|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Reaction Begins" – "Epilogue".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Haukelid's training group go to attend parachute school?
2. Prior to the development of the atomic bomb, where did the largest man-made explosion in history occur?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Augusta Bay, Alaska.
(c) Halifax Harbor, Canada.
(d) Zurich, Switzerland.
3. On what date did Hitler's Germany launch a massive invasion of Poland?
(a) September 1, 1939.
(b) April 22, 1940.
(c) November 1, 1937.
(d) December 11, 1938.
4. Where was Moe Berg to attend a lecture by Werner Heisenberg for his mission?
(a) The University of Bristol.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Zurich University.
5. What type of plane carried the bomb that was dropped over Nagasaki?
(a) A Hawker Demon.
(b) An A-36 Apache.
(c) A Grumman Goblin.
(d) A B-29 bomber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Japan's top atomic physicist during WWII?
2. Who was Ted Hall's lab partner at Los Alamos?
3. What was the site named where the plutonium bomb would be tested for the Manhattan Project?
4. On what date did Harry Gold arrive in Santa Fe to meet with Klaus Fuchs?
5. Where was Knut Haukelid born?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)