|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lucius Down?
(a) The Mayor of Barrelhaven.
(b) The local tavern owner.
(c) Gran'ma Ben's arch nemesis.
(d) A farmer.
2. How does Gran'ma Ben feel when she hears that no one is betting on her to win the race?
3. What do the villagers find when they go searching for Fone in Book 4, Chapter 2?
(a) A rat tooth.
(b) The map.
4. Where is Fone at the start of Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) The farm.
(b) The forest.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The brook.
5. What is housed in a secret compartment in Gran'ma's farm house?
(a) A crossbow.
(b) A secret tunnel.
(c) A shield and sword.
(d) A magic compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Gran'ma Ben that they believe in her in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. Why does Thorn insist that Fone come home with her?
3. What part of Kingdok does Thorn injure?
4. How does Thorn feel when she realizes Fone is missing in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. Whose face does Thorn see behind a hooded cloak in Book 3, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Thorn's recurring dream?
2. What happens when Gran'ma receives news of a coming battle in Chapter 8?
3. How does Phoney find Smiley?
4. What state does Lucius find things in when he returns from looking for Gran'ma Ben?
5. What do the villagers think of dragons and what does Phoney do with this knowledge?
6. What is Phoney's plan to win big at the cow races?
7. How do the villagers feel about Phoney in Book 3?
8. What is Kingdok's role in Book 4?
9. What does the hooded figure think will free the Lord of Locusts?
10. After being separated, how do Phoney and Fone find one another again in Book 1?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)