|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been a clue that Sean liked Roza, according to the narrator in "The Dead"?
2. How does the kidnapper surprise Roza in "The Lamb"?
3. Why is a crowd of people from Bone Gap gathered around the O'Sullivan household in "Sunrise"?
4. Who tells Petey that the fries are "real crispy today" in "Crows"?
5. Roza knows that Finn likes whom, according to the narrator in "Sidetracked"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "The Whole Picture," how does Petey justify to herself that she snoops around Finn's room?
2. In the chapter entitled "The Dead," what character traits does the kidnapper display?
3. In the chapter entitled "Slaughter," why does Roza slice her face?
4. In the chapter entitled "Sunrise," what is Finn surprised that Roza knows about him?
5. In the chapter entitled "The Whole Picture," what has Petey discovered, she thinks, about Finn?
6. In the chapter entitled "Punched," why might Finn not have told Sean about his facial blindness condition?
7. In the chapter entitled "Questions," what did the hospital staff do to help Finn after his accident?
8. In the chapter entitled "The Fields," what events and elements seem as if they might be fantasy and not real (which is characteristic of magical realism, the genre of this novel)?
9. In the chapter entitled "Sidetracked," how did Finn get hurt?
10. In the chapter entitled "Sunrise," for what reason does Petey think that Finn and Sean's yard has been littered and vandalized with toilet paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With which event in Bone Gap can you relate the most? How so?
Essay Topic 2
How do the people of Bone Gap, Illinois, change, as a group, from the beginning to the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Who or what is the antagonist in Bone Gap? How can this be determined?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)