|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gran'ma give to Fone in Book 4, Chapter 3?
2. Where is Fone at the start of Book 2, Chapter 4?
3. Who stops the villagers from stringing up Phoney in Barrelhaven?
4. Who is rumored to beat Gran'ma Ben in the cow races?
5. Who tries to talk Phoney out of his betting plan in Book 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Lucius seem hypocritical or contradictory in Book 2?
2. What changes the villagers thoughts about dragons in Book 4?
3. What is Thorn's recurring dream?
4. What happens when Gran'ma receives news of a coming battle in Chapter 8?
5. What is Smiley's role in the cow races in Book 2?
6. What happens to Fone right after he gets separated from his cousins in Book 1?
7. After being separated, how do Phoney and Fone find one another again in Book 1?
8. How does Phoney find Smiley?
9. How does Smiley react to the baby rat creature?
10. How do the villagers feel about Phoney in Book 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please describe the connection/relationship between Thorn, Briar, and Gran'ma Ben. How are these characters interconnected and what effect does their connection have on the series as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
What type of role does conflict have in a work of literature? What are two examples of conflict in the Bone books and what is their role/outcome?
Essay Topic 3
Many stories include a romantic element. Is there any romantic element in the Bone book series and if so, what characters are involved in this romantic relationship? What is the outcome of the romantic relationship?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)