|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is possibly Finn's dinner entree in "Questions"?
2. Roza knows that Finn likes whom, according to the narrator in "Sidetracked"?
3. Who does Roza think she sees in the kitchen in "The Lamb"?
4. By whom does Roza want her face fixed in "Sunrise"?
5. Why is Finn looking through photos in "Punched"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "Blindside," why is Petey so upset?
2. In the chapter entitled "The Ballad of Charlie Valentine," why does Charlie not want his great-grandchildren around?
3. In the chapter entitled "The Fields," why might Finn hear all the negative voices in his head?
4. In the chapter entitled "The Lamb," how does Roza end up in the O'Sullivan's barn?
5. In the chapter entitled "Sidetracked," why had Roza said that Petey was "fierce like queen"?
6. In the chapter entitled "Sidetracked," how did Finn feel when he was waiting at the Chat 'n' Chew for Petey?
7. In the chapter entitled "Sidetracked," how did Finn get hurt?
8. In the chapter entitled "No One Is Fine," why had her botany professor offered her a ride?
9. In the chapter entitled "Slaughter," what does the icy-eyed man tell Finn after he finds Roza?
10. In the chapter entitled "Crows," what do the people at the cafe seem to think about Finn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sometimes people speak of bee colonies as having a "hive mind," which means that all the bees think alike and act together, instead of as individuals. How could you apply this analogy to the people of Bone Gap? How do the people of Bone Gap seem to act is if they have a "hive mind"?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the corn in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the effect of chapters in Bone Gap being written in the third-person perspective of different characters in the novel? How does this influence our understanding of the story?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)