|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny's attorney tell him about the indictment proceedings?
2. What excuse does Al use to leave his conversation with Tommy in Chapter 26?
3. What does Cheryl do when she learns about Tommy and Stephanie's affair?
4. What are Harvey and Victor looking at in Chapter 36?
5. Who does Danny tell Tommy to ask for when he calls the lawyer's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is causing Harvey to be in a bad mood in Chapter 23?
2. How does Cheryl respond to learning of Tommy's affair with Stephanie in Chapter 30?
3. Where does Harvey go in Chapter 24 and why?
4. How does Al approach Tommy at the Pink Teacup in Chapter 26, and what causes Tommy to be sick?
5. What pact is made between Tommy and the chef in Chapter 29?
6. What is the connection between the Prologue and Harvey's murder in Chapter 38?
7. What is the purpose of Al's visit with Charlie in Chapter 25?
8. What does Al say to try and convince Raymond that his case is going well in Chapter 37?
9. Which piece of information does Al give to Danny in Chapter 25, and what decision does it lead to?
10. Why does Tommy become sick again while talking to Al in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The police's role in Bone in the Throat have been categorized as antagonistic by some observers.
1) Describe why the police are viewed as antagonistic, using three examples to support your analysis.
2) Explain which characters in particular are the most antagonistic and why.
3) Debate whether or not the police were intentionally designed to be antagonistic by Bourdain, or if their actions have been misinterpreted.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the styles of Sally and Skinny in committing murder, using a number of examples from the book as a reference. In your comparison, include the difference in both characters' reputations and positions within the mob organization.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the purpose of the Prologue in Bone in the Throat by explaining how it is presented, the information it delivers, and the way it is connected with the rest of the book. Also, provide an analysis of why Bourdain chose this point of the story to begin the book.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)