|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finn hear talking to him at times, according to the narrator in "Showdown"?
(a) A poltergeist.
(c) The corn.
(d) A goat.
2. What might it indicate about Mrs. Lonogan that she refers to the internet as the "World Wide Web"?
(a) She is extremely technologically savvy.
(b) She is insightful and sensitive.
(c) She is not up-to-date with technology.
(d) She is against the use of technology.
3. Why doesn't Roza leave the house as soon as the kidnapper leaves in "Run"?
(a) The doors to the outside and the windows will not open.
(b) The man had politely requested that Roza stay there.
(c) The house is in the middle of a desert, so there is nowhere she could go.
(d) Armed guards are standing watch outside the house.
4. Why is Sean knowledgeable about how to fix Roza's injuries?
(a) He has worked in a shelter for abused women.
(b) He is a medical doctor.
(c) He has worked in a pharmacy.
(d) He is an emergency medical technician.
5. Why had Babcia saved zlotys, according to the narrator in "Storming the Castle"?
(a) To use as a spice in her pecan pie.
(b) To go on a cruise.
(c) To give to Roza so she could travel.
(d) To be able to retire and be wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Finn looking for in the crowd at the showdown in "Showdown"?
2. Finn is most surprised that the horse being put in the barn was not heard by whom in "The Night Mare"?
3. How do we know that Roza's escape attempt was not successful in the opening of "Storming the Castle"?
4. Why do the bees become disoriented in "Lost"?
5. The phrase "piñata of bees" is an example of what literary device?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "The Night Mare," what are some of the character traits that Petey demonstrates?
2. In the chapter entitled "Sees the Fire," how could Sean and Finn's relationship be described?
3. In the chapter entitled "Get Real," what is one of the difficulties that Petey has faced in her life?
4. In the chapter entitled "Showdown," why might Finn be OK with the Rude brothers surrounding him and punching him?
5. In the chapter entitled "Lost," what details do we learn about Roza's kidnapper?
6. In the chapter entitled "The Night Mare," what is Petey's opinion on college application essay questions?
7. In the chapter entitled "Lost," how does Mel seem to feel about Finn?
8. In the chapter entitled "Roadkill," what is Finn's reaction to the Rude brothers beating him up?
9. In the chapter entitled "Lost," why does Finn want to keep kissing Petey?
10. In the chapter entitled "Sees the Fire," what might it reveal about Finn that he is surprised when Sean tells Finn that he will be going to college soon?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)