|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thorn say she is taking Fone?
2. What does Fone ask the rat creatures in chapter two when they growl at him?
3. In chapter three what does Phoney say Fone is probably doing at that moment?
4. What does the creature ask Fone to do in chapter one?
5. What does Thorn say she has done when she wakes Fone up in the beginning of Chapter three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Fone and the Great Red Dragon have in chapter two.
2. What does Fone do when he gets out of the gorge?
3. What do Fone and Thorn discuss about the dragon in chapter three?
4. Describe the scene in chapter three where Thorn and Fone go through Fone's knapsack.
5. Describe how the chase scene begins in chapter two between Fone and the rat creatures.
6. Describe the scene in chapter three when Thorn wakes Fone up.
7. What does Fone do to get the children away from the rat creatures?
8. What do the two creatures discuss when they find Fone sleeping in chapter one?
9. What happens when Fone enters the valley in chapter one?
10. Compare the behavior between the Bones in chapter one when they are first introduced.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare the personality of Gran'ma to that of the dragon. In what ways do they appear to be the same? In what ways do they seem to be different?
2) What is meant by the dragon's response to Fone "Never play an ace when a two will do" in Chapter two?
3) Why does Gran'ma always seem to have a smile on her face and her eyes closed? Would you have drawn her differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe what you know of the hooded figure.
2) Why is the hooded one's identity kept hidden?
3) What role do you believe that the hooded one plays in the other books in the series?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe Thorn's dream. What do you think the dream stems from?
2) If Fone were to have a dream speculate on what it would be about.
3) If this story were one of the characters having a dream which character would it be and why?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)