|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops the villagers from stringing up Phoney in Book 6, Chapter 1?
2. Where are Thorn, Smiley, and Fone at the start of Book 6, Chapter 2?
3. What decision do the villagers come to at the end of Book 7?
4. Who/what attacks Fone and the others as they stand on a ledge in Book 5, Chapter 4?
5. What is Lucius accused of in Book 7, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Ted bring to Gran'ma Ben in Book 8?
2. How does the group shake the rat creatures in Chapter 4?
3. What interaction does Ted have with the Bones in the prologue of Book 6?
4. What are the circumstances around Bartleby's return in Chapter 3?
5. What has happened to Lucius in Book 7?
6. Why doesn't Thorn want to go to the Old Man's Cave?
7. Describe Tarsil.
8. What information do the two rat creatures disclose to Fone and Smiley?
9. What does the group see when they emerge from the secret cave in Book 7, Chapter 1?
10. What sentences does Tarsil order in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the difference between static and dynamic characters in literature and in the Bone books. Chose one dynamic character and explain their journey and how they changed in the Bone book series.
Essay Topic 2
Define imagery and descriptive language. How is imagery and/or descriptive language used in the Bone books? How effective was the author's use of imagery/descriptive language?
Essay Topic 3
Please outline the resolution of the Bone series. Do you, as the reader, consider the resolution provided as a well-written resolution? Why or why not?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)