|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "On the Cliff" – "High Concentration".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Knut Haukelid been fighting the Germans in a resistance movement when he was met by British officers in "International Gangster School"?
2. Who convinced Richard Feynman to join in the Los Alamos project?
(a) John Wilson.
(b) Henry Stimson.
(c) George Eltenton.
(d) Bob Wilson.
3. What date is described in the Prologue of Bomb?
(a) July 12, 1945.
(b) May 22, 1950.
(c) September 18, 1951.
(d) November 1, 1952.
4. What building had Colonel Leslie Groves overseen the construction of before he was selected to oversee the bomb project?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) The World Trade Center.
(c) The White House.
(d) The U.S. Senate Chambers.
5. Near what town was the Vemork power plant located?
(a) Rjukan, Norway.
(b) Haugesund, Norway.
(c) Grimstad, Norway.
(d) Zurich, Switzerland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Manhattan Project given this code name?
2. When did the Briggs Advisory Committee on Uranium hold its first meeting?
3. When was Harry Gold born?
4. On what date did General Leslie Groves take command of the Manhattan Project?
5. How many years of evidence was Harry Gold racing to destroy in the Prologue?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)