|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoney say in chapter three when his stomach growls?
(a) His stomach is just as mad at Fone as he is.
(b) Shut up!
(c) He doesn't want to hear any more back talk.
(d) He just ate a stick an hour ago.
2. What does Thorn hear as they are walking away from the hot spring?
(a) The spring birds.
(b) Rat creatures.
(c) Her grandmother calling.
(d) Warning bells from the village.
3. What does THorn say she and Fone need to do after Fone is awake in Chapter three?
(a) Clean up the place.
(b) Go mend a fence.
(c) Gather eggs.
(d) Go milk the cows.
4. What does Fone say about the rat creatures?
(a) They are a menace.
(b) They frighten him.
(c) They are just hungry.
(d) They are not scary and kinda dumb.
5. What does Fone say he would have done to the rat creatures if he was a dragon in Chapter two?
(a) Squashed them flat.
(b) Blasted them with fire.
(c) Ate them.
(d) Pinched their heads off, spit down their necks and then put the heads back.
6. What does THorn do when Fone begins to tell her about Moby Dick?
(a) Tells him it sounds like a torture device.
(b) Pretends to be asleep.
(c) Starts to giggle.
(d) Drool on herself while looking glass eyed.
7. What does Thorn say she has done when she wakes Fone up in the beginning of Chapter three?
(a) Got Fone some new clothes.
(b) Fixed Fone some cakes.
(c) Went to town to get Fone a new knap sack.
(d) Gathered maps for Fone to look at.
8. What does Thorn say the people in the village bet?
(a) Goods and services.
(c) Lumps of gold and other jewels.
(d) Paper money.
9. In chapter three what does Phoney say Fone is probably doing at that moment?
(a) Laying dead in a ditch somewhere.
(b) Off with Smiley acting stupid.
(c) Laughing at Phoney.
(d) Sitting in Phoney's house eating his food.
10. What does Smiley say when Fone says they are lost in Chapter one?
(a) To boldly go where no Bone has gone before.
(b) One small step for Bone. One large step for Bonekind.
(c) Once was found, but now we're lost.
(d) Where's the yellow-brick road when you need it?
11. What does the map finally lead Fone to?
(b) A farm.
(c) A vast kingdom.
(d) A valley with water.
12. Why does Gran'ma Ben ask Ted to leave?
(a) She is going to tear Phoney appart from the inside out.
(b) She needs to talk to Phoney in private.
(c) She wants Ted to go and keep a look out for rat creatures.
(d) She needs Ted to go get Thorn.
13. What does the dragon tell the rat creatures in Chapter two?
(a) Beat it!
(b) You have to the count of three....
(d) This was rather unwise.
14. What does Ted say when the creatures appear to talk to Fone?
(a) You're on your own.
(c) I forgot, I have a doctor's appointment.
(d) I'm gonna go get my brother.
15. Who does Ted say he will take Fone to?
(a) The king.
(c) Fone's cousins.
(d) Gran'ma Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fone begin to do when the children play dead in his house?
2. What does the second creature say he wants to do with Fone?
3. What does Ted warn Phoney about?
4. Who does Ted decide to take Phoney to?
5. How does Ted describe Thorn to Fone?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)