|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Roza as she is hanging by an unknown force in "Slaughter"?
(a) The Scare Crow.
(c) The visiting professor.
2. What does Roza decorate Rus with in "The Dead"?
3. Who tells Finn that it is difficult to understand why people choose to do things that are hardest for them in "The Fields"?
(a) Mrs. Lonogan.
(d) The Scare Crow.
4. How does Finn escape his despair in "Blindside"?
5. Who does Mel call after arriving at the O'Sullivan house in "The Whole Picture"?
(a) An orthodontist.
(b) Dr. Reed.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Finn looking through photos in "Punched"?
2. How does Honorata seem to feel toward Roza, according to the narrative in "No One Is Fine"?
3. What is one way in which Finn recognizes Miguel in the picture Petey shows him in "Blindside"?
4. How does Finn feel about his condition that he has just learned about in "Punched"?
5. What has Sean figured out in "Crows"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "Slaughter," why does Roza slice her face?
2. In the chapter entitled "Sidetracked," how did Finn get hurt?
3. In the chapter entitled "Punched," why might Finn not have told Sean about his facial blindness condition?
4. In the chapter entitled "The Fields," what events and elements seem as if they might be fantasy and not real (which is characteristic of magical realism, the genre of this novel)?
5. In the chapter entitled "Crows," why does Sean jog into the house?
6. In the chapter entitled "Crows," what do the people at the cafe seem to think about Finn?
7. In the chapter entitled "No One Is Fine," why had her botany professor offered her a ride?
8. In the chapter entitled "The Ballad of Charlie Valentine," why does Charlie not want his great-grandchildren around?
9. In the chapter entitled "The Lamb," what character traits does Roza exemplify?
10. In the chapter entitled "Sidetracked," what are some general character traits that the people of Bone Gap, Illinois, seem to have as a whole?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)