|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of gaps does Charlie tell Finn that Bone Gap has in "The Ballad of Charlie Valentine"?
2. Who or what helps to deliver Roza, Rus, and Finn from one world to the next in "Slaughter"?
3. Who appears to be in the mirror's reflection in the House of Mirrors in "The Fields"?
4. How does Honorata seem to feel toward Roza, according to the narrative in "No One Is Fine"?
5. When Roza talks to him in the kitchen, Miguel appears to be what, in "The Lamb"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "Blindside," why is Petey so upset?
2. In the chapter entitled "Slaughter," why does Roza slice her face?
3. In the chapter entitled "The Ballad of Charlie Valentine," why does Charlie not want his great-grandchildren around?
4. In the chapter entitled "The Whole Picture," how does Petey justify to herself that she snoops around Finn's room?
5. In the chapter entitled "The Fields," what events and elements seem as if they might be fantasy and not real (which is characteristic of magical realism, the genre of this novel)?
6. In the chapter entitled "Questions," what did the hospital staff do to help Finn after his accident?
7. In the chapter entitled "Questions," when he is in the hospital and on medication, why does Finn think that Sean hates him?
8. In the chapter entitled "Sunrise," what is Finn surprised that Roza knows about him?
9. In the chapter entitled "The Lamb," how does Roza end up in the O'Sullivan's barn?
10. In the chapter entitled "The Lamb," what character traits does Roza exemplify?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did the Scare Crow kidnap Roza? Why does he keep her in captivity? What leads to her escape?
Essay Topic 2
Who or what is the antagonist in Bone Gap? How can this be determined?
Essay Topic 3
What are 2-3 themes, which are central concepts or lessons that can be learned about life, people, or society, that are present in Bone Gap?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)