|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Thorn and Gran'ma Ben see being arrested in Book 8, Chapter 6?
2. What is the one thing Thorn remembers from the attack on her parents?
(a) The dragon was bad.
(b) She did not have a nursemaid.
(c) Lucius was evil.
(d) Gran'ma Ben was not there.
3. Who do not trust Lucius at the start of Book 8?
(a) The villagers.
(b) The Bones'.
(c) The holy men.
(d) The dragons.
4. Who/what attacks Fone and the others as they stand on a ledge in Book 5, Chapter 4?
(c) The hooded figure.
(d) The black dragon.
5. What do Smiley and Fone see in the distance right before they reach the cave?
(a) Phoney coming to help them.
(b) Gran'ma Ben.
(c) Barrelhaven burning.
(d) Thorn being dragged away.
6. How does Fone save Thorn at the end of Book 6?
(a) By putting the Harvestar crest on her.
(b) By attacking the rat creatures.
(c) By fighting off Roque Ja.
(d) By giving her the sword and shield.
7. What are Phoney and Fone doing in the marketplace at the start of Book 8, Chapter 4?
(a) Listening to the local gossip.
(b) Finding out the local currency.
(c) Buying fruit for lunch.
(d) Scouting the city.
8. What are the rat creatures deathly afraid of?
(a) The Bones'.
(b) The dragons.
(c) The giant cats.
(d) The ghost circles.
9. Who is Thorn looking for at the end of Book 6, Chapter 1?
10. Who shows up right before Smiley and Fone are about to enter the cave?
(a) A wolf.
(b) Roque Ja.
(d) The hooded figure.
11. How is Briar destroyed in Book 6, Chapter 5?
(a) She is eaten by Roque Ja.
(b) She is sacrificed by the rat creatures.
(c) She is torn apart by locusts.
(d) She is attacked by the villagers.
12. What is the secret cave mentioned in Book 5, Chapter 3 really?
(a) A dungeon of a palace.
(b) An old rat creature temple.
(c) The entrance to the underworld.
(d) The lair of the black dragon.
13. Who stops the villagers from stringing up Phoney in Book 6, Chapter 1?
(c) Gran'ma Ben.
14. What is the hooded figure referring to when it talks about "the sign"?
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) The princess being discovered.
(c) Phoney's campaign balloon.
(d) The Bones' showing up in Barrelhaven.
15. What are the city guards looking for in Book 8, Chapter 4?
(a) The person who stole the hay cart.
(b) The hooded figure.
(c) The queen.
(d) The Bone with the star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roque Ja says he is going to take Fone and Smiley where?
2. What does Phoney use to sneak everyone into the city in Book 8, Chapter 1?
3. Why does the Locust King resurrect Briar?
4. What attacks Phoney and Fone in the marketplace?
5. What decision do the villagers come to at the end of Book 7?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)