|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Pilot" – "Hiroshima".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many uranium atoms have a total of 235 protons and neutrons?
(a) 1 out of 10.
(b) 1 out of 130.
(c) 1 out of 300.
(d) 1 out of 50.
2. Who invited William Laurence to attend the test shot of the plutonium bomb?
(a) Robert Oppenheimer.
(b) General Leslie Groves.
(c) Colonel Kenneth Nichols.
(d) General Brehon Somervell.
3. Where was physicist Neils Bohr from?
(d) Great Britain.
4. What was the real name of the man that interviewed Dorothy McKibben for a job in Santa Fe in March of 1943?
(a) General Brehon Somervell.
(b) Colonel John Wilson.
(c) Bob Wilson.
(d) Robert Oppenheimer.
5. How old was Igor Kurchatov when he was put in charge of building a Soviet atomic weapon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Robert Oppenheimer weigh when he underwent an army physical prior to being appointed to the Manhattan Project?
2. Where did Harry Gold live when he was questioned by the FBI in the Prologue?
3. What was the name of Paul Tibbets flying team that he developed in late 1944?
4. Who was the U.S. President in July of 1939?
5. When was Robert Oppenheimer born?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)