|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Gatekeeper" – "Two Inside".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the top army intelligence officer on the West Coast in June of 1943?
(a) General Brehon Somervell.
(b) Lt. Colonel Robert Serber.
(c) Lt. Colonel Boris Pash.
(d) Lt. Colonel John Wilson.
2. What mailing address did Dorothy McKibben give to the new scientists arriving in Santa Fe for the bomb project?
(a) P.O. Box 212, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
(b) P.O. Box 0, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
(c) P.O. Box 313, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
(d) P.O. Box 1663, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
3. What does S.O.E. stand for?
(a) Special Operations Executive.
(b) Special Ordinance Elective.
(c) Selective Operations Establishment.
(d) Secret Operations Entity.
4. On what date was Albert Einstein's letter to the U.S. President warning of Germany's development of an atomic bomb delivered?
(a) September 1, 1939.
(b) April 22, 1938.
(c) October 11, 1939.
(d) November 1, 1939.
5. Whom did Oppenheimer ask to spread a rumor about "electric rockets" in Santa Fe to distract from the reality of what was happening at Los Alamos?
(a) Joe and Sarah Stevenson.
(b) Robert and Charlotte Serber.
(c) Henry Stimson.
(d) Alexander Sachs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were aboard the ferry as it transported heavy water from the Vemork plant?
2. What building had Colonel Leslie Groves overseen the construction of before he was selected to oversee the bomb project?
3. How far did the British plane drop Poulsson's team from their intended drop target on the Vemork mission?
4. Prior to the development of the atomic bomb, where did the largest man-made explosion in history occur?
5. Where had Knut Haukelid been fighting the Germans in a resistance movement when he was met by British officers in "International Gangster School"?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)