|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Briar have?
(a) She can travel through walls.
(b) She can manipulate the way people see her.
(c) She can see the future.
(d) She can read people's minds.
2. How is Briar destroyed in Book 6, Chapter 5?
(a) She is sacrificed by the rat creatures.
(b) She is torn apart by locusts.
(c) She is attacked by the villagers.
(d) She is eaten by Roque Ja.
3. Who does Gran'ma take Thorn to see when they enter the city?
(a) The town magistrate.
(b) A Duke.
(c) An old teacher.
(d) An old nanny.
4. In Chapter Three, who else has joined Fone and Smiley as victims?
(a) Two rat creatures.
5. What new goal does Phoney have in Book 8, Chapter 5?
(a) Ruling the rat creatures.
(b) Being a Veni-yan-cari.
(c) Being a guard.
(d) Being king of Atheia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Roque Ja in Book 5, Chapter 2, giving Fone and Smiley a chance to escape?
2. How does Fone save Thorn at the end of Book 6?
3. What is the one thing Thorn remembers from the attack on her parents?
4. Who is the only person that can see Briar's image when it appears?
5. What attacks Phoney and Fone in the marketplace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Thorn when they are visiting Gran'ma's old teacher?
2. How does the group escape from Roque Ja in Chapter 3?
3. Who is Briar?
4. What happens to Bartleby in Book 5?
5. Describe Roque Ja.
6. What do the locusts do in Book 5?
7. What sentences does Tarsil order in Chapter 5?
8. What news does Ted bring to Gran'ma Ben in Book 8?
9. What happens when Thorn and Fone enter the ghost circle?
10. What interaction does Ted have with the Bones in the prologue of Book 6?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)