|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Fone and Thorn step into the ghost circle?
(a) They hear voices of those trapped inside.
(b) They go temporarily blind.
(c) They start to die.
(d) They see ghosts.
2. What does Fone dream about in Book 7, Chapter 2?
(a) The destruction of Boneville.
(b) The red dragon eating the Locust King.
(c) The red dragon and Moby Dick.
(d) Marrying Thorn.
3. What attacks Phoney and Fone in the marketplace?
(a) A snake.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bee.
4. Who do Thorn and Gran'ma Ben see being arrested in Book 8, Chapter 6?
5. What decision do the villagers come to at the end of Book 7?
(a) To retreat to the dragon mountains.
(b) To return to Barrelhaven.
(c) To set off to the North.
(d) To head to Atheia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Gran'ma Ben and Phoney discussing in Chapter 4?
2. Why is Thorn warned not to sleep?
3. What are Phoney and Smiley looking for in Book 8, Chapter 6?
4. Who/what attacks Fone and the others as they stand on a ledge in Book 5, Chapter 4?
5. What is the hooded figure referring to when it talks about "the sign"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sentences does Tarsil order in Chapter 5?
2. What decision is Thorn wrestling with in Chapter 1?
3. What happens to Thorn when they are visiting Gran'ma's old teacher?
4. What happens when Thorn and Fone enter the ghost circle?
5. Describe Roque Ja.
6. What plan does Phoney have to get everyone into Atheia?
7. What does Lucius share about his past with the sisters, Briar and Rose?
8. What has happened to Lucius in Book 7?
9. What does the group see when they emerge from the secret cave in Book 7, Chapter 1?
10. Why does Fone think Phoney is the way he is?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)