|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie call the man who kidnapped Roza?
(b) The Scare Crow.
(c) The Gap Man.
(d) Dr. Valentine.
2. What other language besides English does the professor speak?
(d) Mandarin Chinese.
3. Why does Roza tell her kidnapper about her nightmares in "No One Is Fine"?
(a) So he will try to comfort her and get close to her.
(b) So he will feel sorry for her.
(c) So he will, possibly, tell her some of his nightmares as well.
(d) So he will give her more food.
4. Who does Roza think she sees in the kitchen in "The Lamb"?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
5. Why had Petey read a book called The Wife Store repeatedly according to the narrator in "The Whole Picture"?
(a) To earn a good grade on her social studies project.
(b) To see if the story changed.
(c) To read about her ancestors.
(d) Because she liked what happened in the story's plot.
6. What does Roza wish she had told Sean in "Slaughter"?
(a) That she was married and divorced in Poland.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she despises him.
(d) That she blames him for not coming to find her.
7. How does Finn escape his despair in "Blindside"?
8. How does Sean react when Finn punches him in the face in "Punched"?
9. In whom might Miguel be interested based on his behavior in "Sidetracked"?
(a) Amber Hass.
(b) Priscilla Willis.
(c) Mel Willis.
10. Why does Petey get angry in "Sidetracked"?
(a) Finn could have hurt himself.
(b) The waitress at the cafe was laughing at her.
(c) Finn stole her moped.
(d) Her mother made a rude remark.
11. According to Miguel in "The Fields," what is the purpose of the scarecrows?
(a) To serve as a gateway to the other world.
(b) To scare the corn.
(c) To scare him and Finn.
(d) To scare the birds.
12. What does the icy-eyed man collect, according to the narrator in "Slaughter"?
(a) Old books.
(d) Snail figurines.
13. What does Roza inform Sean about in "Sunrise"?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That she is helping the Chat 'n' Chew with their renovations.
(c) That she left because she wanted to get away from him.
(d) That she is moving in with him immediately.
14. Why is a crowd of people from Bone Gap gathered around the O'Sullivan household in "Sunrise"?
(a) They have nowhere to go now that the Chat 'n' Chew has closed.
(b) They are waiting for Finn (and hopefully Roza) to return.
(c) They are angry at Finn for how he used and dumped Petey.
(d) They want to know where Did is.
15. What is possibly Finn's dinner entree in "Questions"?
(b) Roast chicken.
(c) Meat loaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mel call after arriving at the O'Sullivan house in "The Whole Picture"?
2. Jonas says that Finn is a "few Fruit Loops short of a full bowl" in the chapter "Crows." What is that an example of?
3. What gift does the visiting professor give to Roza in the flashback in "No One Is Fine"?
4. Who tells Petey that the fries are "real crispy today" in "Crows"?
5. What does the kidnapper do that is a bit unusual for him in "The Lamb"?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)