|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the city guards looking for in Book 8, Chapter 4?
(a) The queen.
(b) The Bone with the star.
(c) The person who stole the hay cart.
(d) The hooded figure.
2. Who does Gran'ma take Thorn to see when they enter the city?
(a) An old nanny.
(b) The town magistrate.
(c) A Duke.
(d) An old teacher.
3. What does the sacred ground of the dragon burial grounds do for Thorn?
(a) Helps her Veni-yan-cari abilities grow in power.
(b) Gives her super strength.
(c) Endows her with immortality.
(d) Helps her recover from her illness.
4. What does Phoney use to sneak everyone into the city in Book 8, Chapter 1?
(b) Cow costumes.
(c) A cart of hay.
(d) A covered wagon.
5. What does Taneal give to Thorn?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A gold key.
(c) A small scroll.
(d) A prayer stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, who else has joined Fone and Smiley as victims?
2. What new goal does Phoney have in Book 8, Chapter 5?
3. What are Phoney and Fone doing in the marketplace at the start of Book 8, Chapter 4?
4. What skill does Briar have?
5. How does Smiley feel when the baby rat creature leaves with the other rat creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision is Thorn wrestling with in Chapter 1?
2. What happens to Bartleby in Book 5?
3. Why doesn't Thorn want to go to the Old Man's Cave?
4. Who is Taneal and what happens to her in Chapter 6?
5. Describe Roque Ja.
6. Describe Tarsil.
7. What plan does Phoney have to get everyone into Atheia?
8. What happens when Thorn and Fone enter the ghost circle?
9. Why does Fone think Phoney is the way he is?
10. What has happened to Lucius in Book 7?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)