|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Fone while he and Thorn are running in Chapter five that slows them down?
(a) He falls into a hole.
(b) He falls into a pond.
(c) He gets tangled in some brush.
(d) He hits his face on a branch.
2. What does Jonathan Oaks tell Gran'ma is the reason he is standing there in Chapter six?
(a) Lucius had them block the roads.
(b) He is going on a picnic and is waiting on someone.
(c) He is trying to move the tree.
(d) He is waiting on his father to come.
3. What does the dragon tell Thorn in chapter six when Thorn first begins to run to the house?
(a) To wait to make sure it is safe.
(b) They need to have a plan.
(c) He can smell rat creatures.
(d) They are too late to help.
4. What does Thorn use to hit the rat creature in Chapter five?
(a) A stick.
(b) Fone's head.
(c) A rock.
(d) Her backpack.
5. What does the bartender say that Phoney is going to do in Chapter five to pay for the beers?
(a) Work in the kitchen.
(b) Cut firewood.
(c) Sweep, mop, and clean the place.
(d) Muck out the stables.
6. What does the Hooded One order in the end of Chapter four?
(a) To look for the signs of the battle to come.
(b) To kill the dragon.
(c) The destruction of the farm.
(d) To attack the town.
7. What does Gran'ma say when Thorn asks Gran'ma if she is all right?
(a) That she isn't sure just yet.
(b) That she is doing better than the rat creatures.
(c) That she knows now she isn't as young as she used to be.
(d) That she wasn't really in any danger.
8. What does Phoney say in Chapter five when Smiley asks if they can have another round on Phoney?
(a) Phoney says they can put it on Gran'ma's tab.
(b) Phoney says Smiley can pay for his own.
(c) Phoney feels his luck is about to change.
(d) Phoney declines saying he has to get to work.
9. Why does Phoney say that Fone won't hear a peep out of him in Chapter four?
(a) Because Phoney is leaving.
(b) Because Phoney is busy planning.
(c) Because Phoney knows how to be sneaky.
(d) Because Phoney is going to sleep.
10. What had been Phoney's first idea that is mentioned in Chapter four while Fone and Phoney are arguing?
(a) Combining a lipoction operation with a soap factory.
(b) Walking and chewing bubble gum at the same time.
(c) Combining a day care and mining operation.
(d) Combining a petting zoo with a slaughter house.
11. What does Thorn NOT say can be found at the festival booths?
(a) Peacock feathers.
(b) Magic charms.
(c) Silk robes.
12. What did Phoney decide to do as a social event for his big campaign?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A ball game.
(c) A ball.
(d) A parade.
13. What does the bartender do with the money that Phoney gives him?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Sticks it in his pocket.
(c) Tears it up.
(d) Eats it.
14. What does Smiley explain about the monetary system in barrelhaven?
(a) It is based loosely on whatever they want at the moment.
(b) They have their own currency they use.
(c) It is based on rare gems.
(d) It is a barter system.
15. What does Phoney order when he steps into Barrelhaven?
(a) A room and a hot meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gran'ma tell Thorn after the dragon has left?
2. How many Rat Creatures does Gran'ma say are outside the house when Thorn asks in Chapter five?
3. What does Thorn say she is going to buy while at the fair in Chapter four?
4. What does Thorn find when she returns to her Gran'ma's home in the end of Chapter five?
5. What does Phoney suddenly notice that is odd while he is walking through the woods in Chapter four?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)