|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finn and Petey's horse ride includes what journey in "Sees the Fire"?
2. What other weird things have happened regarding Finn and Sean's barn besides the horse showing up there?
3. The phrase "piñata of bees" is an example of what literary device?
4. What might it indicate about Mrs. Lonogan that she refers to the internet as the "World Wide Web"?
5. Why is Sean knowledgeable about how to fix Roza's injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "Storming the Castle," what made it seem as if Roza's grandmother, Babcia, wanted Roza to have a better life than she (Babcia) did?
2. In the chapter entitled "The Night Mare," what is Petey's opinion on college application essay questions?
3. In the chapter entitled "Good for You," what has happened to Sean that makes it hard for him not to despise everyone?
4. In the chapter entitled "Just Like the Rest of Us," what seems to be an example of foreshadowing near the end of the chapter?
5. In the chapter entitled "The Night Mare," when Petey says, "No one wants to be saddled with a name they don't like," how is that a clever play on words?
6. In the chapter entitled "Jump," what might it mean about the man who kidnapped Roza that the man who kidnapped her also would clean up after her?
7. In the chapter entitled "Lost," how does Mel seem to feel about Finn?
8. In the chapter entitled "Roadkill," what information are we given about Roza's kidnapping?
9. In the chapter entitled "Run," why does Roza edge away from the fireplace and the painting that hung over it?
10. In the chapter entitled "Get Real," what is one of the difficulties that Petey has faced in her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With which event in Bone Gap can you relate the most? How so?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the Scare Crow kidnap Roza? Why does he keep her in captivity? What leads to her escape?
Essay Topic 3
What is the main conflict in Bone Gap? Explain why the conflict is the main one.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)