|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Robert Oppenheimer's former girlfriend whom he met in San Francisco on June 14, 1943?
(a) Jean Tatlock.
(b) Ruth Werner.
(c) Lise Meitner.
(d) Melba Phillips.
2. What was Moe Berg's profession prior to his work for the OSS in World War II?
(a) He was a professional basketball player.
(b) He was a professional baseball player.
(c) He was a psychiatrist.
(d) He was a professional football player.
3. Who was the Army Counter-Intelligence officer that questioned Paul Tibbets before he met with General Uzal Ent in the summer of 1944?
(a) Colonel John Wilson.
(b) Colonel Boris Pash.
(c) Major Robert Furman.
(d) Colonel John Lansdale.
4. What was the name of the Soviets' secret lab in the pine woods outside Moscow in 1943?
(a) Laboratory Number 2.
(b) Special Training School No. 3.
(c) The Los Alamos Ranch School.
5. How heavy was the bomb that Haukelid planted on the ferry that was to transport the heavy water from the Vemork plant?
(a) 14 pounds.
(b) 19 pounds.
(c) 30 pounds.
(d) 8 pounds.
6. What aircraft was Paul Tibbets helping the U.S. develop as a test pilot in the summer of 1944?
(a) The Hawker Demon.
(b) The B-29 bomber.
(c) The A-36 Apache.
(d) The Grumman Goblin.
7. Where was Carl Eifler reassigned by OSS director General William Donovan in late 1944?
8. When did Franklin D. Roosevelt die?
(a) February 21, 1945.
(b) September 1, 1945.
(c) April 12, 1945.
(d) December 18, 1944.
9. At what hotel did Dorothy McKibben meet her potential employer to interview for a confidential job in March of 1943?
(a) The Quartz.
(b) La Fonda.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) Casa Lorena.
10. What was the name of the area from where William Laurence and the scientists observed the testing of the plutonium bomb?
(a) Compana Hill.
(c) Bathtub Row.
(d) St. Lawrence.
11. How many people were aboard the ferry as it transported heavy water from the Vemork plant?
12. What book of poetry was used in Ted Hall's secret letters to Saville Sax?
(a) Idylls of the King.
(b) Leaves of Grass.
(c) Canterbury Tales.
(d) Prufrock and Other Observations.
13. Who offered Dorothy McKibben a secretarial job in March of 1943?
(a) George Eltenton.
(b) Joe Stevenson.
(c) Bob Wilson.
(d) Henry Stimson.
14. How old was Paul Tibbets in the summer of 1944?
15. How far was Oppeneheimer's bomb shelter from the blast site for the testing of the plutonium bomb?
(a) 10 miles away.
(b) 6 miles away.
(c) 2 miles away.
(d) 20 miles away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the site named where the plutonium bomb would be tested for the Manhattan Project?
2. Where did Harry Truman meet Joseph Stalin for the first time?
3. How old was Moe Berg when he was assigned the Heisenberg kidnapping mission?
4. On what date did Adolf Hitler commit suicide?
5. How many workers were living in trailers around the erection of the secret plant in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, by early 1944?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)