|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phoney want to go to Barrelhaven in Book 1, Chapter 4?
(a) To look for Gran'ma.
(b) To go shopping.
(c) To get away from Thorn.
(d) To bet on the cow races.
2. What does Phoney have on his shirt?
(a) A happy face.
(b) A star.
(c) A question mark.
(d) A cat.
3. Where is it that Fone meets Thorn for the first time?
(a) By a brook.
(b) In town.
(c) Deep in the forest.
(d) At the ocean shore.
4. What part of Kingdok does Thorn injure?
(a) His nose.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His tail.
5. What role does Kingdok have with the rat creatures?
(a) He is their god.
(b) He is their slave.
(c) He is their pet.
(d) He is their leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gran'ma Ben look when she enters the barn in Book 3, Chapter 3?
2. What is Smiley doing in Barrelhaven?
3. What fair is going on at the start of Book 2?
4. Where is Gran'ma Ben when Thorn and Fone arrive home in Book 1, Chapter 3?
5. Where are Thorn, Gran'ma and Fone headed when they are attacked in Book 4, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Book 2 as a result of Phoney's failed plans?
2. What is Thorn's recurring dream?
3. What does Gran'ma say about dragons in Book 3, Chapter 5?
4. What happens to Fone right after he gets separated from his cousins in Book 1?
5. How does Gran'ma Ben feel about the cow races in Book 2?
6. What do the villagers think of dragons and what does Phoney do with this knowledge?
7. What do Thorn and Fone end up discussing in Book 3, Chapter 3?
8. In what way does Lucius seem hypocritical or contradictory in Book 2?
9. How does Smiley react to the baby rat creature?
10. What is Phoney's plan to win big at the cow races?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)