|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three what does Phoney say Fone is probably doing at that moment?
(a) Sitting in Phoney's house eating his food.
(b) Off with Smiley acting stupid.
(c) Laying dead in a ditch somewhere.
(d) Laughing at Phoney.
2. What does the creature tell his friend when he sees Fone walking through the woods in Chapter one?
(a) They are going to feast.
(b) They should capture Fone.
(c) They should avoid the Bone creature.
(d) That is the creature their mast has been looking for.
3. What does Phoney say in chapter three when his stomach growls?
(a) His stomach is just as mad at Fone as he is.
(b) Shut up!
(c) He just ate a stick an hour ago.
(d) He doesn't want to hear any more back talk.
4. What does Ted warn Phoney about?
(a) Gran'ma won't like Phoney's attitude.
(b) There is a war coming to the valley.
(c) There are dangerous creatures in the forest.
(d) To not step on him.
5. What does the dragon tell Fone in chapter three when he pokes his head out of the well?
(a) He asks Fone for another light.
(b) He wants Thorn to think Fone is crazy.
(c) He asks Fone how he slept.
(d) He says Thorn is a pretty girl.
6. What does the dragon do after Phoney begins insulting him in chapter three when Phoney finds the dragon asleep?
(a) Calling the rat creatures.
(b) Circling Phoney.
(c) Showing his teeth.
(d) Blowing smoke out of his nostrils.
7. What does Gran'ma say about Fone and Phoney staying?
(a) They cannot stay under any conditions.
(b) They can sleep in the barn.
(c) They will have to pay for their rooms.
(d) It will bring bad luck.
8. After getting to the spring what does Fone say he should have asked the dragon?
(a) Why he is following him.
(b) Where Boneville is.
(c) If he had seen Fone's cousins.
(d) What dragons eat.
9. What does Thorn say she has done when she wakes Fone up in the beginning of Chapter three?
(a) Went to town to get Fone a new knap sack.
(b) Gathered maps for Fone to look at.
(c) Fixed Fone some cakes.
(d) Got Fone some new clothes.
10. What does Phoney say to Ted when they meet?
(a) You can be my servant.
(b) Do you have a brain?
(c) You look like a leaf.
(d) Take me to your leader.
11. What does Fone tell Ted that Ted looks like when they first meet in Chapter one?
(a) A speck of dirt.
(b) The effects that dehydration has on the mind.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A twig.
12. What is on Gran'ma's cow when she arrives home?
(a) A pile of money.
(b) A crate.
(c) A group of chickens.
13. What does Fone begin to do when the children play dead in his house?
(a) Do a dance.
(b) Walks around sniffing of the children.
(c) List off the ingredients for possum stew.
14. What does Miz 'Possum ask Fone to do after she has brought him blankets in Chapter two?
(a) Go with her to gather supplies.
(c) Help her gather wood.
(d) Tell her when he has found Thorn or Ted.
15. How does Fone track the possum children when they leave his house?
(a) A trail of pebbles.
(b) Footprints in the snow.
(c) Their giggling.
(d) They stay on the path.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Fone told that he needs to hurry and get out of the valley?
2. What does the dragon tell the rat creatures in Chapter two?
3. What does THorn say she and Fone need to do after Fone is awake in Chapter three?
4. What stops the cow that was running toward the house?
5. Why does the second creature refuse to start a fire when he is asked?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)