|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Reaction Begins" – "Epilogue".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name did Dorothy McKibben's potential employer introduce himself when he interviewed with her at a Santa Fe hotel in March of 1943?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Werner.
(c) Mr. Bradley.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
2. Where did Ted Hall work after leaving the U.S. in 1962?
(a) The University of Bristol.
(b) Zurich University.
(c) Cambridge University.
(d) Special Training School No. 3.
3. Where was Paul Tibbets ordered to go to meet with Air Force General Uzal Ent in the summer of 1944?
(a) Fort Bragg, California.
(b) Colorado Springs, Colorado.
(c) Spokane, Washington.
(d) Santa Fe, New Mexico.
4. Who told Oppenheimer after his visit to San Francisco in June of 1943, "In the future, please avoid seeing your questionable friends"?
(a) General Brehon Somervell.
(b) Colonel Kenneth Nichols.
(c) Colonel Boris Pash.
(d) Colonel John Wilson.
5. On what date did Harry Gold travel to Massachusetts to locate Klaus Fuchs's sister's home?
(a) June 19, 1944.
(b) October 8, 1943.
(c) February 21, 1945.
(d) December 18, 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ted Hall's lab partner at Los Alamos?
2. Who represented Klaus Fuchs in his espionage trial?
3. What was the site named where the plutonium bomb would be tested for the Manhattan Project?
4. How old was Dorothy McKibben in March of 1943?
5. On what date did Moe Berg attend Werner Heisenberg's lecture for the Alsos mission?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)