Prologue | Chapter 1
• The mayor is nearly attacked at a town hall in Harlem.
• Sherman sneaks off on a rainy night to meet Maria
• Sherman accidentally calls Judy, tipping her off to his liaison.
Chapter 2 | Chapter 3
• Larry Kramer is mocked by a van of prisoners outside Court.
• Judge Kovitsky berates the prisoners
• Sherman builds his resolve during a successful day of work.
Chapter 4 | Chapter 5
• Sherman and Maria hit a black youth in the Bronx with his car.
• Maria convinces Sherman not to report the hit-and-run.
• Kramer boldly prosecutes a meaningless case to impress the Girl with Brown Lipstick
• Kramer examines the struck youth in the Bronx at the request of Abe Weiss.
• Sherman covertly searches the papers for new of a hit-and-run.
• Fiske tries to recover the Episcopal Church's money from Reverend Bacon
• Reverend Bacon takes a call from Henry Lamb's mother.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)