|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office does Fone tell Gran'ma that Phoney had run for in Boneville?
2. What does the hooded one say matters to Phoney?
(b) Getting home to Boneville.
(c) Personal gain.
3. What does Gran'ma say in Chapter five when Thorn asks if they should dose the lights?
(a) The lights are keeping the monsters back.
(b) To get ALL the lights turned out.
(c) Not just yet.
(d) They might need to set the house on fire.
4. What does Smiley explain about the monetary system in barrelhaven?
(a) It is based on rare gems.
(b) It is a barter system.
(c) They have their own currency they use.
(d) It is based loosely on whatever they want at the moment.
5. What does Phoney tell the possum children when he runs into them in Chapter four?
(a) Get lost.
(b) Get a life.
(c) What the heck are you?
(d) Get a job.
6. What did Phoney promise people if they showed up at his campaign event?
(a) Dances and fun for all.
(b) Free food.
7. What does the dragon tell Thorn in chapter six when Thorn first begins to run to the house?
(a) They are too late to help.
(b) To wait to make sure it is safe.
(c) He can smell rat creatures.
(d) They need to have a plan.
8. Why does Gran'ma say for them not to worry about her in Chapter five?
(a) Her father taught her how to handle rats.
(b) She has a secret weapon.
(c) She used to have a pet rat.
(d) She fought the rats back in the big war.
9. What unfinished business does the hooded one tell Phoney that they have?
(a) Their destiny.
(b) Phoney's soul.
(c) Finding the princess.
(d) A war.
10. What did Phoney have made and then tied it to a statue during his campaign event?
(a) A fifty foot baloon of himself.
(b) A hot air baloon.
(c) A banner with his slogan.
(d) A large kite in the shape of himself.
11. What is Phoney griping about in Chapter four while walking to town?
(a) He has lost the trail.
(b) The lack of decent scenery.
(c) That there isn't a decent bathroom around.
(d) He didn't bring any food.
12. What does Gran'ma ask Thorn to do while Gran'ma and Fone hitch up the wagon in Chapter six?
(a) Go make a pie.
(b) Put out the fire on the roof.
(c) Look for anything useful the rat creatures didn't destroy.
(d) Get some clean clothes together.
13. What does the bartender tell Phoney he owes for the beers?
(a) A jug of milk.
(b) Two eggs.
(c) Six ears of corn.
(d) A bale of hay.
14. What does Thorn do to make her and Fone run faster?
(a) Ties her hair back.
(b) Runs down a hill.
(c) Takes off her shoes.
(d) Carries Fone.
15. Why does Phoney say his first idea wasn't silly in response to Smiley in Chapter five?
(a) The fish were always glad to be a happy meal.
(b) The false teeth would cut through rocks.
(c) The lettuce wouldn't spoil for decades.
(d) The amputations were awfully quick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoney say that Fone won't hear a peep out of him in Chapter four?
2. What does Gran'ma tell Thorn in Chapter five when Thorn asks where the rat creatures are as she first enters the room?
3. How does Lucius describe the two he has in his bar taking care of the place?
4. What does Gran'ma tell Fone to do since she cannot shake the Gitchy Feeling in Chapter four?
5. What does Gran'ma first say when Thorn arrives back at the farm in Chapter six?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)