|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Reaction Begins" – "Epilogue".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Moe Berg's profession prior to his work for the OSS in World War II?
(a) He was a psychiatrist.
(b) He was a professional baseball player.
(c) He was a professional football player.
(d) He was a professional basketball player.
2. Where did Robert Oppenheimer work as a theoretical physicist and professor of physics in the 1930s?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) The University of Wisconsin.
(d) The University of California, Berkeley.
3. When did Adolf Hitler launch a four-million man invasion across the Soviet border, despite his agreements not to do so?
(a) June, 1941.
(b) April, 1940.
(c) July, 1940.
(d) May, 1939.
4. What was the name of the area at Los Alamos where Robert Oppenheimer lived?
(a) Classroom row.
(b) Bathtub Row.
(c) Clubhouse Row.
(d) Desert Row.
5. What does the Army's "CIC" refer to?
(a) Community Intelligence Cadets.
(b) Cultural Intelligence Corps.
(c) Central-Intelligence Corps.
(d) Counter-Intelligence Corps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship carried the uranium for its trip to Tinian?
2. What was the site named where the plutonium bomb would be tested for the Manhattan Project?
3. What training site did Paul Tibbets choose to work on his strategy for dropping an atomic bomb in 1944?
4. What was the name of the area from where William Laurence and the scientists observed the testing of the plutonium bomb?
5. Who was Robert Oppenheimer's former girlfriend whom he met in San Francisco on June 14, 1943?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)