|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Al and Raymond planning to tell Harvey to borrow money in Chapter 5?
(a) To cause Sally to leave town.
(b) To cause Sally to stop talking to Harvey.
(c) To cause Sally to make a mistake.
(d) To cause Sally to confess.
2. Where are Tommy and the chef when Sally sees them in Chapter 1?
(a) In the alley of the restaurant.
(b) Across the street from the restaurant.
(c) Inside of the restaurant.
(d) Outside of the restaurant.
3. How does Tommy initially respond to Sally's request in Chapter 9?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He tells Sally that he will think about it.
(c) He tells Sally that he needs to ask Harvey.
(d) He refuses.
4. Based on the information that Al provides, who has been looking for Freddy since the night he disappeared?
(a) No one.
(d) The police.
5. What is the response from the police officers to the murder?
(a) They don't joke about it or treat it as another homicide.
(b) They don't joke about it, but they treat it as another homicide.
(c) They joke about it and they do not treat it as another homicide.
(d) They joke about it, but they treat it as another homicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant does Tommy work at?
2. How does Sally feel about the food served at the restaurant where Tommy works?
3. What drug does the chef offer to Tommy in Chapter 15?
4. What is Sally Wig's actual name?
5. Based on the coroner's report, who do the different groups of law enforcers say is to blame for the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake do the police officers make in Chapter 7 and why?
2. What happened to Tommy's father?
3. What deal does Harvey negotiate in Chapter 12?
4. What does Al inform Raymond of in Chapter 5?
5. What do Al and Harvey talk about in Chapter 4?
6. How does Harvey respond to the incident with Sally in Chapter 3?
7. How does the chef try to get away from the police in Chapter 7 and what happens to him?
8. How do the guests arrive at the restaurant in Chapter 11 and what is Tommy's state of mind?
9. How does Sally threaten Harvey in Chapter 2?
10. How does the chef react to withdrawal in Chapter 8?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)