|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Leon taken apart in order to fix it and to give it back to Mah as a present?
(c) Singer sewing machine
2. What is Leila preparing for when she spreads out pieces of a bulletin board in the living room?
(a) New school year
(b) Open house
(c) Science Fair
3. Where does Leila go in order to watch kites, sailboats, and Alcatraz?
(d) Pacific Grove
4. What does Mason assign Nina to do in order to prevent a fight between the two sisters from getting too heated?
(a) Go back home
(c) Buy flowers
(d) Pick up Ona's ashes
5. Leon wants to blame someone for the suicide of Ona, so he blames _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nina complains that ____________ is not doing her share of the work at the laundry business.
2. Mason suggests Leila tell Mah she will move into his new place in the _____________.
3. Leon has told Leila how he is ___________ away his life and losing his dream.
4. The sewing women do not __________ while they are making the new design as they are competing with one another.
5. Leila and Mason are too wasted to go ______________ on Sunday, so they sleep late and head down to brunch on the coast.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the sewing ladies do for Mah and the rest of the family after the death of Ona?
2. What are the Confucian virtues, according to the start of this chapter?
3. Why does Mah believe that Lyman will make good on his promise and send for her?
4. Why did Leila have to translate between Leon and a Woolworth's manager when Ona was eight or nine?
5. Why don't the sewing women play music when they are working in the sweatshop together?
6. Why does Leon want to tell everyone about the death of Ona in Chinatown?
7. Things have changed after the affair. What are Leon and Mah like after the affair with Tommie Hom?
8. What does ten-year-old Ona do in order to get Leon to come back home after hearing about the affair?
9. Ona decides to jump from the 13th floor of the building, which confuses Leila. What is the meaning of the number 13?
10. What is the advice that Soon-ping, a sewing lady, gives to Mah after the death of Ona?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)