|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the villagers blame for their misfortunes in Book 3, Chapter 8?
(a) The dragons.
2. Who tells Gran'ma Ben that they believe in her in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. Why does Thorn get angry in Book 4, Chapter 3?
(a) Because the rats injured Gran'ma.
(b) Because Gran'ma has kept so much from her.
(c) Because the dragon did not come save them.
(d) Because Fone is asking too many questions.
4. What do the villagers find when they go searching for Fone in Book 4, Chapter 2?
(a) A rat tooth.
(b) The map.
5. Who names the baby rat creature?
6. Who or what interrupts in the cow race in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) Rat creatures.
(c) A dragon.
7. Why is Fone missing right before the races are going to start in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) He is giving Gran'ma Ben a pep talk.
(b) He forgot about the races.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He is being chased by rat creatures.
8. What does Lucius need to do for Phoney to call off the bet in Book 4, Chapter 1?
(a) Tell all the villagers how great Phoney is.
(b) Release Phoney from his debt.
(c) Say that dragons exist.
(d) Give Phoney his tavern.
9. What is Thorn doing at the start of Book 3, Chapter 1?
10. Where are the cousins when they find a map?
(b) An island.
(c) The desert.
(d) The forest.
11. Where is it that Fone meets Thorn for the first time?
(a) In town.
(b) By a brook.
(c) At the ocean shore.
(d) Deep in the forest.
12. What is attacking Gran'ma Ben's house in the start of Book 1, Chapter 5?
(b) Rat creatures.
(c) Evil crows.
13. In Book 2, Chapter 2, what are the odds of Gran'ma Ben winning the cow races?
(a) 4 to 1.
(b) 20 to 1.
(c) 80 to 1.
(d) 100 to 1.
14. How does Thorn react to the baby rat creature in Book 4, Chapter 4?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She feels pity.
15. Who claims to be a dragon-slayer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is against the villagers handing their food over to Phoney?
2. Who stops the villagers from stringing up Phoney in Barrelhaven?
3. What is Phoney doing in the tavern at the start of Book 1, Chapter 6?
4. In Book 2, Chapter 5 Phoney is tied to a stick covered in what?
5. Who tries to talk Phoney out of his betting plan in Book 2?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)