|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "On the Cliff" – "High Concentration".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Robert Oppenheimer weigh when he underwent an army physical prior to being appointed to the Manhattan Project?
(a) 115 pounds.
(b) 136 pounds.
(c) 128 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
2. How did Haukelid injure himself during a training exercise before the special mission he was selected for, according to the author in "International Gangster School"?
(a) He broke his arm climbing a fence.
(b) He almost drowned in a river.
(c) He shot himself in the arm.
(d) He shot himself in the foot.
3. What does "blitzkrieg" translate to in English?
(a) "Ghost war."
(b) "Atomic war."
(c) "Secret war."
(d) "Lighting war."
4. How many neutrons are contained in the nucleus of a normal hydrogen atom?
5. That former partner did Otto Hahn write first when he first discovered that uranium atoms could be split, according to the author in "The U Business"?
(a) Lewis Strauss.
(b) Lise Meitner.
(c) Robert Oppenheimer.
(d) Klaus Fuchs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Robert Oppenheimer's date whom the author describes him abandoning in "Skinny Superhero"?
2. What building had Colonel Leslie Groves overseen the construction of before he was selected to oversee the bomb project?
3. How old was Colonel Leslie Groves when he was selected to oversee the bomb project?
4. Why did Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt agree to combine their resources and work on atomic weapons in the United States?
5. Where was physicist Neils Bohr from?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)