|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Kingdok does Thorn injure?
(a) His tail.
(b) His arm.
(c) His nose.
(d) His leg.
2. Who falls off the roof in Book 2, Chapter 6?
3. Where did Gran'ma take Thorn for safety when she was a child?
(a) To the dragons.
(b) To her farm house.
(c) To Lucius' tavern.
(d) To a secret garden.
4. Who does Thorn think drew the map that Smiley found?
(a) An evil man.
(b) A dwarf.
(c) The red dragon.
5. Who was talking with the Lord of Locusts in Book 3, Chapter 6 according to Gran'ma's story?
(a) A hooded figure.
(b) An elf.
(c) The King.
(d) The nursemaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What royal family does Thorn learn she is from in Book 3, Chapter 6?
2. What do the men in the tavern tell Gran'ma in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. How does Phoney feel when the red dragon appears in Book 4, Chapter 8?
4. Why does the hooded one want Thorn?
5. What do the villagers find when they go searching for Fone in Book 4, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what instances does the red dragon appear in Book 1?
2. In what way does Lucius seem hypocritical or contradictory in Book 2?
3. What is Thorn's recurring dream?
4. What dreams occur in Book 3?
5. What state does Lucius find things in when he returns from looking for Gran'ma Ben?
6. What is Phoney's plan to win big at the cow races?
7. After being separated, how do Phoney and Fone find one another again in Book 1?
8. How does Smiley react to the baby rat creature?
9. What thwarts Phoney's money-making scheme in Book 2?
10. What is Kingdok's role in Book 4?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)