|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Finn unexpectedly encounter in Charlie Valentine's yard in "Lost"?
2. How does Roza develop her plan to escape in "Jump"?
3. How does Petey feel about the name Priscilla?
4. How do Charlie Valentine and Jonas Apple act about Finn's story of his unexpected encounter in "Lost"?
5. How do we know that Roza's escape attempt was not successful in the opening of "Storming the Castle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "Lost," why does Finn want to keep kissing Petey?
2. In the chapter entitled "Just Like the Rest of Us," what are some of the cultural misunderstandings about America that Roza has?
3. In the chapter entitled "Jump," what might it mean about the man who kidnapped Roza that the man who kidnapped her also would clean up after her?
4. In the chapter entitled "Sees the Fire," how could Sean and Finn's relationship be described?
5. In the first chapter, entitled "The People of Bone Gap," what do we learn about Finn?
6. In the chapter entitled "Lost," what details do we learn about Roza's kidnapper?
7. In the chapter entitled "The Night Mare," what are some of the character traits that Petey demonstrates?
8. In the chapter entitled "Just Like the Rest of Us," what seems to be an example of foreshadowing near the end of the chapter?
9. In the chapter entitled "The Night Mare," what is Petey's opinion on college application essay questions?
10. In the chapter entitled "Roadkill," what is Finn's reaction to the Rude brothers beating him up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sometimes people speak of bee colonies as having a "hive mind," which means that all the bees think alike and act together, instead of as individuals. How could you apply this analogy to the people of Bone Gap? How do the people of Bone Gap seem to act is if they have a "hive mind"?
Essay Topic 2
If you could change one part of the plot or one event in Bone Gap, what would it be? Why? What would you want to happen instead? How might this change affect the rest of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Petey Willis similar to a queen bee? (Use information that the book provides about bee colonies and queen bees to answer this question.)
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)