|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "On the Cliff" – "High Concentration".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informed Robert Oppenheimer about the German chemists finding the uranium could be split, according to the author in "The U Business"?
(a) Luis Alvarez.
(b) Richard Brennan.
(c) Derek Curtis-Bennett.
(d) Scott Miller.
2. How old was Colonel Leslie Groves when he was selected to oversee the bomb project?
3. When was Robert Oppenheimer born?
(a) April 22, 1904.
(b) May 22, 1908.
(c) November 1, 1914.
(d) December 11, 1910.
4. What does "blitzkrieg" translate to in English?
(a) "Secret war."
(b) "Atomic war."
(c) "Ghost war."
(d) "Lighting war."
5. Who convinced Richard Feynman to join in the Los Alamos project?
(a) Bob Wilson.
(b) John Wilson.
(c) Henry Stimson.
(d) George Eltenton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atomic number of uranium?
2. Why was the Manhattan Project given this code name?
3. Where did Haukelid's training group go to attend parachute school?
4. When did the Briggs Advisory Committee on Uranium hold its first meeting?
5. Where was Robert Oppenheimer born and raised?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)