|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Al and Raymond planning to tell Harvey to borrow money from?
(c) Sally's competitors.
(d) A bank.
2. What drug does the chef offer to Tommy in Chapter 15?
3. What is the response from the police officers to the murder?
(a) They don't joke about it or treat it as another homicide.
(b) They joke about it, but they treat it as another homicide.
(c) They don't joke about it, but they treat it as another homicide.
(d) They joke about it and they do not treat it as another homicide.
4. What is Skinny wearing after the murder takes place in Chapter 11?
(a) Only an overcoat.
(b) An apron and gloves.
(c) An overcoat and gloves.
(d) Only an apron.
5. What does Tommy hate about the Count's Villa Nova Restaurant?
(a) The food, the people, and the Count.
(b) Only the food and the people.
(c) Only the food.
(d) Only the people and the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Al think the key to bringing Sally down is?
2. How does Tommy initially respond to Sally's request in Chapter 9?
3. What is Tommy's position at the restaurant?
4. When does Sally want Harvey to pay him the money to avoid the consequences?
5. As reported by Al in Chapter 16, what type of television programming does Sally like to watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sally threaten Harvey in Chapter 2?
2. How does Harvey respond to the incident with Sally in Chapter 3?
3. What happens when the chef brings drugs back to the restaurant in Chapter 15?
4. What do Al and Harvey talk about in Chapter 4?
5. What is Sally discussing with Harvey in Chapter 2 and how does Harvey explain himself?
6. What does Al inform Raymond of in Chapter 5?
7. How do the guests arrive at the restaurant in Chapter 11 and what is Tommy's state of mind?
8. How does the chef react to withdrawal in Chapter 8?
9. What favor does Sally ask Tommy for in Chapter 9 and what is Tommy's answer?
10. What causes the chef to get help for his drug problem in Chapter 18 and how is it delayed?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)