|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best characterizes the Rude boys?
2. Why might Sean have cleaned out Roza's room in "Roadkill"?
(a) He intensely disliked her.
(b) He needed the space to set up his art studio.
(c) He wanted to try to forget about her.
(d) He was in a hurry to rent it to other tenants.
3. What does Mrs. Lonogan seem to assume about Finn and his mother?
(a) That Finn is just like his mother.
(b) That Finn and his mother will never speak again.
(c) That it is Finn's fault that she left.
(d) That Finn wants her to come back home.
4. What might it indicate about Mrs. Lonogan that she refers to the internet as the "World Wide Web"?
(a) She is extremely technologically savvy.
(b) She is against the use of technology.
(c) She is insightful and sensitive.
(d) She is not up-to-date with technology.
5. What does Miguel think Finn should do in "Showdown"?
(a) Fight him over Amber Hass.
(b) Be an actor.
(c) Stare at people more.
(d) Be less shy with girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Finn gone into the barn when he discovered Roza?
2. How do we know that Roza's escape attempt was not successful in the opening of "Storming the Castle"?
3. In the chapter titled "The Promise Ring," what literary device is predominant?
4. How did Finn and Sean's father, Hugh, die?
5. How does Roza seem to feel toward Finn and Sean?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter entitled "Showdown," why might Finn be OK with the Rude brothers surrounding him and punching him?
2. In the chapter entitled "Get Real," what are some of the similarities between Petey and Finn?
3. In the chapter entitled "The Night Mare," when Petey says, "No one wants to be saddled with a name they don't like," how is that a clever play on words?
4. In the chapter entitled "The Promise Ring," why had Sean gotten Roza a promise ring?
5. In the chapter entitled "Sees the Fire," what might it reveal about Finn that he is surprised when Sean tells Finn that he will be going to college soon?
6. In the chapter entitled "Showdown," what does Mrs. Lonogan seem to think of the possibility of finding Roza?
7. In the chapter entitled "Lost," why does Finn want to keep kissing Petey?
8. In the chapter entitled "Run," why does Roza edge away from the fireplace and the painting that hung over it?
9. In the chapter entitled "Storming the Castle," why is Roza so confused when she wakes up at the beginning of the chapter?
10. In the chapter entitled "Sees the Fire," how could Sean and Finn's relationship be described?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)