|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Moe Berg attend Werner Heisenberg's lecture for the Alsos mission?
(a) April 15, 1943.
(b) November 16, 1945.
(c) December 18, 1944.
(d) September 18, 1944.
2. Where was Moe Berg to attend a lecture by Werner Heisenberg for his mission?
(a) Zurich University.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) The University of Bristol.
(d) Cambridge University.
3. Who was Robert Oppenheimer's former girlfriend whom he met in San Francisco on June 14, 1943?
(a) Lise Meitner.
(b) Ruth Werner.
(c) Jean Tatlock.
(d) Melba Phillips.
4. To where did Knut Haukelid take a train following the bombing of the ferry carrying heavy water from the Vemork plant?
5. How much money did Harry Gold hand over to David Greenglass for his information in 1945?
6. What was Moe Berg's profession prior to his work for the OSS in World War II?
(a) He was a professional baseball player.
(b) He was a professional basketball player.
(c) He was a psychiatrist.
(d) He was a professional football player.
7. What aircraft was Paul Tibbets helping the U.S. develop as a test pilot in the summer of 1944?
(a) The Grumman Goblin.
(b) The Hawker Demon.
(c) The B-29 bomber.
(d) The A-36 Apache.
8. Who flipped the switch that armed the plutonium bomb for testing in July of 1945?
(a) Alexander Feklisov.
(b) Robert Serber.
(c) Hans Bethe.
(d) Kenneth Bainbridge.
9. How far was Oppeneheimer's bomb shelter from the blast site for the testing of the plutonium bomb?
(a) 6 miles away.
(b) 10 miles away.
(c) 20 miles away.
(d) 2 miles away.
10. On what date did Adolf Hitler commit suicide?
(a) March 13, 1945.
(b) April 30, 1945.
(c) April 12, 1945.
(d) September 1, 1945.
11. By what name did Dorothy McKibben's potential employer introduce himself when he interviewed with her at a Santa Fe hotel in March of 1943?
(a) Mr. Bradley.
(b) Mr. Werner.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Smith.
12. Who was the top army intelligence officer on the West Coast in June of 1943?
(a) Lt. Colonel Robert Serber.
(b) Lt. Colonel John Wilson.
(c) General Brehon Somervell.
(d) Lt. Colonel Boris Pash.
13. What training site did Paul Tibbets choose to work on his strategy for dropping an atomic bomb in 1944?
(a) Los Alamos, New Mexico.
(b) Malvern, Nebraska.
(c) Wendover, Utah.
(d) Juneau, Alaska.
14. How many people were saved by a rescue boat when the ferry carrying heavy water from the Vemork plant was bombed?
15. Who accompanied the uranium as it was shipped toward the destination of Tinian?
(a) Major Robert Furman and Captain James Nolan.
(b) General Brehon Somervell and Colonel John Wilson.
(c) Robert Oppenheimer and Arne Kjelstrup.
(d) Lt. Colonel Boris Pash and General George Marshall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Paul Tibbets flying team that he developed in late 1944?
2. Who was the leader of Hitler's bomb project during WWII?
3. What was the name of the Soviets' secret lab in the pine woods outside Moscow in 1943?
4. What location in Santa Fe did Klaus Fuchs choose for future meetings with Harry Gold in 1945?
5. What physicist was the scientific head of the Alsos mission?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)