|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoney order when he steps into Barrelhaven?
(a) A room and a hot meal.
2. What does Thorn say when Fone tells her that Gran'a appreciates fine literature?
(a) She just laughs.
(b) She tells Fone that she likes literature too.
(c) She tells Gran'ma to wake up.
(d) She says that Gran'ma doesn't know how to read.
3. What did Phoney promise people if they showed up at his campaign event?
(a) Dances and fun for all.
(b) Free food.
4. What does Smiley say when Phoney asks why Smiley kept giving him beer knowing Phoney couldn't pay for them?
(a) Phoney looked thirsty.
(b) Phoney didn't ask.
(c) Smiley realizes he missed some dirty glasses.
(d) Smiley isn't responsible for Phoney.
5. What does Gran'ma ask Thorn to do while Gran'ma and Fone hitch up the wagon in Chapter six?
(a) Go make a pie.
(b) Get some clean clothes together.
(c) Put out the fire on the roof.
(d) Look for anything useful the rat creatures didn't destroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Phoney have made and then tied it to a statue during his campaign event?
2. What does Thorn NOT say can be found at the festival booths?
3. What does Fone say about the spring fair in Chapter four?
4. Who is with the dragon when he shows up to help Fone and Thorn in Chapter five?
5. When Thorn is gone what is the first thing that Gran'ma asks Fone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gran'ma say they are going to do in chapter six after the dragon has gone?
2. What happens in chapter five when Fone begins smelling brimstone?
3. Describe the scene in chapter six when Thorn first arrives back home.
4. Describe the events that got Phoney kicked out of town.
5. What does Phoney do in chapter four after promising Fone that he would behave until they leave for town?
6. What does Gran'ma explain is happening to her in chapter four when she and Fone are talking about her missing bloomers?
7. What does Gran'ma ask Fone after Thorn has left to go put out the fire on the roof?
8. What do Smiley and Phoney plan out in chapter six?
9. What does Lucius tell Gran'ma and the others when they arrive at Barrelhaven?
10. What does Fone say to Phoney in chapter four that makes Phoney suddenly excited about going into town with Gran'ma and Thorn?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)