|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Pilot" – "Hiroshima".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Adolf Hitler commit suicide?
(a) September 1, 1945.
(b) April 12, 1945.
(c) March 13, 1945.
(d) April 30, 1945.
2. On what date was Albert Einstein's letter to the U.S. President warning of Germany's development of an atomic bomb delivered?
(a) November 1, 1939.
(b) April 22, 1938.
(c) September 1, 1939.
(d) October 11, 1939.
3. What building had Colonel Leslie Groves overseen the construction of before he was selected to oversee the bomb project?
(a) The White House.
(b) The U.S. Senate Chambers.
(c) The World Trade Center.
(d) The Pentagon.
4. What was the real name of the man that interviewed Dorothy McKibben for a job in Santa Fe in March of 1943?
(a) Bob Wilson.
(b) Colonel John Wilson.
(c) Robert Oppenheimer.
(d) General Brehon Somervell.
5. How many barrels of heavy water were loaded onto the ferry to be transported from the Vemork plant when Haukelid rigged a bomb on the ferry?
(a) 20 barrels.
(b) 50 barrels.
(c) 40 barrels.
(d) 70 barrels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Donald Hornig studying chemistry when he was offered a confidential job by his lab instructor?
2. How much money did Harry Gold hand over to David Greenglass for his information in 1945?
3. What code name was Enrico Fermi given at Los Alamos?
4. What was the name of the ferry boat that the Germans were using to transport heavy water from the Vemork plant?
5. What was the site named where the plutonium bomb would be tested for the Manhattan Project?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)