|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ does not offer to come to the home in Chinatown immediately when called.
2. What brings Leon home tanned, relaxed, and bearing gifts for the family?
(a) Yellow taxi
3. Who comes to the house, bringing comfort food and giving advice to the grieving family members?
(a) Sewing ladies
(d) Church ladies
4. Leon has told Leila how he is ___________ away his life and losing his dream.
5. Mason tells Leila to let ___________ go, but Leila is afraid he will stir up trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mah do after Leila tells her the news about the suicide of Ona?
2. Mah believes that _______________ have changed her body and suggests she and Leon go into business together.
3. Leila is removing _____________ when Leon arrives home from his trip on the seas.
4. Mah admits her ___________ and says that she wants to be a family again with Leon.
5. Since Nina is home, Leila is living ________________ though she plans to stay at Salmon Alley.
Short Essay Questions
1. What have the women done by the time the S.S. Independent docks at the shore?
2. Why does Leon want to tell everyone about the death of Ona in Chinatown?
3. What does Mah do when Nina decides to bring the urn with Ona's ashes to Baby Clothes?
4. To what does Leila compare the feeling of time rushing forward and then snapping still?
5. What does ten-year-old Ona do in order to get Leon to come back home after hearing about the affair?
6. What does a teacher's aide tell Leila about Leon after he walks out on Mah during a discussion about Ona's ashes?
7. Leila wonders why Mason does not introduce her to his family. What is the reason?
8. What does Mah want to do in order to prepare herself for the homecoming of Leon?
9. Who does Leon blame for the death of Ona and for his overall discontent with life in this chapter?
10. What is the only thing Nina asks Leila to do in order to handle Mah's trip to Hong Kong?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)