|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorn warn Fone not to do?
(a) Talk about the dragon to her grandmother.
(b) Mention the rat creatures to her grandmother.
(c) Say anything against cows.
(d) Get the living room dirty.
2. What does Fone say about the help that Miz 'Possum has given to him?
(a) It has kept him from feeling lonely.
(b) I is kind but no necessary.
(c) It is what has gotten him through the winter.
(d) It has reassured his faith in good will.
3. What does Miz 'Possum say when Fone says he had a run in with a dragon?
(a) That the dragons went underground to sleep long ago.
(b) That it is bad luck to meet a dragon.
(c) That Fone is making it up for the children.
(d) That they don't talk about the dragon.
4. How does Fone track the possum children when they leave his house?
(a) A trail of pebbles.
(b) They stay on the path.
(c) Footprints in the snow.
(d) Their giggling.
5. What does the second creature say he wants to do with Fone?
(a) Put him in a quiche.
(b) Put him in a stew.
(c) Make a meat pie.
(d) Eat him raw.
6. What does Miz 'Possum ask Fone to do after she has brought him blankets in Chapter two?
(b) Help her gather wood.
(c) Go with her to gather supplies.
(d) Tell her when he has found Thorn or Ted.
7. What does Ted say when the creatures appear to talk to Fone?
(a) You're on your own.
(c) I'm gonna go get my brother.
(d) I forgot, I have a doctor's appointment.
8. What happens to Fone just as he says that he needs to get out of the woods because they are too weird for him?
(a) A thick blanket of snow falls all at once.
(b) A group of dragons come out of the forest.
(c) Ted shows back up.
(d) A group of creatures appears.
9. What does the dragon tell the rat creatures in Chapter two?
(b) You have to the count of three....
(c) This was rather unwise.
(d) Beat it!
10. What does Fone begin following after getting separated from the others in Chapter one?
(a) Foot prints.
(b) Cigarette butts.
(c) The north star.
(d) His instincts.
11. What does THorn do when Fone begins to tell her about Moby Dick?
(a) Starts to giggle.
(b) Pretends to be asleep.
(c) Tells him it sounds like a torture device.
(d) Drool on herself while looking glass eyed.
12. What does Fone offer to do for the children when they first get back to Fone's home in Chapter two?
(a) Build them a tent.
(b) Play a game of hide-and-seek.
(c) Cook for them.
(d) Tell them a story.
13. What does Thorn say the people in the village bet?
(a) Goods and services.
(c) Paper money.
(d) Lumps of gold and other jewels.
14. What does Fone have in his knapsack in Chapter three?
(a) Pictures of Phoney and Smiley.
15. What does Gran'ma Ben ask Phoney when they first meet?
(a) If they haven't met before.
(b) If he likes chickens.
(c) If he would like to ride one of her cows.
(d) If he has ever been to the valley before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does THorn say she and Fone need to do after Fone is awake in Chapter three?
2. Why does Fone say that they had to bring Smiley with them when they ran from Boneville?
3. Why does the second creature refuse to start a fire when he is asked?
4. What does the map finally lead Fone to?
5. What does Fone say about the rat creatures?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)