|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Finn really want to sit in the back of the diner with Petey, according to the narrator in "Sunrise"?
(a) He wanted to share personal information about his childhood with her.
(b) He wanted to leave room for Jonas Apple to join them.
(c) He didn't want people talking about them.
(d) He didn't like seeing their food being prepared.
2. How does Darla know that Finn rides horses at night in "Sidetracked"?
(a) She heard it.
(b) She has seen him riding.
(c) Finn asked Darla if she wanted to ride.
(d) Petey told her.
3. What does Roza plan to do after her return in "Sunrise"?
(a) Become a waitress (and cook, when needed) at the Chat 'n' Chew.
(b) Start a foundation to help kidnapped youth.
(c) Go to Poland to see her grandmother and then come back to Bone Gap.
(d) Move to Boston in two weeks to study botany.
4. How does Finn escape his despair in "Blindside"?
5. How does the kidnapper surprise Roza in "The Lamb"?
(a) He tells her she is free to leave.
(b) He gives her a lamb.
(c) He tells her they are moving immediately.
(d) He gives her a model of her hometown.
6. Why do Mel and Petey go to the O'Sullivan house in "The Whole Picture"?
(a) To return Calamity.
(b) To return the horse.
(c) To see what's going on with the bee colony there.
(d) To check on it while Sean and Finn are on vacation.
7. What does the woman with the bright pink mohawk tell Finn in "The Fields"?
(a) "You'll never believe her."
(b) "You may or may not find her."
(c) "Ham biscuits are on sale--today only."
(d) "You'll never find her."
8. Who tells Petey that the fries are "real crispy today" in "Crows"?
(b) Jonas Apple.
(c) Derek Rude.
9. After going back to and leaving his house again, what does Finn trust to guide him in "The Fields"?
(a) Calamity Jane.
(c) The corn.
(d) Petey's dog.
10. Why might Finn have trouble distinguishing between reality and fantasy in "Questions"?
(b) Mental illness.
(d) Metabolic disorder.
11. Who appears to be in the mirror's reflection in the House of Mirrors in "The Fields"?
(b) Charlie Valentine.
12. How does the kidnapper react when Roza threatens to kill herself?
(a) He offers to help her.
(b) He laughs and pleads with her not to.
(c) He begins sobbing uncontrollably.
(d) He laughs and tells her that it is "all the same" to him.
13. What does Charlie call the man who kidnapped Roza?
(a) The Gap Man.
(b) Dr. Valentine.
(c) The Scare Crow.
14. What is Petey surprised that she does not find in Finn's room in "The Whole Picture"?
(c) Pictures of people.
(d) A large collection of baseball caps.
15. Roza wakes up in a room that is described how in "The Lamb"?
(b) Totally unfamiliar.
(d) In a log cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is possibly Finn's dinner entree in "Questions"?
2. When Roza talks to him in the kitchen, Miguel appears to be what, in "The Lamb"?
3. What does Finn bring to Petey in "Blindside"?
4. How does Honorata seem to feel toward Roza, according to the narrative in "No One Is Fine"?
5. What are the girls drinking in Roza's dream in "No One Is Fine"?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)