|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Briar?
(a) Thorn's evil twin.
(b) Gran'ma Ben's sister.
(c) Thorn's mother.
(d) Lucius' sister.
2. What does Briar tell Fone he has in him?
(a) A key.
(b) The Harvestar magic.
(c) A locust.
(d) The Veni-yan-cari.
3. What is the name given to the baby rat creature?
4. What are Phoney and Smiley looking for in Book 8, Chapter 6?
(a) A horse.
(b) The Harvestar Treasure.
(c) The second half of the map.
(d) A way to escape the city.
5. Who does Bartleby rescue from Briar in Book 7, Chapter 3?
(b) Gran'ma Ben.
6. What do Smiley and Fone see in the distance right before they reach the cave?
(a) Phoney coming to help them.
(b) Barrelhaven burning.
(c) Gran'ma Ben.
(d) Thorn being dragged away.
7. What are Gran'ma Ben and Phoney discussing in Chapter 4?
(a) The dream realm.
(b) The plan of attack on the rat creatures.
(c) The prophecy.
8. What does Thorn use her Veni-yan-cari abilities for in Book 7, Chapter 1?
(a) To avoid the ghost circles.
(b) To destroy Kingdok.
(c) To read the Locust King's mind.
(d) To see the future.
9. Why do Thorn and Fone step into a ghost circle?
(a) They are desperate for food.
(b) They do not see it.
(c) They are hiding from the rat creatures.
(d) They are leading Roque Ja into a trap.
10. What new goal does Phoney have in Book 8, Chapter 5?
(a) Ruling the rat creatures.
(b) Being a guard.
(c) Being a Veni-yan-cari.
(d) Being king of Atheia.
11. Where are Thorn, Smiley, and Fone at the start of Book 6, Chapter 2?
(a) At the farmhouse.
(b) In the cave.
(c) In a tree.
(d) On the road.
12. Who do the rat creatures say they are looking for in Book 6, Chapter 1?
(a) The hooded figure.
(b) The rat king.
(c) The princess.
(d) The red dragon.
13. What happens to Smiley and Fone after exiting the cave?
(a) They see the future.
(b) They pass out.
(c) They get sick.
(d) They hallucinate.
14. What does the sacred ground of the dragon burial grounds do for Thorn?
(a) Gives her super strength.
(b) Endows her with immortality.
(c) Helps her recover from her illness.
(d) Helps her Veni-yan-cari abilities grow in power.
15. Who is Thorn looking for at the end of Book 6, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ted agree to do for Smiley and Fone at the start of Book 6?
2. What is the penalty for trespassing in the dragon burial grounds?
3. What is Lucius accused of in Book 7, Chapter 4?
4. Who stops the villagers from stringing up Phoney in Book 6, Chapter 1?
5. What is Roque Ja?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)