|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Reaction Begins" – "Epilogue".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many workers were living in trailers around the erection of the secret plant in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, by early 1944?
2. Who was Semyon Semyonov's KGB colleague that helped work with him to throw off the scent of the FBI, according to the author in "Rapid Rupture"?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) Alexander Feklisov.
(c) Alexander Sachs.
(d) Luis Alvarez.
3. With whom did Harry Gold fall in love three years after WWII ended?
(a) Melba Phillips.
(b) Mary Lanning.
(c) Jean Tatlock.
(d) Lise Meitner.
4. Where did Klaus Fuchs earn his PhD?
(a) The University of California, Berkeley.
(b) Zurich University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) The University of Bristol.
5. What was the population of Santa Fe, New Mexico, in 1943?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Adolf Hitler annex Austria into his German Empire?
2. When did Adolf Hitler take over as Chancellor of Germany?
3. What mailing address did Dorothy McKibben give to the new scientists arriving in Santa Fe for the bomb project?
4. Where did Tom Black arrange for Harry Gold to take a job in Jersey City in 1933?
5. On what date did Robert Oppenheimer officially resign as the director of Los Alamos?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)