|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Reaction Begins" – "Epilogue".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ted Hall work after leaving the U.S. in 1962?
(a) Special Training School No. 3.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) The University of Bristol.
(d) Zurich University.
2. On what date was the first meeting of the physicists at the Los Alamos Ranch School?
(a) October 21, 1943.
(b) November 16, 1942.
(c) September 18, 1942.
(d) April 15, 1943.
3. How old was Jens Poulsson when he was chosen as the leader of a special mission to attack the Vemork power plant?
4. Who was the leader of Hitler's bomb project during WWII?
(a) Kurt Diebner.
(b) Lewis Strauss.
(c) Samuel Goudsmit.
(d) Arne Kjelstrup.
5. Where did Harry Gold live when he was questioned by the FBI in the Prologue?
(a) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of poetry was used in Ted Hall's secret letters to Saville Sax?
2. When General Groves first met with the Uranium Committee members in Chicago, how much uranium did they tell him it would take to make an atomic bomb?
3. Who was the U.S. President in July of 1939?
4. What did Saville Sax use for invisible ink in his notes for the Soviets?
5. How old was Harry Gold when World War II began?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)