|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smiley explain about the monetary system in barrelhaven?
(a) It is based loosely on whatever they want at the moment.
(b) It is based on rare gems.
(c) It is a barter system.
(d) They have their own currency they use.
2. What does Thorn NOT say can be found at the festival booths?
(b) Magic charms.
(c) Silk robes.
(d) Peacock feathers.
3. What does Thorn do to make her and Fone run faster?
(a) Runs down a hill.
(b) Takes off her shoes.
(c) Ties her hair back.
(d) Carries Fone.
4. What does Gran'ma tell Thorn in Chapter five when Thorn asks where the rat creatures are as she first enters the room?
(a) The are just to the north.
(b) Just beyond the barn.
(c) They've surrounded the house.
(d) She can't tell just yet.
5. What does Phoney tell the possum children when he runs into them in Chapter four?
(a) Get a life.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Get lost.
(d) What the heck are you?
6. fWhy do the two rat creatures explain that they have not captured Fone Bone?
(a) He is with a dangerous old woman.
(b) He is too smart for them.
(c) They have not been able to find him.
(d) Because of the Great Red Dragon.
7. What is Phoney griping about in Chapter four while walking to town?
(a) The lack of decent scenery.
(b) He has lost the trail.
(c) He didn't bring any food.
(d) That there isn't a decent bathroom around.
8. Why does Gran'ma say for them not to worry about her in Chapter five?
(a) She fought the rats back in the big war.
(b) She used to have a pet rat.
(c) Her father taught her how to handle rats.
(d) She has a secret weapon.
9. What does Thorn tell Fone when he asks her why they are stopping in Chapter five?
(a) She knows a short cut.
(b) She knows of a cave.
(c) There is a neighboring farm they are going to head for.
(d) She wants to go back for Gran'ma.
10. What does Phoney promise to bring the possum children after they tell him how far it is to town?
(a) Some lettuce.
(b) A carrot.
(c) A bar of soap.
(d) A nickle.
11. What does Kingdok say has been seen in the two rat creatures area?
(a) A dragon.
(b) The princess.
(c) A carpet bagger.
(d) The creature with the star on his chest.
12. What does Phoney say is disgusting in Chapter four?
(a) To know where eggs come from.
(b) That he is going to be a farm hand for the rest of his life.
(c) That he has to do the milking.
(d) That he is expected to work.
13. What do the rat creatures offer to do when Kingdok arrives in Chapter four?
(a) Lick his fur.
(b) Kiss his feet.
(c) Interpretive dance to show their devotion.
(d) Kill him some fresh meat.
14. How does Lucius describe the two he has in his bar taking care of the place?
(a) Worthless rats.
(b) Young men.
(c) Dead beats.
15. In chapter four what does Fone say was one of the things that Phoney had done wrong while they were in Boneville?
(a) Tried to set himself up as the king.
(b) Put in to have the town renamed after himself.
(c) Build an orphanage on a hazardous waste landfill.
(d) Do a prisoner work release in the old folks home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unfinished business does the hooded one tell Phoney that they have?
2. What does Fone say he promised to help Thorn do in Chapter four?
3. What is Fone telling Gran'ma about as they enter Barrelhaven?
4. What does Gran'ma say when Thorn asks Gran'ma if she is all right?
5. What does Gran'ma ask Thorn to do while Gran'ma and Fone hitch up the wagon in Chapter six?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)