|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gran'ma Ben find when she returned to the scene of the fight according to Chapter 6?
2. Who does Gran'ma Ben tell that Lucius is back?
3. What do Smiley and Fone do with the baby rat creature in Book 4, Chapter 7?
4. Who is against the villagers handing their food over to Phoney?
5. What does Gran'ma say the hooded figure is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Smiley's role in the cow races in Book 2?
2. How does Phoney find Smiley?
3. What does the hooded figure think will free the Lord of Locusts?
4. After being separated, how do Phoney and Fone find one another again in Book 1?
5. What does Thorn learn about herself in Book 4, Chapter 3?
6. Why was Phoney forced out of Boneville?
7. What scheme does Phoney come up with in Book 4, Chapter 6?
8. What happened to Thorn's parents according to Gran'ma Ben?
9. What does Gran'ma say about dragons in Book 3, Chapter 5?
10. What changes the villagers thoughts about dragons in Book 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conflict can be seen in several books in the Bone series. Explain the role of conflict in this story. Provide two examples of conflict from the book series and explain what type of conflict they can be considered.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used in the Bone books. Please provide an example of the use of foreshadowing in the novel. What information was the foreshadowing trying to make the reader aware of? Do you think that this foreshadowing was well-written by the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how dreams and the dream world are significant in the Bone books. What characters specifically are influenced or affected by the dream world and/or dreams? How are they influenced/affected?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)