|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is housed in a secret compartment in Gran'ma's farm house?
(a) A magic compass.
(b) A secret tunnel.
(c) A shield and sword.
(d) A crossbow.
2. Why do Phoney and Smiley go to Barrelhaven in Book 3, Chapter 3?
(a) To do errands for Gran'ma Ben.
(b) To bet on more cow races.
(c) To work off their debt.
(d) To visit a friend.
3. Which of the following words best describe ghost circles?
4. What is attacking Gran'ma Ben's house in the start of Book 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Evil crows.
(d) Rat creatures.
5. What does Veni-yan-cari mean?
(a) Knowing one.
(b) Chosen one.
(c) Undying one.
(d) Awakened one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phoney doing in the tavern at the start of Book 1, Chapter 6?
2. Who does Fone call to for help in Book 3, Chapter 5?
3. What role does Kingdok have with the rat creatures?
4. How does Gran'ma Ben feel when she hears that no one is betting on her to win the race?
5. What does the red dragon do in Book 1, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What state does Lucius find things in when he returns from looking for Gran'ma Ben?
2. What is Phoney's plan to win big at the cow races?
3. How does Gran'ma Ben feel about the cow races in Book 2?
4. What is Kingdok's role in Book 4?
5. What changes the villagers thoughts about dragons in Book 4?
6. What scheme does Phoney come up with in Book 4, Chapter 6?
7. In what instances does the red dragon appear in Book 1?
8. What happened to Thorn's parents according to Gran'ma Ben?
9. What happens to Fone right after he gets separated from his cousins in Book 1?
10. What is Smiley's role in the cow races in Book 2?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)