|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gran'ma take Thorn to see when they enter the city?
2. What are the city guards looking for in Book 8, Chapter 4?
3. What is Roque Ja ordered to do in Book 6, Chapter 3?
4. What distracts Roque Ja in Book 5, Chapter 2, giving Fone and Smiley a chance to escape?
5. What do Thorn and her party see when they leave the dragon burial ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fone think Phoney is the way he is?
2. What plan does Phoney have to get everyone into Atheia?
3. Describe Tarsil.
4. What interaction does Ted have with the Bones in the prologue of Book 6?
5. What decision is Thorn wrestling with in Chapter 1?
6. What information about the hooded-one does Thorn share in Chapter 3?
7. What does Lucius share about his past with the sisters, Briar and Rose?
8. Why doesn't Thorn want to go to the Old Man's Cave?
9. What has happened to Lucius in Book 7?
10. How does the group escape from Roque Ja in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define imagery and descriptive language. How is imagery and/or descriptive language used in the Bone books? How effective was the author's use of imagery/descriptive language?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the difference between static and dynamic characters in literature and in the Bone books. Chose one dynamic character and explain their journey and how they changed in the Bone book series.
Essay Topic 3
Provide a brief description of the character of each of the Bone cousins. Explain their independent roles in their family as well as the novel as a whole.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)