|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roza inform Sean about in "Sunrise"?
2. Who tells Finn that it is difficult to understand why people choose to do things that are hardest for them in "The Fields"?
3. Who does Roza think she sees in the kitchen in "The Lamb"?
4. Why does Finn run out of the diner in "Sidetracked"?
5. What does Charlie call the man who kidnapped Roza?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "The Whole Picture," what has Petey discovered, she thinks, about Finn?
2. In the chapter entitled "No One Is Fine," why had her botany professor offered her a ride?
3. In the chapter entitled "Sidetracked," how did Finn feel when he was waiting at the Chat 'n' Chew for Petey?
4. In the chapter entitled "The Lamb," how is the corn personified?
5. In the chapter entitled "The Ballad of Charlie Valentine," what effect does Charlie say that Roza had on the people of Bone Gap?
6. In the chapter entitled "Blindside," how does Finn react to finding out he is probably face blind?
7. In the chapter entitled "Sunrise," what is Finn surprised that Roza knows about him?
8. In the chapter entitled "Questions," when he is in the hospital and on medication, why does Finn think that Sean hates him?
9. In the chapter entitled "The Whole Picture," how does Petey justify to herself that she snoops around Finn's room?
10. In the chapter entitled "The Ballad of Charlie Valentine," why does Charlie not want his great-grandchildren around?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Sean seem to be affected by his father's death and his mother leaving? How did these events seem to affect Finn?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Petey Willis similar to a queen bee? (Use information that the book provides about bee colonies and queen bees to answer this question.)
Essay Topic 3
What is the main conflict in Bone Gap? Explain why the conflict is the main one.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)