|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Thorn, Gran'ma and Fone headed when they are attacked in Book 4, Chapter 1?
2. What scares off the rat creatures before they can eat Fone in Book 1, Chapter 1?
3. How does Gran'ma Ben feel when she hears that no one is betting on her to win the race?
4. Who names the baby rat creature?
5. Who does Gran'ma Ben tell that Lucius is back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the villagers feel about Phoney in Book 3?
2. What do the villagers think of dragons and what does Phoney do with this knowledge?
3. What is Thorn's recurring dream?
4. What thwarts Phoney's money-making scheme in Book 2?
5. How does Smiley react to the baby rat creature?
6. In what way does Lucius seem hypocritical or contradictory in Book 2?
7. What does the hooded figure do in Book 1?
8. What is Kingdok's role in Book 4?
9. How does Gran'ma Ben feel about the cow races in Book 2?
10. What scheme does Phoney come up with in Book 4, Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the literary devices of personification and anthropomorphism . Which literary technique (personification and anthropomorphism) is seen in the Bone series and how is it seen?
Essay Topic 2
Tone and mood are commonly used literary devices. Please explain the difference between tone and mood, give three examples of the author's use of tone and mood in the Bone series, and explain the importance of this use of tone and mood to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Please explain what characterization is and how it is used in the Bone book series. Provide examples from the story. Do you think that the author's use of characterization was successful?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)