|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harvey claim that he cannot pay Sally in Chapter 2?
(a) He thinks he has paid enough.
(b) He had to give Tommy a substantial raise.
(c) He does not approve of the way the money is being used.
(d) Business is slow.
2. According to Al in Chapter 16, what type of pictures did the detectives get at the restaurant after hours?
(a) People entering, but not leaving.
(b) People entering and leaving.
(c) People leaving, but not entering.
(d) Neither people entering nor leaving.
3. What is happening to the chef in Chapter 15?
(a) He is showing up late for work.
(b) He is passing out.
(c) He is forgetting things.
(d) He is going through withdrawal.
4. How does the chef plan to get money to buy more drugs in Chapter 8?
(a) By robbing Tommy.
(b) By robbing Harvey.
(c) By asking for an advance from Harvey.
(d) By working for the police.
5. Based on the coroner's report, who do the different groups of law enforcers say is to blame for the murder?
(d) No one.
6. What movie does Sally ask Harvey if he has seen as he is leaving?
(b) The Untouchables.
(c) The Godfather.
7. What condition(s) do the men have in dealing with Harvey in Chapter 12?
(a) He doesn't tell Sally and they get paid first.
(b) He doesn't tell Sally or Tommy.
(c) He doesn't tell Sally or Tommy, and they get paid first.
(d) He doesn't tell Tommy and they get paid first.
8. What reason does Tommy give to the chef after declining to join him in getting drugs later in Chapter 8?
(a) He already has plans.
(b) It is free to get drunk.
(c) It is faster to get drunk.
(d) He does not want to get arrested.
9. What is Skinny doing as he and Sally drive away from the restaurant after Freddy's murder?
10. Who arrives at the restaurant first in Chapter 11?
11. How does Tommy initially respond to Sally's request in Chapter 9?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He tells Sally that he needs to ask Harvey.
(d) He tells Sally that he will think about it.
12. What does Harvey offer Al to substantiate what he is saying in Chapter 17?
(a) A written log.
(b) A tape.
(c) A receipt.
(d) A picture.
13. What does Tommy hate about the Count's Villa Nova Restaurant?
(a) Only the food and the people.
(b) Only the people and the Count.
(c) Only the food.
(d) The food, the people, and the Count.
14. What did Tommy sell for Sally during the last favor he did for him?
15. As reported by Al in Chapter 16, what type of television programming does Sally like to watch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sally and Freddy doing when they arrive at the restaurant?
2. How many rounds does Sally fire into Freddy's head after introducing him to Tommy?
3. What did Sally do for Tommy?
4. What does Raymond think about Harvey considering the restaurant to be his own?
5. Why do the police officers want to catch Tommy doing something illegal?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)