|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dragon call Fone in Book 3, Chapter 2?
2. Whose face does Thorn see behind a hooded cloak in Book 3, Chapter 1?
3. According to Gran'ma Ben's story, who could help free the Lord of Locusts?
4. Where is it that Fone meets Thorn for the first time?
5. What does Phoney have on his shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Please describe the three Bone cousins.
2. After being separated, how do Phoney and Fone find one another again in Book 1?
3. How do the rat creatures participate in the cow races in Book 2?
4. What state does Lucius find things in when he returns from looking for Gran'ma Ben?
5. What does Gran'ma say about dragons in Book 3, Chapter 5?
6. What happens at the end of Book 2 as a result of Phoney's failed plans?
7. What scheme does Phoney come up with in Book 4, Chapter 6?
8. What do Thorn and Fone end up discussing in Book 3, Chapter 3?
9. What does the hooded figure think will free the Lord of Locusts?
10. Why was Phoney forced out of Boneville?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how dreams and the dream world are significant in the Bone books. What characters specifically are influenced or affected by the dream world and/or dreams? How are they influenced/affected?
Essay Topic 2
How is narrative mode seen in the Bone series and what types of narrative modes are used? Please provide at least two specific examples of narrative mode from the books.
Essay Topic 3
Relationships are important in this story. Choose two relationship and 1) briefly summarize/explain the relationship, and 2) explain the importance of this relationship to the story as a whole. Do you think that the story could have been the same without these two relationships? Why or why not?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)