|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fone say about Moby Dick?
(a) He found it.
(b) He has never understood it.
(c) It is his favorite book.
(d) It was what Smiley used to reach things high up on shelves.
2. What does Gran'ma Ben ask Phoney when they first meet?
(a) If he has ever been to the valley before.
(b) If they haven't met before.
(c) If he likes chickens.
(d) If he would like to ride one of her cows.
3. What does the dragon say when Fone asks if he can breath fire?
(a) Never tried.
(b) The dragon breaths fire on Fone.
4. What do the two creatures look for on Fone when they find him sleeping in Chapter one?
(a) A hat.
(b) A necklace with a strange symbol on it.
(c) A star on his chest.
(d) A scar on his forehead.
5. What does Thorn say she has done when she wakes Fone up in the beginning of Chapter three?
(a) Gathered maps for Fone to look at.
(b) Fixed Fone some cakes.
(c) Got Fone some new clothes.
(d) Went to town to get Fone a new knap sack.
6. What does the creature tell his friend when he sees Fone walking through the woods in Chapter one?
(a) They are going to feast.
(b) They should avoid the Bone creature.
(c) That is the creature their mast has been looking for.
(d) They should capture Fone.
7. What does the dragon tell the rat creatures in Chapter two?
(a) This was rather unwise.
(b) You have to the count of three....
(d) Beat it!
8. Who appears and offers to help Phoney in chapter three?
(a) Gran'ma Ben.
9. What happens when Thorn and Fone touch hands?
(a) Fone has a vision.
(b) A spark of electricity.
(c) Thorn says Fone is familiar.
(d) Fone faints.
10. What does Gran'ma say about Fone and Phoney staying?
(a) They will have to pay for their rooms.
(b) It will bring bad luck.
(c) They cannot stay under any conditions.
(d) They can sleep in the barn.
11. How does Fone track the possum children when they leave his house?
(a) A trail of pebbles.
(b) Footprints in the snow.
(c) They stay on the path.
(d) Their giggling.
12. What does Fone tell Thorn about the dragon?
(a) Fone thinks the dragon knows the way home.
(b) Fone thinks the dragon is following him.
(c) Fone thinks the dragon is hiding something.
(d) Fone is not sure the dragon isn't a figment of his imagination.
13. What does the second creature say he wants to do with Fone?
(a) Put him in a quiche.
(b) Put him in a stew.
(c) Eat him raw.
(d) Make a meat pie.
14. Where does Miz 'Possum say she is going?
(a) To find Thorn.
(b) To find a new place to live.
(c) To town.
(d) Miz Hedgehog's house.
15. What happens that lets Thorn know Gran'ma Ben is home?
(a) The house begins to shake.
(b) She gets a tickle on the back of her neck.
(c) There is a ruckus from the farm animals.
(d) She can hear Gran'ma singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smiley say is the reason that the Mayor declared a holiday in Boneville for?
2. What does Fone begin following after getting separated from the others in Chapter one?
3. What is on Gran'ma's cow when she arrives home?
4. What does Phoney say to Ted when they meet?
5. In the beginning of chapter one, how long does Smiley say that it has been since they were kicked out of Boneville?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)