|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark does Fone first say that he cannot find on the map he has?
(a) The gorge.
(b) That town.
(c) The river.
(d) The mountain range.
2. What happens to Fone just as he says that he needs to get out of the woods because they are too weird for him?
(a) A group of creatures appears.
(b) Ted shows back up.
(c) A group of dragons come out of the forest.
(d) A thick blanket of snow falls all at once.
3. What does Miz 'Possum say when Fone says he had a run in with a dragon?
(a) That they don't talk about the dragon.
(b) That it is bad luck to meet a dragon.
(c) That Fone is making it up for the children.
(d) That the dragons went underground to sleep long ago.
4. After following the map for sometime in Chapter one what does Fone begin to believe?
(a) It was nothing more than one of Smiley's jokes.
(b) He has the map upside down.
(c) He is no good at reading maps.
(d) The map is too old to be any good.
5. In chapter three what does Phoney say Fone is probably doing at that moment?
(a) Sitting in Phoney's house eating his food.
(b) Laughing at Phoney.
(c) Off with Smiley acting stupid.
(d) Laying dead in a ditch somewhere.
6. What does Thorn say she has done when she wakes Fone up in the beginning of Chapter three?
(a) Went to town to get Fone a new knap sack.
(b) Got Fone some new clothes.
(c) Gathered maps for Fone to look at.
(d) Fixed Fone some cakes.
7. Why does Fone say that they had to bring Smiley with them when they ran from Boneville?
(a) To torture Phoney.
(b) Fone is responsible for Smiely.
(c) Smiley has wilderness survival skills.
(d) Smiley had all the food.
8. What does Smiley say when Fone says they are lost in Chapter one?
(a) To boldly go where no Bone has gone before.
(b) Where's the yellow-brick road when you need it?
(c) Once was found, but now we're lost.
(d) One small step for Bone. One large step for Bonekind.
9. Who does Fone find with the possum children after they run out of his house in Chapter two?
(a) Two rat creatures.
(d) Miz Hedgehog.
10. What does Thorn warn Fone not to do?
(a) Say anything against cows.
(b) Talk about the dragon to her grandmother.
(c) Mention the rat creatures to her grandmother.
(d) Get the living room dirty.
11. What does THorn say she and Fone need to do after Fone is awake in Chapter three?
(a) Clean up the place.
(b) Go mend a fence.
(c) Go milk the cows.
(d) Gather eggs.
12. What is on Gran'ma's cow when she arrives home?
(a) A pile of money.
(b) A group of chickens.
(d) A crate.
13. What does Fone begin following after getting separated from the others in Chapter one?
(a) His instincts.
(b) Foot prints.
(c) Cigarette butts.
(d) The north star.
14. After getting to the spring what does Fone say he should have asked the dragon?
(a) What dragons eat.
(b) Why he is following him.
(c) Where Boneville is.
(d) If he had seen Fone's cousins.
15. Why is Fone told that he needs to hurry and get out of the valley?
(a) Winter is coming.
(b) The king doesn't like intruders.
(c) The valley is dangerous.
(d) The valley is enchanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does THorn do when Fone begins to tell her about Moby Dick?
2. What does Fone tell Thorn about the dragon?
3. What does Fone say about the rat creatures?
4. What does the dragon do after Phoney begins insulting him in chapter three when Phoney finds the dragon asleep?
5. What does Smiley find in Chapter one?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)