|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might it indicate about Priscilla Willis that she is referred to as having a "sting worse than any bee"?
(a) She has health problems.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She loves bees.
(d) She is tall.
2. What does Petey do when the farm boy at the party tries to do more with her than she wanted in "Get Real"?
(a) Tells Finn about it.
(b) Asks Amber to beat him up.
(c) Punches him in the testicles.
(d) Calls the police on him.
3. Who is in the portrait hanging over the fireplace at the abductor's house in "Run"?
(c) A former U.S. senator.
(d) The kidnapper's mother.
4. What does Mrs. Lonogan seem to assume about Finn and his mother?
(a) That Finn and his mother will never speak again.
(b) That Finn is just like his mother.
(c) That it is Finn's fault that she left.
(d) That Finn wants her to come back home.
5. What does Petey's mother do that irritates her in "Get Real"?
(a) Calls Petey's friends just to talk.
(b) Gets the bees disoriented and makes Petey calm them down.
(c) Gives her an inflexible curfew.
(d) Calls her Priscilla.
6. Why is Sean knowledgeable about how to fix Roza's injuries?
(a) He is an emergency medical technician.
(b) He has worked in a shelter for abused women.
(c) He has worked in a pharmacy.
(d) He is a medical doctor.
7. The narrator of the chapter titled "Lost" speaks from what narrative perspective?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Fourth person.
(d) First person.
8. Why might Roza choose to give the beast, whom she has named Rus, eel pies?
(a) To make it like and trust her.
(b) To make Rus sick.
(c) To help her escape immediately.
(d) To make the cook happy.
9. Why had Babcia saved zlotys, according to the narrator in "Storming the Castle"?
(a) To give to Roza so she could travel.
(b) To be able to retire and be wealthy.
(c) To go on a cruise.
(d) To use as a spice in her pecan pie.
10. Finn finds out that Petey used to be friends with whom, in "The Night Mare"?
11. What does Miguel think Finn should do in "Showdown"?
(a) Be less shy with girls.
(b) Fight him over Amber Hass.
(c) Stare at people more.
(d) Be an actor.
12. Which word best describes the relationship between Finn and Sean as shown in "Roadkill"?
13. Finn and Petey's horse ride includes what journey in "Sees the Fire"?
(a) A trip through a European supermarket.
(b) A trip through a forest.
(c) A trip through the ocean.
(d) A trip to visit other horses for a long time.
14. Read the following sentence: "So stoic was his expression, so even his tone, so bland his smile that his moods were difficult to discern, but Roza was learning them. Based on the context, what does "discern" mean?
15. Who does the narrator describe as being "gone" in "The People of Bone Gap"?
(b) Priscilla Willis.
(c) Charlie Valentine.
(d) The girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Petey threaten to cut Finn with because he is staring in "The Night Mare"?
2. How does Roza develop her plan to escape in "Jump"?
3. What does Priscilla Willis keep?
4. Which girl does Bob hurt and take advantage of, according to the narrator in "Just Like the Rest of Us"?
5. What did Roza say when Otto asked her to marry him, according to the narrative in "Storming the Castle"?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)