|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gran'ma take Thorn to see when they enter the city?
(a) An old teacher.
(b) A Duke.
(c) An old nanny.
(d) The town magistrate.
2. What does the image of Briar try to do when it appears in Book 8, Chapter 2?
(a) Trick Fone.
(b) Kill Gran'ma Ben.
(c) Possess Thorn.
(d) Kidnap Phoney.
3. Who is the only person that can see Briar's image when it appears?
(b) Gran'ma Ben.
4. What are Phoney and Fone doing in the marketplace at the start of Book 8, Chapter 4?
(a) Buying fruit for lunch.
(b) Finding out the local currency.
(c) Scouting the city.
(d) Listening to the local gossip.
5. What scares away Fone's attackers in Book 5, Chapter 4?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) Roque Ja.
(c) The sound of the Harvestar crest falling to the ground.
(d) The baby rat creature.
6. What do Thorn and her party see when they leave the dragon burial ground?
(a) A greener, safer looking land.
(b) A barren wasteland.
(c) A large army of rat creatures.
(d) A troop of dragons.
7. What has Tarsil made it illegal to do in Atheia?
(a) Speak of the dragons.
(b) Speak of the Locust King.
(c) Speak of Briar.
(d) Speak of the Harvestars.
8. Who/what attacks Fone and the others as they stand on a ledge in Book 5, Chapter 4?
(a) The hooded figure.
(c) The black dragon.
9. What does Phoney use to sneak everyone into the city in Book 8, Chapter 1?
(a) A cart of hay.
(b) A covered wagon.
(c) Cow costumes.
10. Where does Fone think they should go in Book 6, Chapter 4?
(a) To Barrelhaven.
(b) To Boneville.
(c) To the shore.
(d) To the Old Man's Cave.
11. How does Fone save Thorn at the end of Book 6?
(a) By putting the Harvestar crest on her.
(b) By attacking the rat creatures.
(c) By fighting off Roque Ja.
(d) By giving her the sword and shield.
12. Who do the rat creatures say they are looking for in Book 6, Chapter 1?
(a) The rat king.
(b) The red dragon.
(c) The hooded figure.
(d) The princess.
13. What does Briar tell Fone he has in him?
(a) The Veni-yan-cari.
(b) A locust.
(c) The Harvestar magic.
(d) A key.
14. What message do the holy men bring to Thorn?
(a) She must go to the Old Man's Cave.
(b) She must go to the dragon boneyard.
(c) She must go to Boneville.
(d) She must head up to the mountain.
15. What is Roque Ja?
(a) A rat creature.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A giant cat.
(d) A Veni-yan-cari.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 8, Chapter 5, what has Tarsil ordered to have done to Thorn when she is found?
2. Who is the hooded figure trying to sacrifice in Book 6, Chapter 5?
3. Where are Thorn, Smiley, and Fone at the start of Book 6, Chapter 2?
4. What happens when Fone and Thorn step into the ghost circle?
5. What is the hooded figure referring to when it talks about "the sign"?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)