|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fone say about the spring fair in Chapter four?
(a) It is the best chance to find Smiley.
(b) There should be someone that knows of Boneville at the fair.
(c) It will only last two days.
(d) It should be a lot of fun.
2. What does Thorn find when she returns to her Gran'ma's home in the end of Chapter five?
(a) There are rat creature bodies everywhere.
(b) Gran'ma is dead.
(c) Everything looks just as it should.
(d) The home is on fire.
3. What does the bartender do with the money that Phoney gives him?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Tears it up.
(c) Sticks it in his pocket.
(d) Eats it.
4. What does Smiley say when Phoney asks why Smiley kept giving him beer knowing Phoney couldn't pay for them?
(a) Smiley isn't responsible for Phoney.
(b) Smiley realizes he missed some dirty glasses.
(c) Phoney looked thirsty.
(d) Phoney didn't ask.
5. What did Phoney promise people if they showed up at his campaign event?
(a) Dances and fun for all.
(d) Free food.
6. What does Thorn NOT say can be found at the festival booths?
(a) Silk robes.
(b) Peacock feathers.
(d) Magic charms.
7. What had been Phoney's first idea that is mentioned in Chapter four while Fone and Phoney are arguing?
(a) Combining a petting zoo with a slaughter house.
(b) Combining a day care and mining operation.
(c) Combining a lipoction operation with a soap factory.
(d) Walking and chewing bubble gum at the same time.
8. What does Lucius have for Gran'ma that he says he has been saving all day?
(a) A biscuit.
(b) A ripe tomatoe.
(c) An apple pie.
(d) A flower.
9. What does Phoney have that he says in chapter four gives him comfort?
(a) The little bit of money he has left.
(b) Some black mail information he has been keeping.
(c) A new money making scheme.
(d) His family.
10. How many Rat Creatures does Gran'ma say are outside the house when Thorn asks in Chapter five?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) All of them.
(c) She offers to let Fone go and count.
11. What does Fone way will draw Smiley to the festival?
(a) The food.
(b) All the people.
(c) The races.
(d) The booths.
12. What does Gran'ma tell Thorn after the dragon has left?
(a) They have a lot to do before leaving for the spring fair.
(b) The rats will soon be back.
(c) They have to find Smiley and Phoney.
(d) They need to work on fixing the house.
13. In chapter four what does Fone do once they reach the river?
(a) Eats the soap.
(b) Looses the potatoes in the water.
(d) Falls in the water.
14. What does Gran'ma tell Thorn and Fone the rat creatures would think if it was dark in the house?
(a) That they were all asleep.
(b) That they were setting traps.
(c) That they were trying to sneak out.
(d) Rat creatures don't think.
15. In chapter four what does Fone say was one of the things that Phoney had done wrong while they were in Boneville?
(a) Put in to have the town renamed after himself.
(b) Tried to set himself up as the king.
(c) Do a prisoner work release in the old folks home.
(d) Build an orphanage on a hazardous waste landfill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoney say that Fone won't hear a peep out of him in Chapter four?
2. fWhy do the two rat creatures explain that they have not captured Fone Bone?
3. Who does Smiley say is the odds-on favorite for winning the cow race?
4. What does Phoney say sours his plans in Chapter six?
5. What do Smiley and Phoney drink to when they are reunited in Chapter five?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)