|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Reaction Begins" – "Epilogue".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the estate in England where the German scientists were taken after the European war ended?
(a) Faulkner Hall.
(b) Werner House.
(c) Farm Hall.
(d) The Icehouse.
2. What building had Colonel Leslie Groves overseen the construction of before he was selected to oversee the bomb project?
(a) The World Trade Center.
(b) The U.S. Senate Chambers.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Pentagon.
3. The bomb that was dropped on Nagasaki exploded with the force of how many tons of TNT?
4. To where did Knut Haukelid take a train following the bombing of the ferry carrying heavy water from the Vemork plant?
5. Where did Eugene Wigner and Leo Szilard find Albert Einstein in "Finding Einstein"?
(a) Peconic, New York.
(b) Princeton, New Jersey.
(c) New Paltz, New York.
(d) New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lona Cohen smuggle Hall's notes and blueprints within when she boarded a train from New Mexico?
2. Where did Klaus Fuchs earn his PhD?
3. What sentence did Harry Gold receive for Soviet espionage?
4. Who was Japan's war minister in August of 1945?
5. What is the name of Great Britain's military intelligence agency?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)