|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the slogan for Phoney's campaign?
(a) You could never do any better than me!
(b) Phoney Bologna for the rest of your lives.
(c) An' I've got th' money to do it, too!
(d) You'll never catch me in a lie!
2. What does Thorn do to make her and Fone run faster?
(a) Runs down a hill.
(b) Ties her hair back.
(c) Carries Fone.
(d) Takes off her shoes.
3. fWhy do the two rat creatures explain that they have not captured Fone Bone?
(a) They have not been able to find him.
(b) He is too smart for them.
(c) Because of the Great Red Dragon.
(d) He is with a dangerous old woman.
4. What had been Phoney's first idea that is mentioned in Chapter four while Fone and Phoney are arguing?
(a) Combining a petting zoo with a slaughter house.
(b) Combining a day care and mining operation.
(c) Combining a lipoction operation with a soap factory.
(d) Walking and chewing bubble gum at the same time.
5. What does Gran'ma say she is missing in Chapter four?
(a) Her bloomers.
(b) Her running shoes.
(c) A wooden bucket.
(d) Her good dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fone get on to Phoney for in the beginning of Chapter four?
2. What does Phoney order when he steps into Barrelhaven?
3. What does the Hooded One hope that the death of Fone Bone will cause?
4. What is Phoney griping about in Chapter four while walking to town?
5. What does Gran'ma first say when Thorn arrives back at the farm in Chapter six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucius tell Gran'ma and the others when they arrive at Barrelhaven?
2. In chapter four what happens when Fone and Thorn get to the water?
3. What happens when the bartender comes over to demand payment from Phoney?
4. What does Phoney do in chapter four after promising Fone that he would behave until they leave for town?
5. In chapter four what does Thorn tell Phoney about the spring fair while they are on the way to the stream?
6. What happens when the dragon and Gran'ma come face to face in chapter six?
7. Describe the events that got Phoney kicked out of town.
8. What happens when Phoney arrives at Barrelhaven?
9. In chapter four who does Phoney first meet on the way to town?
10. What does Fone say to Phoney in chapter four that makes Phoney suddenly excited about going into town with Gran'ma and Thorn?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)