|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond think about Harvey considering the restaurant to be his own?
(a) He thinks it makes his role seem more realistic.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He doesn't like it.
(d) He thinks it makes his role seem less realistic.
2. Which restaurant employee is referred to as "chef"?
3. What is the chef addicted to?
4. Where is Tommy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Outside of the restaurant.
(b) The dining area of the restaurant.
(c) The kitchen of the restaurant.
(d) On the roof of the restaurant.
5. What does the chef tell Tommy when he returns to the restaurant in Chapter 8?
(a) That they were out of drugs.
(b) That he has been robbed.
(c) That he lost the drugs.
(d) That he was caught by the police.
6. How does the chef know that someone has used his expensive knife in Chapter 8?
(a) The knife is missing.
(b) The knife is dull.
(c) The knife's handle is broken.
(d) The knife is nicked.
7. Where are Tommy and the chef when Sally sees them in Chapter 1?
(a) Inside of the restaurant.
(b) Outside of the restaurant.
(c) Across the street from the restaurant.
(d) In the alley of the restaurant.
8. Based on the information that Al provides, who has been looking for Freddy since the night he disappeared?
(b) The police.
(d) No one.
9. Why are Al and Raymond planning to tell Harvey to borrow money in Chapter 5?
(a) To cause Sally to make a mistake.
(b) To cause Sally to leave town.
(c) To cause Sally to stop talking to Harvey.
(d) To cause Sally to confess.
10. Why does Tommy call Harvey at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) To ask how to contact Al.
(b) To warn him about Sally.
(c) To warn him about Skinny.
(d) To call in sick.
11. What is Tommy's last name in the story?
12. What does Tommy give to the chef before he leaves the restaurant in Chapter 6?
(a) A gun.
13. What did Sally do for Tommy?
(a) He lent him money to move.
(b) He gave him a car.
(c) He got him the job at the restaraunt.
(d) He paid off his debts.
14. What is the response from the police officers to the murder?
(a) They joke about it, but they treat it as another homicide.
(b) They don't joke about it, but they treat it as another homicide.
(c) They joke about it and they do not treat it as another homicide.
(d) They don't joke about it or treat it as another homicide.
15. What is happening to the chef in Chapter 15?
(a) He is showing up late for work.
(b) He is going through withdrawal.
(c) He is forgetting things.
(d) He is passing out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harvey offer Al to substantiate what he is saying in Chapter 17?
2. How long is the chef told he will have to wait to get on the Methadone program in Chapter 18?
3. How many days has a van been following Tommy in Chapter 20?
4. Who is Al talking to in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Al request more time from Raymond in Chapter 5?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)