|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harvey get drugs from in Chapter 24?
2. What does Skinny tell Sally to do with his clothes at the end of Chapter 33?
3. Who is with Harvey as he is being hit and threatened in Chapter 38?
4. How much does Tommy tell Cheryl about his situation in Chapter 30?
5. How far away from the restaurant is Harvey when he is pulled into Sally's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the chef meet with his mother in Chapter 21?
2. Why does Danny visit with his lawyer in Chapter 39, and how does the visit end?
3. What is the purpose of Al's visit with Charlie in Chapter 25?
4. How do Harvey and the staff of the restaurant differ in their opinion of the band in Chapter 31?
5. How does Cheryl respond to learning of Tommy's affair with Stephanie in Chapter 30?
6. What finally causes Tommy to decide to cooperate with the police against Sally in Chapter 35?
7. Why does Tommy become sick again while talking to Al in Chapter 34?
8. What does Al say to try and convince Raymond that his case is going well in Chapter 37?
9. What is the result of Tommy's talk with Danny in Chapter 28?
10. Where does Harvey go in Chapter 24 and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the styles of Sally and Skinny in committing murder, using a number of examples from the book as a reference. In your comparison, include the difference in both characters' reputations and positions within the mob organization.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the FBI's plan for arresting and convicting Sally, Charlie, and Danny, including how their plan changes throughout the book, and an analysis of its strengths and flaws.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of loyalty and the various ways that it is presented in Bone in the Throat.
1) Describe Tommy's loyalty to Sally, how it begins, how it is altered, and why it is ultimately dissolved.
2) Explain Tommy's pact with the chef and why it is a significant part of the story's conclusion.
3) Analyze the loyalty between Tommy and the chef as compared to the loyalty between Sally and the mob.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)