|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Smiley and Fone see in the distance right before they reach the cave?
2. What are Gran'ma Ben and Phoney discussing in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name given to the baby rat creature?
4. Who rescues Smiley from the rat creatures' attack?
5. How does Smiley feel when the baby rat creature leaves with the other rat creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bartleby in Book 5?
2. How does the group escape from Roque Ja in Chapter 3?
3. What interaction does Ted have with the Bones in the prologue of Book 6?
4. Describe Tarsil.
5. What sentences does Tarsil order in Chapter 5?
6. What news does Ted bring to Gran'ma Ben in Book 8?
7. Who is Briar?
8. What are the circumstances around Bartleby's return in Chapter 3?
9. How does the group shake the rat creatures in Chapter 4?
10. Why doesn't Thorn want to go to the Old Man's Cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of role does conflict have in a work of literature? What are two examples of conflict in the Bone books and what is their role/outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the literary devices of personification and anthropomorphism . Which literary technique (personification and anthropomorphism) is seen in the Bone series and how is it seen?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is used in the Bone books. Please provide an example of the use of foreshadowing in the novel. What information was the foreshadowing trying to make the reader aware of? Do you think that this foreshadowing was well-written by the author? Why or why not?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)