|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Pilot" – "Hiroshima".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what town was the Vemork power plant located?
(a) Zurich, Switzerland.
(b) Haugesund, Norway.
(c) Rjukan, Norway.
(d) Grimstad, Norway.
2. On what date was Albert Einstein's letter to the U.S. President warning of Germany's development of an atomic bomb delivered?
(a) April 22, 1938.
(b) October 11, 1939.
(c) September 1, 1939.
(d) November 1, 1939.
3. On what date did Moe Berg attend Werner Heisenberg's lecture for the Alsos mission?
(a) December 18, 1944.
(b) April 15, 1943.
(c) September 18, 1944.
(d) November 16, 1945.
4. What political party did Tom Black pressure Harry Gold to join?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Labor Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Communist Party.
5. What is the atomic number of uranium?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness was responsible for Franklin Roosevelt's adult disability?
2. How far is Okinawa from the Japanese mainland?
3. What was the name of the area at Los Alamos where Robert Oppenheimer lived?
4. What mailing address did Dorothy McKibben give to the new scientists arriving in Santa Fe for the bomb project?
5. Where did Samuel Goudsmit corner physicist Walther Bothe in February of 1945?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)