|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fone at the start of Book 2, Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the kingdom that Thorn's family is from?
3. According to Gran'ma Ben's story, who could help free the Lord of Locusts?
4. Who does Gran'ma Ben tell that Lucius is back?
5. Who is dressed in a cow costume at the start of Book 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the rat creatures participate in the cow races in Book 2?
2. How do the villagers feel about Phoney in Book 3?
3. What does the hooded figure do in Book 1?
4. What happens at the end of Book 2 as a result of Phoney's failed plans?
5. What scheme does Phoney come up with in Book 4, Chapter 6?
6. What is Phoney's plan to win big at the cow races?
7. What is Thorn's recurring dream?
8. What happened to Thorn's parents according to Gran'ma Ben?
9. Please describe the three Bone cousins.
10. What state does Lucius find things in when he returns from looking for Gran'ma Ben?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how dreams and the dream world are significant in the Bone books. What characters specifically are influenced or affected by the dream world and/or dreams? How are they influenced/affected?
Essay Topic 2
Good vs. Evil is a theme seen in the Bone books. Please provide two examples each of good and evil characters who communicated the theme to the reader. Why are these characters good or evil?
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the connection/relationship between Thorn, Briar, and Gran'ma Ben. How are these characters interconnected and what effect does their connection have on the series as a whole?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)