|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Gatekeeper" – "Two Inside".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the population of Santa Fe, New Mexico, in 1943?
2. Where did Klaus Fuchs earn his PhD?
(a) The University of California, Berkeley.
(b) The University of Bristol.
(c) Zurich University.
(d) The University of Chicago.
3. Where was Knut Haukelid born?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Brooklyn, New York.
(c) Oslo, Norway.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
4. How many neutrons are contained in the nucleus of a normal hydrogen atom?
5. How many barrels of heavy water were loaded onto the ferry to be transported from the Vemork plant when Haukelid rigged a bomb on the ferry?
(a) 40 barrels.
(b) 50 barrels.
(c) 20 barrels.
(d) 70 barrels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Donald Hornig studying chemistry when he was offered a confidential job by his lab instructor?
2. What mailing address did Dorothy McKibben give to the new scientists arriving in Santa Fe for the bomb project?
3. Near what town was the Vemork power plant located?
4. On what date did Hitler's Germany launch a massive invasion of Poland?
5. How much did Robert Oppenheimer weigh when he underwent an army physical prior to being appointed to the Manhattan Project?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)