|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fone think they should go in Book 6, Chapter 4?
2. What power does the hooded figure have over the ghost circles?
3. Where are Thorn, Smiley, and Fone at the start of Book 6, Chapter 2?
4. What is Roque Ja?
5. Who is Thorn looking for at the end of Book 6, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction does Ted have with the Bones in the prologue of Book 6?
2. Why doesn't Thorn want to go to the Old Man's Cave?
3. What plan does Phoney have to get everyone into Atheia?
4. Describe Roque Ja.
5. What happens when Thorn and Fone enter the ghost circle?
6. What do the locusts do in Book 5?
7. What are the circumstances around Bartleby's return in Chapter 3?
8. What happens to Bartleby in Book 5?
9. How does the group shake the rat creatures in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Fone think Phoney is the way he is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many stories include a romantic element. Is there any romantic element in the Bone book series and if so, what characters are involved in this romantic relationship? What is the outcome of the romantic relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Tone and mood are commonly used literary devices. Please explain the difference between tone and mood, give three examples of the author's use of tone and mood in the Bone series, and explain the importance of this use of tone and mood to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Relationships are important in this story. Choose two relationship and 1) briefly summarize/explain the relationship, and 2) explain the importance of this relationship to the story as a whole. Do you think that the story could have been the same without these two relationships? Why or why not?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)