|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the red dragon do in Book 1, Chapter 6?
2. Who does Phoney meet in the woods in Book 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does Lucius bet on the cow races?
4. According to Gran'ma Ben's story, who could help free the Lord of Locusts?
5. Where is Gran'ma Ben when Thorn and Fone arrive home in Book 1, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kingdok's role in Book 4?
2. What happens at the end of Book 2 as a result of Phoney's failed plans?
3. In what way does Lucius seem hypocritical or contradictory in Book 2?
4. What do the villagers think of dragons and what does Phoney do with this knowledge?
5. How do the rat creatures participate in the cow races in Book 2?
6. What does Thorn learn about herself in Book 4, Chapter 3?
7. What state does Lucius find things in when he returns from looking for Gran'ma Ben?
8. What dreams occur in Book 3?
9. What happened to Thorn's parents according to Gran'ma Ben?
10. How do the villagers feel about Phoney in Book 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how dreams and the dream world are significant in the Bone books. What characters specifically are influenced or affected by the dream world and/or dreams? How are they influenced/affected?
Essay Topic 2
Relationships are important in this story. Choose two relationship and 1) briefly summarize/explain the relationship, and 2) explain the importance of this relationship to the story as a whole. Do you think that the story could have been the same without these two relationships? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Define imagery and descriptive language. How is imagery and/or descriptive language used in the Bone books? How effective was the author's use of imagery/descriptive language?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)