|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Phoney and Smiley looking for in Book 8, Chapter 6?
2. What happens to Smiley and Fone after exiting the cave?
3. What is Roque Ja?
4. What does Ted agree to do for Smiley and Fone at the start of Book 6?
5. Who is sent to take a message to Gran'ma Ben at the start of Book 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances around Bartleby's return in Chapter 3?
2. What plan does Phoney have to get everyone into Atheia?
3. What information do the two rat creatures disclose to Fone and Smiley?
4. What interaction does Ted have with the Bones in the prologue of Book 6?
5. How does the group shake the rat creatures in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Fone think Phoney is the way he is?
7. What happens to Thorn when they are visiting Gran'ma's old teacher?
8. How are Fone and Smiley rescued in Book 5, Chapter 2?
9. What decision is Thorn wrestling with in Chapter 1?
10. What does the group see when they emerge from the secret cave in Book 7, Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please outline the resolution of the Bone series. Do you, as the reader, consider the resolution provided as a well-written resolution? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Good vs. Evil is a theme seen in the Bone books. Please provide two examples each of good and evil characters who communicated the theme to the reader. Why are these characters good or evil?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the difference between static and dynamic characters in literature and in the Bone books. Chose one dynamic character and explain their journey and how they changed in the Bone book series.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)