|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thorn use her Veni-yan-cari abilities for in Book 7, Chapter 1?
(a) To destroy Kingdok.
(b) To read the Locust King's mind.
(c) To avoid the ghost circles.
(d) To see the future.
2. What message do the holy men bring to Thorn?
(a) She must go to the dragon boneyard.
(b) She must go to Boneville.
(c) She must go to the Old Man's Cave.
(d) She must head up to the mountain.
3. What are the rat creatures deathly afraid of?
(a) The dragons.
(b) The ghost circles.
(c) The giant cats.
(d) The Bones'.
4. What is the hooded figure referring to when it talks about "the sign"?
(a) The princess being discovered.
(b) The Bones' showing up in Barrelhaven.
(c) Phoney's campaign balloon.
(d) A meteor shower.
5. Who do the rat creatures say they are looking for in Book 6, Chapter 1?
(a) The princess.
(b) The red dragon.
(c) The rat king.
(d) The hooded figure.
6. Who is Briar?
(a) Gran'ma Ben's sister.
(b) Thorn's evil twin.
(c) Thorn's mother.
(d) Lucius' sister.
7. What are the city guards looking for in Book 8, Chapter 4?
(a) The Bone with the star.
(b) The person who stole the hay cart.
(c) The queen.
(d) The hooded figure.
8. What do Thorn and her party see when they leave the dragon burial ground?
(a) A troop of dragons.
(b) A barren wasteland.
(c) A large army of rat creatures.
(d) A greener, safer looking land.
9. What is the one thing Thorn remembers from the attack on her parents?
(a) Gran'ma Ben was not there.
(b) Lucius was evil.
(c) She did not have a nursemaid.
(d) The dragon was bad.
10. What decision do the villagers come to at the end of Book 7?
(a) To set off to the North.
(b) To head to Atheia.
(c) To return to Barrelhaven.
(d) To retreat to the dragon mountains.
11. Who/what attacks Fone and the others as they stand on a ledge in Book 5, Chapter 4?
(b) The black dragon.
(c) The hooded figure.
12. How does Smiley feel when the baby rat creature leaves with the other rat creatures?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is angry.
13. Who stops the villagers from stringing up Phoney in Book 6, Chapter 1?
(b) Gran'ma Ben.
14. How does Fone feel about naming the baby rat creature?
(a) He likes the idea.
(b) He doesn't really care.
(c) He is against it.
(d) It makes him sad.
15. What is Lucius accused of in Book 7, Chapter 4?
(a) Being a traitor.
(b) Being a witch.
(c) Being a spy.
(d) Being a locust in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 8, Chapter 5, what has Tarsil ordered to have done to Thorn when she is found?
2. Who does Gran'ma take Thorn to see when they enter the city?
3. What might happen if Thorn touches the Crown of Horns?
4. What happens to Smiley and Fone after exiting the cave?
5. Why do Thorn and Fone step into a ghost circle?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)