|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mel laughs and changes the subject when Petey says which word in "Get Real"?
2. Read the following sentence: "So stoic was his expression, so even his tone, so bland his smile that his moods were difficult to discern, but Roza was learning them. Based on the context, what does "discern" mean?
3. In the chapter titled "The Promise Ring," what literary device is predominant?
(b) Poetic devices.
4. Which word best describes Sean's reaction to the new goat in "Sees the Fire"?
5. According to Mel, what trait describes Petey?
(a) A bully.
6. What might it indicate about Priscilla Willis that she is referred to as having a "sting worse than any bee"?
(a) She is tall.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She loves bees.
(d) She has health problems.
7. What does Mrs. Lonogan seem to assume about Finn and his mother?
(a) That Finn and his mother will never speak again.
(b) That Finn is just like his mother.
(c) That Finn wants her to come back home.
(d) That it is Finn's fault that she left.
8. Priscilla Willis could best be described with what word?
9. Finn indicates that Miguel feels what emotion about seeing Amber Hass in "Lost"?
10. Finn is most surprised that the horse being put in the barn was not heard by whom in "The Night Mare"?
(c) Charlie Valentine.
11. Which adjective best describes Roza's maid in "Storming the Castle"?
12. How was Didi affected by her husband's death?
(a) She went alone on a cross-country hike and never came back.
(b) She began using drugs.
(c) She went to prison after beating up her next-door neighbor.
(d) She began stealing money from her job.
13. What does it indicate about Finn that he almost sees Roza laughing at him, crouched in the plants, in "The Night Mare"?
(a) He is obsessed with her.
(b) He does not trust Roza
(c) He thinks Roza is funny.
(d) Roza has often made fun of Finn.
14. What are Finn and Miguel being careful about in "Lost"?
(a) 18-wheeler trucks.
(b) The flu.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) Wild pigs.
15. How does Petey feel about the name Priscilla?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She thinks it sounds beautiful.
(d) She doesn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Roza been studying when she was in college?
2. What adjective best describes the horse that mysteriously appears in the O'Sullivans' barn?
3. What does Priscilla Willis keep?
4. Which plot element in "Lost" is the hardest to believe?
5. Why is Sean knowledgeable about how to fix Roza's injuries?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)