|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoney promise to bring the possum children after they tell him how far it is to town?
(a) A bar of soap.
(b) Some lettuce.
(c) A nickle.
(d) A carrot.
2. What does the hooded one tell Phoney in Chapter six about Fone?
(a) Fone awakened the dragon and so will be killed.
(b) Fone is going to betray Phoney.
(c) Fone will become the hooded one's servant.
(d) Fone will never make it back to Boneville.
3. What does Smiley tell Phoney in Chapter five about money?
(a) No one in Barrelhaven has ever seen it before.
(b) The outlawed dollar bills.
(c) The currency isn't so good in Barrelhaven.
(d) They stopped using money years ago.
4. What did Phoney have made and then tied it to a statue during his campaign event?
(a) A large kite in the shape of himself.
(b) A banner with his slogan.
(c) A hot air baloon.
(d) A fifty foot baloon of himself.
5. What does Thorn find when she returns to her Gran'ma's home in the end of Chapter five?
(a) Everything looks just as it should.
(b) There are rat creature bodies everywhere.
(c) The home is on fire.
(d) Gran'ma is dead.
6. In chapter four what does Fone say was one of the things that Phoney had done wrong while they were in Boneville?
(a) Put in to have the town renamed after himself.
(b) Do a prisoner work release in the old folks home.
(c) Tried to set himself up as the king.
(d) Build an orphanage on a hazardous waste landfill.
7. What does Phoney say Fone doesn't understand while they are talking in Chapter four?
(a) Having a destiny.
(b) Being hated.
(c) Being broke.
(d) Being special.
8. What does Phoney call phase two of his plan in Chapter six?
(a) Hit 'em while their down!
(b) The sudden illness!
(c) The mysterious cow!
(d) No proof, no jail time!
9. What does the bartender say that Phoney is going to do in Chapter five to pay for the beers?
(a) Sweep, mop, and clean the place.
(b) Cut firewood.
(c) Work in the kitchen.
(d) Muck out the stables.
10. fWhy do the two rat creatures explain that they have not captured Fone Bone?
(a) Because of the Great Red Dragon.
(b) They have not been able to find him.
(c) He is with a dangerous old woman.
(d) He is too smart for them.
11. What does Gran'ma tell Fone to do since she cannot shake the Gitchy Feeling in Chapter four?
(a) Sleep in the house.
(b) Get the horses ready.
(c) Take first watch outside.
(d) Find a weapon.
12. In chapter four what does Fone do once they reach the river?
(a) Falls in the water.
(b) Eats the soap.
(c) Looses the potatoes in the water.
13. What does the dragon tell Thorn in chapter six when Thorn first begins to run to the house?
(a) They are too late to help.
(b) He can smell rat creatures.
(c) They need to have a plan.
(d) To wait to make sure it is safe.
14. What does Phoney say in Chapter five when Smiley asks if they can have another round on Phoney?
(a) Phoney declines saying he has to get to work.
(b) Phoney says Smiley can pay for his own.
(c) Phoney feels his luck is about to change.
(d) Phoney says they can put it on Gran'ma's tab.
15. What does the dragon tell Gran'ma when they first encounter each other in Chapter six?
(a) Don't I know you?
(b) How have you been.
(c) It's been a while.
(d) I missed you.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gran'ma first say when Thorn arrives back at the farm in Chapter six?
2. What is Phoney griping about in Chapter four while walking to town?
3. What office does Fone tell Gran'ma that Phoney had run for in Boneville?
4. In chapter four what does Fone say Thorn said about the races?
5. What does Smiley say he is telling everyone in the bar?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)