|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kingdok say has been seen in the two rat creatures area?
(a) The princess.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A carpet bagger.
(d) The creature with the star on his chest.
2. What does Fone say that he smells in Chapter five?
(b) Smiley's cigars.
(d) Dead rotting beef carcass.
3. How does Lucius describe the two he has in his bar taking care of the place?
(a) Young men.
(b) Worthless rats.
(d) Dead beats.
4. What does Gran'ma explain a Gitchy Feeling is in Chapter four?
(a) A powerful omen of bad things to come.
(b) A feeling of something that you have experienced before.
(c) A sinking feeling in your belly.
(d) Nothing a strong drink doesn't fix.
5. What is Fone telling Gran'ma about as they enter Barrelhaven?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
6. Who is with the dragon when he shows up to help Fone and Thorn in Chapter five?
7. What does Gran'ma say she is missing in Chapter four?
(a) Her running shoes.
(b) Her bloomers.
(c) A wooden bucket.
(d) Her good dress.
8. Why does Smiley say he had been so worried about Fone?
(a) Because Fone is so small.
(b) Because Fone is younger.
(c) Because Fone never was good at camping.
(d) Because Smiley remembered Fone being afraid of bugs.
9. What happens to Fone while he and Thorn are running in Chapter five that slows them down?
(a) He falls into a pond.
(b) He hits his face on a branch.
(c) He falls into a hole.
(d) He gets tangled in some brush.
10. What does Gran'ma tell Thorn after the dragon has left?
(a) They have to find Smiley and Phoney.
(b) They need to work on fixing the house.
(c) They have a lot to do before leaving for the spring fair.
(d) The rats will soon be back.
11. What does Thorn say when Fone tells her that Gran'a appreciates fine literature?
(a) She just laughs.
(b) She tells Fone that she likes literature too.
(c) She tells Gran'ma to wake up.
(d) She says that Gran'ma doesn't know how to read.
12. What does Phoney suddenly notice that is odd while he is walking through the woods in Chapter four?
(a) A bad smell.
(b) Two voices arguing about quiche.
(c) The sound of snoring.
(d) A rumbling.
13. What does the bartender say that Phoney is going to do in Chapter five to pay for the beers?
(a) Muck out the stables.
(b) Sweep, mop, and clean the place.
(c) Cut firewood.
(d) Work in the kitchen.
14. How many Rat Creatures does Gran'ma say are outside the house when Thorn asks in Chapter five?
(b) She offers to let Fone go and count.
(c) All of them.
(d) She doesn't know.
15. What did Phoney have made and then tied it to a statue during his campaign event?
(a) A hot air baloon.
(b) A large kite in the shape of himself.
(c) A fifty foot baloon of himself.
(d) A banner with his slogan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smiley explain about the monetary system in barrelhaven?
2. What does Phoney say Fone doesn't understand while they are talking in Chapter four?
3. What does Gran'ma explained happened after Thorn and Fone left?
4. What does Gran'ma tell Thorn and Fone is the plan?
5. What did Phoney decide to do as a social event for his big campaign?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)