|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Reaction Begins" – "Epilogue".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence did Klause Fuchs receive for passing the Soviets information about the atomic bomb?
(a) 14 years in prison.
(b) Life in prison.
(d) 50 years in prison.
2. In what year did the FBI open a file on Robert Oppenheimer?
3. When did Robert Oppenheimer graduate from Harvard University?
4. What was the actual name of the training school nicknamed by the Germans as the "International Gangster School"?
(a) Special Training School No. 3.
(b) The Los Alamos Ranch School.
(c) Werner Underground Training Facility.
5. On what date did Moe Berg attend Werner Heisenberg's lecture for the Alsos mission?
(a) December 18, 1944.
(b) November 16, 1945.
(c) September 18, 1944.
(d) April 15, 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the population of Santa Fe, New Mexico, in 1943?
2. Who represented Klaus Fuchs in his espionage trial?
3. What was the name of the ferry boat that the Germans were using to transport heavy water from the Vemork plant?
4. What was Poulsson's answer to the pre-arranged security question, "What did you see walking down the Strand in the early hours of January 1, 1941?"
5. What date is described in the Prologue of Bomb?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)