|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Roza's behavior on her first plane flight?
2. Which word best describes Sean's reaction to the new goat in "Sees the Fire"?
3. Why had Babcia saved zlotys, according to the narrator in "Storming the Castle"?
4. Which word best describes how Finn seems to feel about Roza's disappearance?
5. What might it indicate about Mrs. Lonogan that she refers to the internet as the "World Wide Web"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "Lost," why does Finn want to keep kissing Petey?
2. In the chapter entitled "Storming the Castle," why is Roza so confused when she wakes up at the beginning of the chapter?
3. In the first chapter, entitled "The People of Bone Gap," what do we learn about Finn?
4. In the chapter entitled "Storming the Castle," what made it seem as if Roza's grandmother, Babcia, wanted Roza to have a better life than she (Babcia) did?
5. In the chapter entitled "Run," why does Roza edge away from the fireplace and the painting that hung over it?
6. In the chapter entitled "Lost," how does Mel seem to feel about Finn?
7. In the chapter entitled "The Night Mare," when Petey says, "No one wants to be saddled with a name they don't like," how is that a clever play on words?
8. In the chapter entitled "Showdown," why might Finn be OK with the Rude brothers surrounding him and punching him?
9. In the chapter entitled "Good for You," what character traits does Sean display?
10. In the chapter entitled "The Promise Ring," why had Sean gotten Roza a promise ring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bone Gap has many interesting and thought-provoking scenes. Which scene or event in the novel makes you think deeply or changes your perspective on something? Which scene is it? How does it affect you?
Essay Topic 2
In which ways does Finn appear to develop as a person and change from the beginning of the novel until its end? Which single event seemed to change Finn the most? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why might the title of the novel be Bone Gap?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)