Prologue | Chapter 1
* The mayor is nearly attacked at a town hall in Harlem.
* Sherman sneaks off on a rainy night to meet Maria
* Sherman accidentally calls Judy, tipping her off to his liaison.
Chapter 2 | Chapter 3
* Larry Kramer is mocked by a van of prisoners outside Court.
* Judge Kovitsky berates the prisoners
* Sherman builds his resolve during a successful day of work.
Chapter 4 | Chapter 5
* Sherman and Maria hit a black youth in the Bronx with his car.
* Maria convinces Sherman not to report the hit-and-run.
* Kramer boldly prosecutes a meaningless case to impress the Girl with Brown Lipstick
* Kramer examines the struck youth in the Bronx at the request of Abe Weiss.
* Sherman covertly searches the papers for new of a hit-and-run.
* Fiske tries to recover the Episcopal Church's money from Reverend Bacon
* Reverend Bacon takes a call from Henry Lamb's mother.
* Peter Fallow wakes up hung...
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)