|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atomic number of uranium?
2. When did German forces capture Norway and Denmark during World War II?
(a) May, 1939.
(b) April, 1940.
(c) July, 1940.
(d) March, 1941.
3. What political party did Tom Black pressure Harry Gold to join?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Labor Party.
4. Who was Semyon Semyonov's KGB colleague that helped work with him to throw off the scent of the FBI, according to the author in "Rapid Rupture"?
(a) Alexander Sachs.
(b) Alexander Feklisov.
(c) Luis Alvarez.
(d) Robert Oppenheimer.
5. On what date was the meeting between Roosevelt and Churchill in the opening of "On the Cliff"?
(a) December 11, 1941.
(b) May 22, 1943.
(c) October 21, 1939.
(d) June 19, 1942.
6. How old was Robert Oppenheimer when he first voted in a presidential election?
7. How much did Robert Oppenheimer weigh when he underwent an army physical prior to being appointed to the Manhattan Project?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 128 pounds.
(c) 136 pounds.
(d) 115 pounds.
8. How did Haukelid injure himself during a training exercise before the special mission he was selected for, according to the author in "International Gangster School"?
(a) He broke his arm climbing a fence.
(b) He shot himself in the foot.
(c) He almost drowned in a river.
(d) He shot himself in the arm.
9. Where was mathematician Stanislaw Ulam working when he was invited to a project for special war work?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) The Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
(d) The University of Wisconsin.
10. Who were the FBI agents at Harry Gold's door in the Prologue to Bomb?
(a) Scott Miller and Richard Brennan.
(b) Derek Curtis-Bennett and Paul Sachs.
(c) James Wilson and Peter Martin.
(d) Ted Hall and Lewis Strauss.
11. On what date did General Groves first meet Robert Oppenheimer?
(a) June 19, 1942.
(b) September 18, 1942.
(c) October 21, 1939.
(d) October 8, 1942.
12. How old was Harry Gold when World War II began?
13. When did Adolf Hitler launch a four-million man invasion across the Soviet border, despite his agreements not to do so?
(a) April, 1940.
(b) May, 1939.
(c) June, 1941.
(d) July, 1940.
14. Where was Robert Oppenheimer born and raised?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Zurich, Switzerland.
15. In what year did the FBI open a file on Robert Oppenheimer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Peter Ivanov send to talk to Robert Oppenheimer and feel out his Communist sensibilities at Berkeley?
2. Where did Haukelid's training group go to attend parachute school?
3. When did the Briggs Advisory Committee on Uranium hold its first meeting?
4. How old was Colonel Leslie Groves when he was selected to oversee the bomb project?
5. When did Adolf Hitler take over as Chancellor of Germany?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)