|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roza wakes up in a room that is described how in "The Lamb"?
(a) In a log cabin.
(d) Totally unfamiliar.
2. How does Sean act toward Roza after he and Finn find her in the barn in "The Lamb"?
3. What other language besides English does the professor speak?
(d) Mandarin Chinese.
4. What does Petey have to take to the cafe in "Crows"?
(a) Honey and cookies.
(b) Bread and sugar.
(c) Cups and a waffle iron.
(d) Lard and tomatoes.
5. Why does Roza tell her kidnapper about her nightmares in "No One Is Fine"?
(a) So he will, possibly, tell her some of his nightmares as well.
(b) So he will feel sorry for her.
(c) So he will try to comfort her and get close to her.
(d) So he will give her more food.
6. What does Roza plan to do after her return in "Sunrise"?
(a) Become a waitress (and cook, when needed) at the Chat 'n' Chew.
(b) Move to Boston in two weeks to study botany.
(c) Start a foundation to help kidnapped youth.
(d) Go to Poland to see her grandmother and then come back to Bone Gap.
7. How does Finn get to the diner in "Sidetracked"?
(a) He walks.
(b) He rides his horse.
(c) He gets a ride with Derek Rude.
(d) He skates.
8. Why is the blanket important to Petey, according to the narrator in "Crows"?
(a) It was given to her by her father.
(b) It is what she uses to calm the bees.
(c) It reminds her of time with Finn.
(d) It reminds her of watching cartoons as a kid.
9. Where does Sean take Finn in "Sidetracked"?
(a) A mental institution.
10. Who does Roza think she sees in the kitchen in "The Lamb"?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
11. What has Sean figured out in "Crows"?
(a) He is going to Oregon to find his mother.
(b) He wants to marry Mel Willis.
(c) He was wrong about a lot of things.
(d) He knows where Roza is.
12. What gift does the visiting professor give to Roza in the flashback in "No One Is Fine"?
(a) A parakeet.
(b) A rose bush.
(c) A small carved dog.
(d) A hymnal that was his great-great grandfather's.
13. What does the woman with the bright pink mohawk tell Finn in "The Fields"?
(a) "You'll never believe her."
(b) "You may or may not find her."
(c) "Ham biscuits are on sale--today only."
(d) "You'll never find her."
14. How does the kidnapper get Roza to come with her at the festival in "The Dead"?
(a) He threatens to kill Sean and Finn.
(b) He threatens to kill her grandmother.
(c) He threatens to kill her.
(d) He threatens to kill Otto.
15. Why had Petey read a book called The Wife Store repeatedly according to the narrator in "The Whole Picture"?
(a) To read about her ancestors.
(b) Because she liked what happened in the story's plot.
(c) To earn a good grade on her social studies project.
(d) To see if the story changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roza talks to him in the kitchen, Miguel appears to be what, in "The Lamb"?
2. Petey does not want people to know that she is what, according to the narrator in "The Whole Picture"?
3. What does Roza inform Sean about in "Sunrise"?
4. What does Roza decorate Rus with in "The Dead"?
5. What does the icy-eyed man collect, according to the narrator in "Slaughter"?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)