|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fone dream about in Book 7, Chapter 2?
2. Roque Ja says he is going to take Fone and Smiley where?
3. What are Phoney and Smiley looking for in Book 8, Chapter 6?
4. What are Phoney and Fone doing in the marketplace at the start of Book 8, Chapter 4?
5. What does Thorn use her Veni-yan-cari abilities for in Book 7, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances around Bartleby's return in Chapter 3?
2. What information do the two rat creatures disclose to Fone and Smiley?
3. What do the locusts do in Book 5?
4. Describe Roque Ja.
5. Why does Fone think Phoney is the way he is?
6. What does the group see when they emerge from the secret cave in Book 7, Chapter 1?
7. How does the group shake the rat creatures in Chapter 4?
8. Describe Tarsil.
9. What happens to Thorn when they are visiting Gran'ma's old teacher?
10. What plan does Phoney have to get everyone into Atheia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of role does conflict have in a work of literature? What are two examples of conflict in the Bone books and what is their role/outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Please outline the resolution of the Bone series. Do you, as the reader, consider the resolution provided as a well-written resolution? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Define imagery and descriptive language. How is imagery and/or descriptive language used in the Bone books? How effective was the author's use of imagery/descriptive language?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)