|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harry Truman meet Joseph Stalin for the first time?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) London, England.
(c) Potsdam, Germany.
(d) Zurich, Switzerland.
2. How far was Oppeneheimer's bomb shelter from the blast site for the testing of the plutonium bomb?
(a) 10 miles away.
(b) 2 miles away.
(c) 20 miles away.
(d) 6 miles away.
3. What was the name of the horse that Robert Oppenheimer kept at Los Alamos?
4. On what date did Harry Gold travel to Massachusetts to locate Klaus Fuchs's sister's home?
(a) June 19, 1944.
(b) October 8, 1943.
(c) February 21, 1945.
(d) December 18, 1944.
5. What was the site named where the plutonium bomb would be tested for the Manhattan Project?
6. Who was the leader of Hitler's bomb project during WWII?
(a) Samuel Goudsmit.
(b) Kurt Diebner.
(c) Lewis Strauss.
(d) Arne Kjelstrup.
7. By what name did Dorothy McKibben's potential employer introduce himself when he interviewed with her at a Santa Fe hotel in March of 1943?
(a) Mr. Bradley.
(b) Mr. Werner.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
8. What aircraft was Paul Tibbets helping the U.S. develop as a test pilot in the summer of 1944?
(a) The Hawker Demon.
(b) The B-29 bomber.
(c) The Grumman Goblin.
(d) The A-36 Apache.
9. Where was Paul Tibbets ordered to go to meet with Air Force General Uzal Ent in the summer of 1944?
(a) Spokane, Washington.
(b) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
(c) Fort Bragg, California.
(d) Santa Fe, New Mexico.
10. Where was Harry Truman a senator in early 1944?
11. How old was Paul Tibbets in the summer of 1944?
12. How far is Okinawa from the Japanese mainland?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 140 miles.
(c) 340 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
13. Who was General Lestlie Groves's top intelligence officer in late 1943?
(a) Major Robert Furman.
(b) General George Marshall.
(c) Lt. Colonel Boris Pash.
(d) Colonel John Wilson.
14. What ship carried the uranium for its trip to Tinian?
(a) The USS Pittsburgh.
(b) The USS Cleveland.
(c) The USS Manhattan.
(d) The USS Indianapolis.
15. Who offered Dorothy McKibben a secretarial job in March of 1943?
(a) Joe Stevenson.
(b) Bob Wilson.
(c) George Eltenton.
(d) Henry Stimson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Igor Kurchatov when he was put in charge of building a Soviet atomic weapon?
2. Who was Stalin's head of secret police in late 1944?
3. What training site did Paul Tibbets choose to work on his strategy for dropping an atomic bomb in 1944?
4. Where was Moe Berg to attend a lecture by Werner Heisenberg for his mission?
5. At what hotel did Dorothy McKibben meet her potential employer to interview for a confidential job in March of 1943?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)