|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fone say he would have done to the rat creatures if he was a dragon in Chapter two?
2. What does Thorn say she has done when she wakes Fone up in the beginning of Chapter three?
3. What does Fone begin to do when the children play dead in his house?
4. Where does Miz 'Possum say she is going?
5. What happens to Fone just as he says that he needs to get out of the woods because they are too weird for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Smiley say when Phoney says that he is the most loved Bone in Boneville?
2. Compare the behavior between the Bones in chapter one when they are first introduced.
3. What do the two creatures discuss when they find Fone sleeping in chapter one?
4. What does Fone do to get the children away from the rat creatures?
5. What does Smiley find in chapter one?
6. What is Phoney doing when he is first shown in chapter three?
7. Describe the conversation that Fone and the Great Red Dragon have in chapter two.
8. What happens when Phoney finds the dragon?
9. What do Fone and Thorn discuss about the dragon in chapter three?
10. What is Fone talking about while trying to get out of the gorge in chapter one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Describe the two rat creatures' personalities that follow Fone around.
2) Does it seem that these two are the norm for the rat creatures?
3) What does it imply to the reader to watch these two creatures interact throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
1) Why are Thorn and Fone drawn so differently?
2) Compare Thorn and Fone in both appearance and personality.
3) How do the other characters in the story compare with Thorn and Fone in reference to the way that they are drawn?
Essay Topic 3
1) Explain the relationship that Thorn and Fone have. What is the significance of this relationship?
2) Is there any indication that Thorn might feel as strongly about Fone as he feels about her?
3) How do you believe their relationship will end?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)