by a van of prisoners outside Court.
* Judge Kovitsky berates the prisoners
* Sherman builds his...
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)