|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gran'ma explain a Gitchy Feeling is in Chapter four?
(a) A powerful omen of bad things to come.
(b) A sinking feeling in your belly.
(c) A feeling of something that you have experienced before.
(d) Nothing a strong drink doesn't fix.
2. What does Phoney tell Smiley they need to find in Chapter five?
(a) A cow suit.
(b) A green tamborine.
(c) A means of transportation.
(d) A rubber hose.
3. What do Smiley and Phoney drink to when they are reunited in Chapter five?
4. What does Gran'ma ask Thorn to do while Gran'ma and Fone hitch up the wagon in Chapter six?
(a) Look for anything useful the rat creatures didn't destroy.
(b) Put out the fire on the roof.
(c) Go make a pie.
(d) Get some clean clothes together.
5. What does Phoney say is disgusting in Chapter four?
(a) To know where eggs come from.
(b) That he has to do the milking.
(c) That he is expected to work.
(d) That he is going to be a farm hand for the rest of his life.
6. What does Smiley tell Phoney in Chapter five about money?
(a) The outlawed dollar bills.
(b) No one in Barrelhaven has ever seen it before.
(c) The currency isn't so good in Barrelhaven.
(d) They stopped using money years ago.
7. What does Fone say that he smells in Chapter five?
(a) Dead rotting beef carcass.
(c) Smiley's cigars.
8. What slows Thorn and Gran'ma down as they are nearing the town?
(a) Gran'ma gets another gitchy feeling.
(b) Thorn needs to rest.
(c) There are trees in the middle of the road.
(d) Fone sees the dragon in the woods.
9. What does the hooded one tell Phoney in Chapter six about Fone?
(a) Fone is going to betray Phoney.
(b) Fone will become the hooded one's servant.
(c) Fone awakened the dragon and so will be killed.
(d) Fone will never make it back to Boneville.
10. Why does Phoney say his first idea wasn't silly in response to Smiley in Chapter five?
(a) The false teeth would cut through rocks.
(b) The lettuce wouldn't spoil for decades.
(c) The fish were always glad to be a happy meal.
(d) The amputations were awfully quick.
11. Why does Thorn explain to Fone that the two of them have gone to the river in Chapter four?
(a) To gather water.
(b) To bathe.
(c) To wash the vegetables.
(d) To wash their clothing.
12. What had been Phoney's first idea that is mentioned in Chapter four while Fone and Phoney are arguing?
(a) Combining a day care and mining operation.
(b) Combining a lipoction operation with a soap factory.
(c) Combining a petting zoo with a slaughter house.
(d) Walking and chewing bubble gum at the same time.
13. What does the Hooded One order in the end of Chapter four?
(a) The destruction of the farm.
(b) To kill the dragon.
(c) To attack the town.
(d) To look for the signs of the battle to come.
14. In chapter four what does Fone say was one of the things that Phoney had done wrong while they were in Boneville?
(a) Build an orphanage on a hazardous waste landfill.
(b) Tried to set himself up as the king.
(c) Do a prisoner work release in the old folks home.
(d) Put in to have the town renamed after himself.
15. What does Smiley say he is telling everyone in the bar?
(a) That rat creatures are roaming the valley.
(b) That ther eis a new cow racing that is impossible to beat.
(c) That Gran'ma is too old to race.
(d) That Gran'ma won't be making it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Phoney when he enters Barrelhaven?
2. What does Gran'ma say is the reason that she still wants to go to the spring fair?
3. What does Fone tell Thorn after she wakes up in the end of Chapter four?
4. What does Phoney order when he steps into Barrelhaven?
5. What does Gran'ma tell Fone to do since she cannot shake the Gitchy Feeling in Chapter four?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)