|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ten-year-old ___________ does the most in order to get Leon to come back home to be a family.
2. Who comes to the house, bringing comfort food and giving advice to the grieving family members?
(c) Sewing ladies
(d) Church ladies
3. Why are Leon's earnings increased, which Mah actually criticizes later in the night?
(a) He got a raise
(c) Under the table deals
(d) They aren't
4. Leila talks about specializing in ________________ for her job, which she is already good at doing.
(b) Food delivery
(d) Home visitations
5. Who does Leon plan to look up when he is in Australia during his trip on the seas?
(a) Lyman Fu
(b) Johnny Bruce
(c) Jenny Chu
(d) His ex-wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests a simple gathering after the cremation of Ona in order to mourn her death?
2. Where does Leila go in order to watch kites, sailboats, and Alcatraz?
3. Mah wants to put Ona's ________________ on Confucius' altar to commemorate her.
4. Tommie was a nervous wreck as he watched the sewing ladies on long ___________ breaks.
5. What is a fourth grader doing during the day of Ona's death which reminds Lelia of Ona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sewing ladies do for Mah and the rest of the family after the death of Ona?
2. What is the only thing Nina asks Leila to do in order to handle Mah's trip to Hong Kong?
3. Why did Leila have to translate between Leon and a Woolworth's manager when Ona was eight or nine?
4. What does ten-year-old Ona do in order to get Leon to come back home after hearing about the affair?
5. What does Mah want to do in order to prepare herself for the homecoming of Leon?
6. When Mason and Leila come to fetch Leon, what do they find he has done in his apartment?
7. Ona decides to jump from the 13th floor of the building, which confuses Leila. What is the meaning of the number 13?
8. What does Mah say about the affair she had and whether she wants to get back together with Leon?
9. Why do the women at the factory work night and day, pushing themselves to sew?
10. What is the argument between Leon and Mah regarding the ashes of Ona after her death?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)