|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator describe as being "gone" in "The People of Bone Gap"?
(a) The girl.
(b) Priscilla Willis.
(c) Charlie Valentine.
2. Which word best describes Roza's behavior on her first plane flight?
3. What does Finn get from Charlie Valentine in "Roadkill"?
(d) A newspaper.
4. Which word best characterizes the Rude boys?
5. Which word best describes Sean's reaction to the new goat in "Sees the Fire"?
6. How does the reader know that Roza was uncomfortable and probably scared about going to the hospital after she appeared in the barn?
(a) She repeatedly shook her head
(b) She started shaking once she and Sean reached the hospital's emergency room.
(c) She had had bad experiences at a hospital before.
(d) She said "no" every time Sean mentioned the hospital.
7. Why had Babcia saved zlotys, according to the narrator in "Storming the Castle"?
(a) To use as a spice in her pecan pie.
(b) To be able to retire and be wealthy.
(c) To go on a cruise.
(d) To give to Roza so she could travel.
8. Which word best describes how Roza reacts when Sean cuts his finger in "Good for You"?
9. What did Finn think had happened to Roza when he first discovered her in the barn?
(a) She had tried to turn in an overdue library book.
(b) She had been reprimanded by her boss at work.
(c) Someone had beaten her up.
(d) She had fallen out of a helicopter.
10. How does Petey feel about the name Priscilla?
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She thinks it sounds beautiful.
11. What had Roza been studying when she was in college?
12. Which adjective best describes Roza's maid in "Storming the Castle"?
13. The phrase "piñata of bees" is an example of what literary device?
14. What does Roza tuck in the folds of her gown in "Just Like the Rest of Us"?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A knife.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A piece of cheese.
15. Why might Sean have cleaned out Roza's room in "Roadkill"?
(a) He intensely disliked her.
(b) He needed the space to set up his art studio.
(c) He was in a hurry to rent it to other tenants.
(d) He wanted to try to forget about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Sean and Finn's mother, Didi?
2. What does Roza use to break her fall in "Jump"?
3. In what season is the chapter titled "Lost" set?
4. When do the Rude boys attack Finn in "Roadkill"?
5. Sean tries hard not to be what, according to the narrator in "Good for You"?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)