|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the bees become disoriented in "Lost"?
(a) Petey and Mel are unsure.
(b) They migrated too far west.
(c) Their colony now has 4 queens.
(d) The local farmers have sprayed a pesticide on their crops.
2. In what season is the chapter titled "Lost" set?
3. How do Petey's classmates and the townspeople (except for her close friends) act toward her after the party she was at with the farm boy?
4. Who does the narrator describe as being "gone" in "The People of Bone Gap"?
(a) The girl.
(b) Priscilla Willis.
(d) Charlie Valentine.
5. In the chapter titled "The Promise Ring," what literary device is predominant?
(b) Poetic devices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Amber Hass's attitude toward Petey?
2. Which word best describes how Finn seems to feel about Roza's disappearance?
3. What does Roza tuck in the folds of her gown in "Just Like the Rest of Us"?
4. Finn indicates that Miguel feels what emotion about seeing Amber Hass in "Lost"?
5. How do we know that Roza's escape attempt was not successful in the opening of "Storming the Castle"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "Good for You," what character traits does Sean display?
2. In the chapter entitled "Storming the Castle," why is Roza so confused when she wakes up at the beginning of the chapter?
3. In the chapter entitled "Roadkill," how is Sean characterized?
4. In the chapter entitled "The Promise Ring," why had Sean gotten Roza a promise ring?
5. In the chapter entitled "Get Real," what are some of the similarities between Petey and Finn?
6. In the chapter entitled "Just Like the Rest of Us," what are some of the cultural misunderstandings about America that Roza has?
7. In the chapter entitled "Showdown," why might Priscilla Willis refer to Finn as "Spaceman"?
8. In the chapter entitled "Good for You," what has happened to Sean that makes it hard for him not to despise everyone?
9. In the chapter entitled "Showdown," what does Mrs. Lonogan seem to think of the possibility of finding Roza?
10. In the chapter entitled "Get Real," what is one of the difficulties that Petey has faced in her life?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)